dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her and have a soft spot for her, she is doing well
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie Wallace is a very good acctress but the whole of EE female cast is better then the one that plays Alicia

Mavis - this is exactly the reason why most ED fans stick to chatting on the ep threads, the ED Discussion thread and the ED P&P thread. They don't have to read childish, transparently baiting crap of this ilk on there. :)
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    I've always loved Natalie as an actress and this storyline is just making me love her more.

She is amazing. end of.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    oh and it would be nice to have a thread that's not constantly derailed by "EE is better" malarkey. thanks.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Mavis - this is exactly the reason why most ED fans stick to chatting on the ep threads, the ED Discussion thread and the ED P&P thread. They don't have to read childish, transparently baiting crap of this ilk on there. :)

I think it's very unfair to just pick on that poster, when masterquan's posts have been just as bad. And I'm an ED fan but to say those ED threads are free of "childish, transparently baiting crap" makes me laugh as the reason I can't go in those threads, and because of it rarely discuss ED on here, is because when I used to go on those threads I saw childish little digs at other soaps and its fans (with NTA week being the last straw.)

Also, this is the reason when I commented earlier that while I think Natalie Anderson is a great actress there are others I'd put ahead of her, I didn't even consider naming those because I knew it would cause ridicule because they're actresses in another soap.
  • Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked Natalie and she's really impressing me in this storyline. I think she'll at least make the shortlist at BSA but I'll be surprised if she wins. It all depends on who votes, I suppose.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's very unfair to just pick on that poster, when masterquan's posts have been just as bad. And I'm an ED fan but to say those ED threads are free of "childish, transparently baiting crap" makes me laugh as the reason I can't go in those threads, and because of it rarely discuss ED on here, is because when I used to go on those threads I saw childish little digs at other soaps and its fans (with NTA week being the last straw.)

Also, this is the reason when I commented earlier that while I think Natalie Anderson is a great actress there are others I'd put ahead of her, I didn't even consider naming those because I knew it would cause ridicule because they're actresses in another soap.
    BiB : That's why I said 'of this ilk' - I had to pick one, but could have picked several of the same ilk.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I think Natalie has done a fantastic job with a difficult storyline. I'm not sure she'd win an award though. I do like her but I think other actresses are just as good.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Luxray wrote: »
    I've always liked Natalie and she's really impressing me in this storyline. I think she'll at least make the shortlist at BSA but I'll be surprised if she wins. It all depends on who votes, I suppose.

Let's be honest, ED never win diddly squat at the awards, because it just doesn't have the right number of online voters. But it would be great to see Natalie nominated, because other than Verity Rushworth as Donna, she's been the stand-out female performance on ED this year. At least a nomination is a bit of love and respect going her way.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was lovely that Lisa came to see her today
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I don't think Natalie's all that great overall. She's good in this storyline but overall I'd say she's about average.

She has done very well recently. It proves that most of them can do very well if given the right material.
    Jessie Wallace is a very good acctress but the whole of EE female cast is better then the one that plays Alicia

You just cannot be serious
  • Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's brilliant. So natural, so heartbreaking to watch her.
  • Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I agree, she's been a bit of a revelation I think. Maybe it is just the actress herself but I find her very endearing.
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really can't imagine Jessie Wallace with this type of story and playing it as subtly as what Natalie Anderson is doing. In fact, nobody within the EastEnders cast springs to mind as being able to play it that way for me. But that may be down to the style of writing for the show and the characters rather than the individual actresses. I generally feel that the writing for the show tends to limit the actors a lot of the time so as a result, I never find out what they're probably capable of.
    dd68 wrote: »
    I thought it was lovely that Lisa came to see her today

Agree with this! It was a nice little reprieve from the mouthy fishwife Lisa we've been getting a lot of recently. Hope they have more scenes together because it reminded me of why I cared so much when Lisa got raped a few years back and it was nice that they acknowledged it.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeh Natalie is good, but Kellie Bright desrves ths Prize at Soap awards
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

You think im Baiting? I watch both soaps and im very much entitled to my own opinion
  • Options
    tobykimtobykim Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's really playing het part well, which is more than can be said for Louise Marwood
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member

Hey I didn't begin the sniping by saying she's an ok actress and there are much more deserving actresses.

I wouldn't bother In most cases but that remark or 'adequate at best' is so insulting to the effort and performance of the actress. she isn't going to recieve recognition at the awards show so she should at least get the credit she deserves here.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natalie has been brilliant. I think it could be Natalie vs. Kellie (Bright) for the Best Actress award.

I'd also like to see Matthew Wolfenden in the mix for Best Actor. He's long been a favourite of mine and I think he's been under the radar for too long. However, this past week has shown what he can do when given heavy scenes to film, and I think he's been brilliant. He plays understated very well - David doesn't need to shout and hit Lachlan to show how devastated he is for Alicia.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She deserves some recognition, but she'll never win at the soap awards. The EE fans will (and always have done) troll the votes to win.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She deserves some recognition, but she'll never win at the soap awards. The EE fans will (and always have done) troll the votes to win.

Hahahaha are you serious? The last 3 years EE hardly wom anything at the BSA
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

"Troll the votes" or vote for who they think is the best just like fans of Emmerdale and other soaps do. There are a lot of things wrong with this forum, a lot, but I think these little digs at EE fans annoy me the most.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Natalie is playing the part of Alicia, who has been assaulted, very well. A range of emotions, from being angry, to doubting herself, wondering if she was in any way to blame. The scene with her screen son, Jacob, was especially good. I would vote for her if she was up for an award.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always thought Alicia was good and Im proved right
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of the character but Natalie has been wonderful. She's made me feel for Alicia enormously despite not being a fan.