The Who

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
They should have a story where the Doctor and Clara go back in time to a concert of The Who in the 1970s, so you could have lots of Who jokes.

Comments

• JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the Doctor will get up on stage with them to sing "My Re-Generation"? ;-)
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could do something funny with a character called Doctor Hoo.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course belting this tune out :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dlN55SoF4Q#t=0m24s
    Can you see the real me, Doctor! Doctor!
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame Boris the Spider couldn't have made a brief cameo in Kill The Moon.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    They should have a story where the Doctor and Clara go back in time to a concert of The Who in the 1970s, so you could have lots of Who jokes.

Bit of a come-down after a personal appearance buy the Beatles in their actual prime.

All the surviving members of The Who (both of them) are geriatric now. It would be embarrassing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a come-down after a personal appearance buy the Beatles in their actual prime.

All the surviving members of The Who (both of them) are geriatric now. It would be embarrassing.

Personal appearance? I missed that episode!

At least we actually got the legendary McFly appearing properly in the series 3 finale, in the same sequence as the marvellous Ms Widdecombe. Ahhh....great stuff.

(or was it Busted?)
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The CGI de-aging of Alice Cooper looked pretty realistic in Dark Shadows. However, it would be a huge undertaking for the sake of a cameo which would only appeal to a small section of the Doctor Who audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS Nowt against McFly actually! Widdecombe was an, um, 'interesting' choice for a cameo. The 'marvellous' was heavy sarcasm. Not big or clever. Sorry. Wasn't she a supporter of Clause 28 and all that?
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    Personal appearance? I missed that episode!

"The Chase", I think, in the Hartnell era - though no doubt somebody will put me right if it wasn't :)
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    "The Chase", I think, in the Hartnell era - though no doubt somebody will put me right if it wasn't :)

Well it was a clip used from Top of the Pops. They were going to film a proper cameo but it was stopped. The episode of TotP it is from is now missing and this is the only surviving clip. Ironic in a period when so much DW is missing..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davads wrote: »

It was, but I don't count that as a personal appearance cos the clip wasn't filmed for Who. Like ELO and Elton John didn't make a personal appearance in Love and Monsters. ;-)

What a pedantic git I can be. :kitty:

ETA Beaten to it by koquillion!
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Bit of trivia. The Doctor does have a Who connection - Arthur Darvill played Keith Moon in a radio drama http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017x3pl
    I can just picture Moonie trashing the TARDIS and then "parking" it in a swimming pool :)
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Whooooooooooooo are you, who who, who who" ....
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Bit of trivia. The Doctor does have a Who connection - Arthur Darvill played Keith Moon in a radio drama http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017x3pl
    I can just picture Moonie trashing the TARDIS and then "parking" it in a swimming pool :)

Must be going senile to miss the other connection - Sean Pertwee as Ollie Reed in the same drama.