Could Stephen Kinnock be the next Labour PM ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
That would be in 2025. He is much better spoken than his windbag father and you pay attention to what he is saying when he speaks.

Comments

• Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Well he is an alledgedl tax avoider in Denmark so Labour would probably love him.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume the OP has given up on 2020. I've never heard of him and it is 10 years away, so perhaps the OP should ask Mystic Meg.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    That would be in 2025. He is much better spoken than his windbag father and you pay attention to what he is saying when he speaks.

Maybe the leadership election will be between Stephen Kinnock, Will Straw and one of the Blair offspring. New Labour: The Next Generation.

There are also several younger Benns floating around too for the left to pin their hopes on.
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Maybe the leadership election will be between Stephen Kinnock, Will Straw and one of the Blair offspring. New Labour: The Next Generation.

There are also several younger Benns floating around too for the left to pin their hopes on.

have a feeling Straw juniors and Blair juniors paters may have scuppered any chance of a political career ...for different reasons. ...one reason may be brand new :D
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mail and Telegraph will have a fun day with the Next Gen Kinnock.
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Bald men don't win elections.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    I assume the OP has given up on 2020. I've never heard of him and it is 10 years away, so perhaps the OP should ask Mystic Meg.

Well after watching Andrew Neil grill the Labour leadership contenders I think a Labour win in 2020 may be a little bit optimistic.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Angela Eagle is my prediction, in 2025.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    If we still have a Tory government by then I'm definitely leaving the country.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »

I certainly hope now. She's the most humourless, miserable and depressive MP around. Every time I hear her speak it's like her pet cat as just died.

Stella Creasy is my one to watch. It might be to her advantage in the long term if she doesn't win the deputy leadership election.
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    If we still have a Tory government by then I'm definitely leaving the country.

Why wait 10 years to leave if its that bad ?
  • GormagonGormagon Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Future who knows, next? not a hope in hell.
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was good on QT...
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope not. He epitomises the nepotism culture that "is in Labour's DNA" (paraphrased but (C) Rt Hon James G. Brown MP)

See also: Will Straw, Jack "Mr. Harriet Harman" Dromey (the first man to reach the top of an all-woman shortlist for a safe seat), John Prescott's son (though he didn't get a safe seat)
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I certainly hope now. She's the most humourless, miserable and depressive MP around. Every time I hear her speak it's like her pet cat as just died.

Stella Creasy is my one to watch. It might be to her advantage in the long term if she doesn't win the deputy leadership election.

Eagle personifies dreariness.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    If he does become PM then Robert Webb is a shoe-in to play him in a biopic.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well after watching Andrew Neil grill the Labour leadership contenders I think a Labour win in 2020 may be a little bit optimistic.

This is an intelligent assessment of the candidates and explains exactly why Jeremy Corbyn is currently providing the official opposition. (I cannot agree or disagree about the 2020 GE as it is not clear to me who will contest that Election)

Cooper and Burnham were dire (Cooper was a massive disappointment. WTF happened? Is she ill? Is she depressed? Has she ever believed in anything?). So Dire that it was unthinkable that either of them could oppose Cameron. Or anybody.
  • mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the other three just got swept away by the tide of Corbyn mania.

They just didn't bring it and allowed Corbyn in by default.
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    hatpeg wrote: »
    No.
    Bald men don't win elections.

:confused::confused: Winston Churchill, Clement Atlee, Harold Wilson
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "He is much better spoken..."

The only credential required to be PM these days.
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    TUC wrote: »
    :confused::confused: Winston Churchill, Clement Atlee, Harold Wilson

They were before television became multichannel. Being telegenic is essential post Thatcher. She was the first to undergo image-making. Unfortunately, since then it seems only the better-looking leaders become PM.

France is still an exception and Hollande may be the last President with hair loss.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,572
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »

They have half a dozen good choices from the soft left to right for 2020 or 2025.

Their problem isn't lack of better candidates. Its that they have a ridiculous leader now , plus nonsense policies the PLP won't support, and and no obvious way to get rid of him. They can't go on with an incredible leader , nonsense policies and shadow ministers contradicting everything the leader says. but its very difficult to see how they get rid of him when he's backed by an army of Trotskyite infiltrators, anarchists, old labour relics, and gullible young apolitical newcomers. Logic says he has to go and can't survive - but the maths and rule book may make that very difficult.

They also have the problem they had this time - too many candidates will want to stand,and ,as 2020 is a lost cause, some of the best may prefer to wait and preserve their big chance for 2025.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He sounds good, talks sense and looks like Putin.
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Well he is an alledgedl tax avoider in Denmark so Labour would probably love him.

No doubt well briefed by dad on the advantages of the Westminster gravy train today.
    Tomorrow the EU, in fathers footsteps leading to more loads and loads of money !
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,546
    Forum Member
    Could be. I was quite impressed by him on QT, and his wife, the former Danish PM, can give him lots of advice about handling the top job!