Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course if they are having a good time & enjoy each others company then why not spend time together but it's the fact he would like the public to believe he's met his perfect match & seemed to ram it down our throats on his TV show when imho there was absolutely zero chemistry between them.

I've said on 2 previous occasions that he is wise in planning for the future ie his coffee shops & any future investments so really to a point I am agreeing with you.
    As for comments I make about his music, I think he thought he was going to become some kind of mega star & couldn't actually believe that he wasn't selling out arena tours within minutes of tickets going on sale.
    If you are good musician, people will still pay money to see you regardless of age.

Well quite, and by his own admission he knows this and why he has made the investments he has and has said as much :confused:
    I'm not going to knock anyone for having dreams and aspirations - he's not harming anyone, they may have been quite fantastical, but it's a goal to aim for which he sounds more than aware is one he won't reach and has looked into other area's for future security.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    [/B]

Well quite, and by his own admission he knows this and why he has made the investments he has and has said as much :confused:
    I'm not going to knock anyone for having dreams and aspirations - he's not harming anyone, they may have been quite fantastical, but it's a goal to aim for which he sounds more than aware is one he won't reach and has looked into other area's for future security.

Well if he has realised his music isn't going to pay for the future, it's only just struck home because up until fairly recently (in fact I was still under the impression) that he was saying he believed he still had a hit album in him but as I also said I think deep down he knows this is never going to happen.

I'm unsure as to why you're :confused: I said weeks ago he was wise to invest his money & I reiterated it today.

Of course there is nothing wrong with people having dreams but personally speaking I just find it amusing that a 40 year old man is still dreaming of being a massive popstar, maybe if he was still in his early twenties & hoping to hit the big time, it wouldn't seem quite so ridiculous but to be fair if he hasn't made it by now, he's never going to.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a goal he's already reached as he sold out Wembley Arena in 1997 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peter-Andre-Just-Live-Wembley/dp/B00004R6W8 if anyone wants to relive the magic:)) He'll have to do something pretty amazing to repeat that by 2014 but people are still paying to see him - he had a 38 date national tour last year.
    Of course there is nothing wrong with people having dreams but personally speaking I just find it amusing that a 40 year old man is still dreaming of being a massive popstar, maybe if he was still in his early twenties & hoping to hit the big time, it wouldn't seem quite so ridiculous but to be fair if he hasn't made it by now, he's never going to.

He's toured with Madonna, Bobby Brown and Tina Turner and was the 6th highest selling UK solo artist in the 90's so he did hit the big time. Difficult to recreate that kind of success again but he's continuing to do what he enjoys.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter did PART of the Madonna Tour... He wasn't on all of it
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you sure Madonna was his warm up act Betty? :cool::):o Yes, I think she was. :);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    It's a goal he's already reached as he sold out Wembley Arena in 1997 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peter-Andre-Just-Live-Wembley/dp/B00004R6W8 if anyone wants to relive the magic:)) He'll have to do something pretty amazing to repeat that by 2014 but people are still paying to see him - he had a 38 date national tour last year.

He's toured with Madonna, Bobby Brown and Tina Turner and was the 6th highest selling UK solo artist in the 90's so he did hit the big time. Difficult to recreate that kind of success again but he's continuing to do what he enjoys.

I never knew that Sam. Very interesting.:)

There''s nothing wrong with having dreams I think. They're what keep some of us going. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Umm......o.k
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never knew that Sam. Very interesting.:)

There''s nothing wrong with having dreams I think. They're what keep some of us going. :)

Indeed. I'm dreaming right now that my daughter and her friends having 'pre drinks' downstairs would scoot off soon because I want a cuppa and some sleep because I have work in the morning :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. I'm dreaming right now that my daughter and her friends having 'pre drinks' downstairs would scoot off soon because I want a cuppa and some sleep because I have work in the morning :p

:D
    I find a good way to get the kids out from under your feet is to play some Barry Manilow (quite loud) or perhaps a little light folk music. Does wonders, and you have the house to yourself. ;):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find a good way to get the kids out from under your feet is to play some Barry Manilow (quite loud) or perhaps a little light folk music. Does wonders, and you have the house to yourself. ;):cool:

lol :D sadly I don't have that genre, in fact they are playing MY ipod right now:confused:... they have however invited me down stairs to partake in a few shots :eek: perish the thought.....perhaps I should call their bluff and join them in my PJ's except the squealing,the intoxicating stench of several strong perfumes and the fog of hairspray is waaaaaaaaaay too much of an assault on my senses. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Barry Manilow comment reminds me of my Aunty..she is a mad Manilow fan .when she lived with us she would drive us all nuts playing his stuff :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure Madonna was his warm up act Betty? :cool::):o Yes, I think she was. :);)

You are right Jimmy ..she warned the crowd up in the 8 Australia gigs she did for Peter ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Barry Manilow comment reminds me of my Aunty..she is a mad Manilow fan .when she lived with us she would drive us all nuts playing his stuff :D:D

I was just chuckling and thinking what the reaction would be if I blared 'Mysterious Girl' into the gathering :eek:
    Anyway they are ringing for a taxi -yay, so goodnight all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just chuckling and thinking what the reaction would be if I blared 'Mysterious Girl' into the gathering :eek:
    Anyway they are ringing for a taxi -yay, so goodnight all.

