The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,948
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    No probs... couldn't remember - hit the actor's name by mistake..
    :D

But users' blase attitudes to DPA did use to annoy me when I had admin rights (current role in Capacity Planning doesn't need them, so I'm a regular mortal now)

sorry have i read that wrong?i dont understand that lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adrian is his Sunday name...except when Tess calls him in it in the middle of resus. :D

Think she's the only one that has :D
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    No probs... couldn't remember - hit the actor's name by mistake..
    :D

But users' blase attitudes to DPA did use to annoy me when I had admin rights (current role in Capacity Planning doesn't need them, so I'm a regular mortal now)

The actor is Alex...too many names beginning with 'A'. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think she's the only one that has :D

Natalie called him 'Ade' in the Christmas red button, I don't think he minds. He tells all patients to call him Fletch anyway.

I was going to say something else..but that's not for this board. Lol.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hilarious that people are trying to defend Fletch for accessing Tess' medical records.

Irregardless of whether you like him or not, he had no right to access them. He wasn't treating her, he wasn't given her permission, so in the eyes of the trust, he'd be in breach of his employment contract and, should Tess report it, he'd have to be investigated and probably sacked since he's on a final written warning.

Yes to the above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think people are overreacting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »
    I really think people are overreacting.

I do now, at first it was fine to bring 'real-life' work ethics into it, but it's gone way too far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone have any info RE Sam and Tom stuff coming up?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am the only one who couldn't take the scene where Tess told Fletch about her pregnancy seriously because the Macarena was playing in the background? :D
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Am the only one who couldn't take the scene where Tess told Fletch about her pregnancy seriously because the Macarena was playing in the background? :D

not that scene, but i didnt take the one with her nearly falling over seriously :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I totally missed something? Has Tess got health problems?
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »
    does anyone have any info RE Sam and Tom stuff coming up?
    According to the Autumn previews on the BBC Casualty website, Sam and Iain almost kiss. My guess is that Sam and Iain may have an affair. But I doubt Sam would do that to Tom. Also Fletch and Tess had an affair so it would be boring if Casualty did another affair storyline.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Have I totally missed something? Has Tess got health problems?

She had an abortion, so her gynaecology appointment is on her notes.
    Forum Member
    i need to pay more attention !!!! i never saw the scene with tess' bedroom and fletch/tess arriving with charlie seeing them. how did i miss that?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i need to pay more attention !!!! i never saw the scene with tess' bedroom and fletch/tess arriving with charlie seeing them. how did i miss that?!

It was a blink and you'll miss it thing!
    They walked in together, fletch was carrying her bag.. Very coupley!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tess isn't in it next couple of weeks, then fletch will be due a ' break' as he's been in it solid for the last few weeks , so prob won't see them on screen together for a long while :(
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    I'm not commenting on the specific situation of Tess / Fletch but patient confidentiality exists for a reason. The only people that have a right to access somebody's medical records are the medics that are treating them at that specific time and one of the reasons that medics are not supposed to treat friends and relatives is precisely because 1, they won't have the clinical distance necessary to do their jobs properly and 2, they could find out something from the notes about their friend / relative that their friend / relative does not want them to know because it is private. Concern for them is not a good enough excuse. I have a friend who married into a very religious family and her husband doesn't know that she had a termination prior to them meeting. I'm sure he 'd be concerned if she looked unwell but he wouldn't be allowed to go and look at her medical records at her GPS without her permission and he is her next of kin. Happening to be a Medic by profession does not excuse invading a friend or relatives privacy no matter that it came from concern - in fact it makes it worse because they have had professional ethics drummed into them from their first day of training.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bumping..
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Nice to actually have an episode actually set outside of the hospital for more than 2 minutes.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Thought it was an okay episode. I havent really warmed to Rita yet but kinda liked her in this episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did get a chance to watch it. Is Tess/ Fletch all forgotten about?
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member

Not every episode has to focus on them you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not every episode has to focus on them you know.

Never suggested it should
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had forgotten.:)
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member

I doubt that the storyline is over, but it wasn't mentioned at all in this episode. Tess wasn't in it at all. Fletch was, but only in quite a minor capacity. The episode mainly focussed on Dixie, Jeff, Rita and Big Mac.

Why are there so few comments this week? This seems quite unusual.
This discussion has been closed.