Whose Biopic would you like to see graced on screen?

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Reading about Susan B Anthony right now (American civil rights leader who was instrument in the suffrage movement). I think that story would be good to tell and I can meryl streep it that role.

I'd like to see a biopic or a story center around Tsar Nicholas and Bloody Sunday.

Also about Rosa Parks.

Comments

• Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Keith Moon
    Legendary test pilot Chuck Yeager
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A rosa parks has been done, but it was a television film with Angela Bassett

I would love to see one on

Dusty Springfield
    Michael Jackson
    Whitney Houston
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Judy Garland - a feature film
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I would love to see one on

Dusty Springfield
    Michael Jackson
    Whitney Houston

You'd need about 6 actors of different ethnicities just to portray him as an adult.:D

I'd like to see Ernest Hemingway done properly. He was a true giant of American literature and led a heck of an interesting life to boot. Just think of the locations - Italy, Spain, Venice, Paris, Michigan, Cuba.

Oliver Stone, I'm looking at you...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katharine Hepburn
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a decent one about Audrey Hepburn (the Jennifer Love Hewitt vehicle was dreadful). I can't think of anyone who could play her, though.

A biopic of King James I and VI would be good. So many historical epics seem to focus on the Tudors and ignore everything else. A good biopic of his mother, Mary Queen of Scots, would be perfect fodder for a miniseries.

I wouldn't mind a film or series about some of the high-profile Titanic passengers (eg. Margaret Brown) which depict more than just the story of the ship.

The story of Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier would be good to see on screen.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freddie Mercury. His life was certainly controversial and fascinating.
    Also would love to see Sister Rosetta Tharpe get a biopic. This brilliantly talented soul singer and guitar player was the inspiration for many later artists. Her talent was brilliant and she deserves greater recognition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Freddie Mercury. His life was certainly controversial and fascinating.
    Also would love to see Sister Rosetta Tharpe get a biopic. This brilliantly talented soul singer and guitar player was the inspiration for many later artists. Her talent was brilliant and she deserves greater recognition.

Isn't there one coming, with Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury?
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't there one coming, with Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury?

ye gads I forgot about that. Not sure of Sacha playing Freddie though.

Also I forgot to mention in a similar vein to Rosetta Tharpe I would also like to see a biopic about Memphis Minnie. Another strong woman in a male dominated area of music in the big Blues era.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Judy Garland - a feature film

It's in development starring Anne Hathaway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    loveloveX wrote: »
    Reading about Susan B Anthony right now (American civil rights leader who was instrument in the suffrage movement). I think that story would be good to tell and I can meryl streep it that role.

I'd like to see a biopic or a story center around Tsar Nicholas and Bloody Sunday.

Also about Rosa Parks.

As has been mentioned already there was a TV movie about Rosa Parks.

I think the problems with Rosa is she is known for one incident. It makes making a film about her really difficult.

If you was to do one about say Neil Armstrong who has his moment in history and achieved something amazing etc, when you look at the rest of his life before and after, what is there?

When it comes to incidents I think they work better having a drama built upon that incident, for example the made for TV drama, Hillsborough, or Bloody Sunday. The incident is viewed form a few people's stories and perspectives.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti smith - I know there has been a good documentary film made about her, but i would like to see a drama based on hey very interesting life.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was talk of doing a Marx Brothers one a few years ago but I assume that has fallen through due to the near impossibility of casting it.
  • Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wendy O. Williams. If you don't know who she was spend a few minutes on Wiki or Youtube.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bessie Smith
    Billie Holliday
    Rosa Parks
    Martin Luther King
    JFK.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes Billie holiday.

Also king Edward VII and Alice Keppels story.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes Billie holiday.

Also king Edward VII and Alice Keppels story.

Edward VII got a fantastic biopic series starring Timothy West. Alice Keppel appeared as a character in a few episodes, but in the end, it was Lillie Langtry (played by Francesca Annis) who got a 'spin off' in terms of a subsequent biopic of her own.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I'd like to see a decent one about Audrey Hepburn (the Jennifer Love Hewitt vehicle was dreadful). I can't think of anyone who could play her, though.

Anne Hathaway would be great.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Winchell.

He was the voice of Dick Dastardly from 'Wacky Races' and also the inventor of the artificial heart.

There has to be a very interesting story in there somewhere.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should also do a Nina Simone piece.
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bette Davis
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Billie Holliday
    Oh yes Billie holiday.

Unless you just mean you want a more modern biopic, it's been done in Lady Sings The Blues, which starred Diana Ross.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the Walt Disney and Pamela Travers biopic Saving Mr Banks which is the story of how Mary Poppins was made into a film although a biopic about Walt from his early day to his death would be fascinating,

Judy Garland would be interesting but I wonder would it be about her whole life or just the final years.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbnutnut wrote: »
    Bette Davis

Or her and Joan crawfords enmity
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne Hathaway will be perfect as Judy, I can just see it now.

I really wish 'Lady Sings The Blues' would FINALLY get a UK DVD release :(