Your daughter might of disowned you if you had :D night Fifi x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol :D sadly I don't have that genre, in fact they are playing MY ipod right now:confused:... they have however invited me down stairs to partake in a few shots :eek: perish the thought.....perhaps I should call their bluff and join them in my PJ's except the squealing,the intoxicating stench of several strong perfumes and the fog of hairspray is waaaaaaaaaay too much of an assault on my senses. :p

lol :D Good night fifi, and I hope the intoxicating perfume doesn't keep you awake. It's not Unconditional pour femme is it? :cool:
    You are right Jimmy ..she warned the crowd up in the 8 Australia gigs she did for Peter ;)

Correct, Betty, correct. :cool: :) I thought it was very nice of him to allow her to do so really. It built up her fan base if nothing else. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, being stupid he said he wanted to play Wembley Stadium before the end of his career which is of course different to Wembley Arena so he hasn't fulfilled that ambition :o (yet :D) I still don't think it's fair to present him as a Walter Mitty character who's never had success and never will. His music career was at its peak in the 90's and realistically he's unlikely to have the same level of success again. But I think there's probably a lot of his contemporaries who would be happy to be still touring and getting gold & platinum sales at this stage. He's planning for the future by investing in other business ventures but as long as he enjoys writing and performing and his fans are prepared to pay for the results why should he stop?
    Forum Member

I appreciate even if he wasn't my cup of tea he was pretty big in the 90s but when 20 years later he's banging on about having another hit album, playing at Wembley etc I just feel embarrassed for him, he's had a few attempts at it, which didn't go quite according to plan so as you say, continue with what he's doing if he's enjoying it but give up on the hit album because imo it's never going to happen.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I appreciate even if he wasn't my cup of tea he was pretty big in the 90s but when 20 years later he's banging on about having another hit album, playing at Wembley etc I just feel embarrassed for him, he's had a few attempts at it, which didn't go quite according to plan so as you say, continue with what he's doing if he's enjoying it but give up on the hit album because imo it's never going to happen.

He's waiting for the call from Daft Punk :D
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, being stupid he said he wanted to play Wembley Stadium before the end of his career which is of course different to Wembley Arena so he hasn't fulfilled that ambition :o (yet :D) I still don't think it's fair to present him as a Walter Mitty character who's never had success and never will. His music career was at its peak in the 90's and realistically he's unlikely to have the same level of success again. But I think there's probably a lot of his contemporaries who would be happy to be still touring and getting gold & platinum sales at this stage. He's planning for the future by investing in other business ventures but as long as he enjoys writing and performing and his fans are prepared to pay for the results why should he stop?

I might be wrong as I didnt watch the Piers interview but from what was posted on the forum I think he said that he would like play Wembley wiithin 2 years (from the interview which must be over a year ago)....if he has also said that he wants to play before the end of his career does it mean that we have less than 2 years left of his music career?:D (sorry SS that question wasnt directed directly to you, its me thinking aloud:) )
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm quite shocked he sold so many records in the 90's as. lets be completely honest, most people could only name MG and probably think of him as a one hit wonder.

I agree there is nothing wrong with having dreams but I also think there comes a time when you have to admit defeat.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »

I can see him thinking 'if only Pharrell had called me and not Robin Thicke' ;)
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    :D Don't be giving the poor guy any more false hope, I think Claire Powell has done enough of that!
    cazzz wrote: »
    I might be wrong as I didnt watch the Piers interview but from what was posted on the forum I think he said that he would like play Wembley wiithin 2 years (from the interview which must be over a year ago)....if he has also said that he wants to play before the end of his career does it mean that we have less than 2 years left of his music career?:D (sorry SS that question wasnt directed directly to you, its me thinking aloud:) )

:D I know it's wrong to laugh at people but to be fair he does set himself up for it:o
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Don't be giving the poor guy any more false hope, I think Claire Powell has done enough of that!

:D I know it's wrong to laugh at people but to be fair he does set himself up for it:o

There is no end to his wanting, Downton, Home and Away etc....has he mentioned Astronaut, now that Biebier might go into space (as if!) has PA tried to get a free ride on Bransons mission, I bet he has part of the outfit in the back of the wardrobe:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't remember exactly what he said in the Piers interview but the type of quote in interviews around that time is "I’ll do Wembley Stadium one day. I think I can do it in the next two years and then I’ll hang my hat up." So I think it was Wembley rather than the 2 years that he was seeing as his curtain call. I agree it was a very silly thing to say out loud as it's set him up for a fall but he's said he likes to set himself goals and that if you don't think big you'll never get there. I can't see him giving up music as long as there's enough interest to continue but he should perhaps be less obsessed with having a big hit. Having his own label should give him the opportunity to experiment more and to work with the people he really wants to work with. But the less he talks about it the better as I agree he gets himself into trouble :)
    Forum Member
    There is no end to his wanting, Downton, Home and Away etc....has he mentioned Astronaut, now that Biebier might go into space (as if!) has PA tried to get a free ride on Bransons mission, I bet he has part of the outfit in the back of the wardrobe:eek:

Brilliant!:D:D
This discussion has been closed.