The Return of "Gog".

ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
Forum Member
✭✭
3D Film Archive has announced that this 1954 3D SF movie, long thought to be lost in its 3D format, is to be restored and released on Blu-Ray later this year. Yay!

Comments

• Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hee hee... more classic 3d for me....
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hee hee... more classic 3d for me....

The more the merrier.
    If only someone would light a fire under Universal and get them to release a 3D Blu-Ray of "It Came From Outer Space". They have all the material and cost of doing it would probably be petty cash for them but they'd rather keep it locked away. They don't even bother replying to e-mails about it.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Universal treat their catalogue like shit. They have a 50s SF classic to rival Forbidden Planet, This Island Earth that's received only the most perfunctory release on DVD.

It Came From Outer Space is a far more worthy candidate for an SE release than Gog.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Universal treat their catalogue like shit. They have a 50s SF classic to rival Forbidden Planet, This Island Earth that's received only the most perfunctory release on DVD.

It Came From Outer Space is a far more worthy candidate for an SE release than Gog.

I agree but "Gog" is the one that's available. It's no masterpiece but it's fun.
    "It Came from Outer Space" is one of the handful of movies which has the rare combination of good movie + good 3D.
    Herbert Strock was thrilled when the missing view was recovered and he finally got to see an earlier restoration. Sadly, he died soon afterwards.
    According to 3D Film Archive, the current restoration will be far better than the previous one.