Options

The Big Bang Theory - Season 6 - E4 - 15th Nov - 8pm (UK Pace)

Comments

• Options
    bramley29bramley29 Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I'll give it another three or four episodes but episodes 1 and 2 were very poor. It's such a shame that the producers went for a Friends clone because the first three series were excellent in their own way. I know this is a bit sexist but I reckon they thought by introducing lots of lurv they could make it appeal to millions of teenage girls the way that Friends did. I have a solution but it involves killing off Amy, Howard's wife leaving and the producers rehiring the original writers.
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. The two posts above this have set me thinking. Between them, they have the kernel of a great developement.

Bernadette's appalling disregard for H & S in her lab work leads to a deadly infection among the group. Sheldon's fastidious obsession with cleanliness saves him from death, but turns him into a Hulk type figure, while Penny's upbringing in the corn belt of Nebraska, with its association with genetic modification, has given her immunity to the dread disease and affects her only in a compulsion to take off all her clothes whenever she sees a green person.

All the rest of the gang die.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bramley29 wrote: »
    It's such a shame that the producers went for a Friends clone

The last episode will probably involve Penny finally getting her big break in acting and having to move away. However, in the end she realises that she loves Leonard and gets off the plane. Much whooping from the audience ensues in their reunion scene. :p
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read on another forum someone's idea for Penny and I think it would be quite good.

Penny gets her big break on a science fiction TV show. Like a new BSG or something that Sheldon's a huge fan of and he helps her with her wordy "jibber jabber" dialogue and stuff.

But either way, they need to do something with her. She's not any different from season 1 to now, same for Raj.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheldon saying "please don't hurt my friend" and MEANING it...that was interesting.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    bramley29 wrote: »
    I'll give it another three or four episodes but episodes 1 and 2 were very poor. It's such a shame that the producers went for a Friends clone because the first three series were excellent in their own way. I know this is a bit sexist but I reckon they thought by introducing lots of lurv they could make it appeal to millions of teenage girls the way that Friends did. I have a solution but it involves killing off Amy, Howard's wife leaving and the producers rehiring the original writers.
    I agree with you. This show is about geekdom and struggling to relate to the real world. It's gone too happy families. Amy and Bernadette should have remained as minor characters. Also Amy's love for Sheldon makes no sense. She would be better as Penny's occasional fan girl friend. Bernadette would be better as someone Howard keeps trying it on with but is never successful.
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Sheldon saying "please don't hurt my friend" and MEANING it...that was interesting.

I thought that was really sweet, but moments like that from Sheldon shouldn't be used too often, it would change his character completely.
    Mandark wrote: »
    I agree with you. This show is about geekdom and struggling to relate to the real world. It's gone too happy families. Amy and Bernadette should have remained as minor characters. Also Amy's love for Sheldon makes no sense. She would be better as Penny's occasional fan girl friend. Bernadette would be better as someone Howard keeps trying it on with but is never successful.

I agree about Bernadette, then maybe towards the end of the show she starts to warm to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of Penny getting her big break etc.

It would change the whole dynamic between her and Sheldon and of course she fall for the male lead, Leonard panics and shoots himself in the foot and Penny dumps him or he does the noble thing and dumps Penny so she can be with her 'true love'. Penny dates lead, he's a jerk. Sheldon and Penny become 'friends' Leonard goes back to Lesley Winkle. Sheldon get's mocked by Lesley. Penny dumps new boyfriend and gets back with Leonard yet again say on New Years eve.

Is it really sad that I worked that all out on less than five minutes or have I just watched one episode too many of this show?
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot better this week, IMO.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a better episode, I hope it continues this way.
  • Options
    dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always feel disappointed when I see the space station, knowing what follows is going to be rubbish.

As for this episode being an improvement, that particular bar wasn't set very high, to be fair.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed this week but agree on the Howard scenes. Akward viewing.

It wasn't hard to build on last 2 episodes but there are glimpses of old.
  • Options
    tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doffer wrote: »
    I always feel disappointed when I see the space station, knowing what follows is going to be rubbish.

As for this episode being an improvement, that particular bar wasn't set very high, to be fair.

Totally agree with you on this. Tonight's episode was a real nadir.

One of the strengths of the show has been that while the gang's behaviour is often bizarre it is not too far beyond the bounds of reality. This is no longer true of the space-station scenes. They are painfully unfunny.

Also the Howard character just doesn't work when he's apart from the group.
  • Options
    LesterForbesLesterForbes Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBBT just starting to show signs of loosing its way now I think, what started out as a show about the daily, funny stories of 4 lonely nerds who can't get girlfriends is starting to turned into yet another US TV sitcom where now everybody's happy and has solid relationships (except Raj) even the gay/a-sexual character has a girlfriend!!

The show only worked in the first place mostly because of it's brilliant actors and writing but also because the characters were all socially awkward-nerd-loosers who spent far too much time locked away in their bedrooms and got themselves into hillarious situations chasing potential girlfriends
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBBT just starting to show signs of loosing its way now I think, what started out as a show about the daily, funny stories of 4 lonely nerds who can't get girlfriends is starting to turned into yet another US TV sitcom where now everybody's happy and has solid relationships (except Raj) even the gay/a-sexual character has a girlfriend!!

The show only worked in the first place mostly because of it's brilliant actors and writing but also because the characters were all socially awkward-nerd-loosers who spent far too much time locked away in their bedrooms and got themselves into hillarious situations chasing potential girlfriends

People are so quick to say how bad it's gotten but you have got the best to come. Episode 4-9 are brilliant. I am watching Episode 9 now and it's one of the best episodes ever.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Howard in space just doesn't work.

I thought it was another average episode. I did like Amy opening the door to Sheldon's office and saying 'Aha' though.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I liked the scene with amy showing penny the quite scary looking face of sheldon on her phone, insisting nobody could resist that face!

This was the best one of this season so far. Im not too keen on howard in space though. Hes funnier at home with his mum or with his friends. I have to give credit to them though for doing the space scenes. Many shows would have just written him out for those episodes, occasionally referring to him.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As others have said, signs of the old show this week - the Tinkerbell gag was the first laugh out loud moment for a while, but is it me or do they seem to end the eps quite abruptly. Seemed like we never really had any conclusion to this weeks. Just Howard taking his trousers off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Penny and the jealousy. Make up your mind already! :mad: Either dump him or tell him you bloody love him.

Loved Amy's jealousy over Sheldon, I couldn't stop laughing after she revealed what she did in Penny's apartment :D
  • Options
    LesterForbesLesterForbes Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    People are so quick to say how bad it's gotten but you have got the best to come. Episode 4-9 are brilliant. I am watching Episode 9 now and it's one of the best episodes ever.

I too am upto ep 9, but I thought we were discussing it at UK pace..... :cool:
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm concerned Sheldon becoming normalised will to an extent make his character pretty boring.

I've no idea why they decided to hook him up with Blossom
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Penny and the jealousy. Make up your mind already! :mad: Either dump him or tell him you bloody love him.

She'll probably save telling him that she loves him until the last ever episode. Cue whooping and screaming from the audience.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^or.... she'll be at the airport, all set to fly to some distant land to take up some acting gig, have a change-of-heart, race back to the building to proclaim her undying love for Leonard, burst into the apartment and throw open his bedroom door... to be greeted by Leonard and Sheldon in bed, all a-humping away, then Sheldon, seeing her shocked expression will simply smile and say either "It's only logical" or "bazinga". [fade to black]
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else watch thursdays rerun today on e4? The scene where Sheldon was interviewing the new assistant. Did they cut a reference to dope smoking?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best of episodes, but I did enjoy it.