Those in chronic pain

Comments

• Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure is, I prefer to fly though

I go by ferry myself. Then I have to find a path to the museums that doesnt go past the depressing sight of women selling themselves, and the awful smell of pot....
  • liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you ever get restless?

If so what do you do about it?

Please inform us of the history, in full, of all your aches and pains.
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go by ferry myself. Then I have to find a path to the museums that doesnt go past the depressing sight of women selling themselves, and the awful smell of pot....

I'm not a fan of the tramps in the windows either, it's disgusting.

I prefer the weed than the museums though
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liftmaster wrote: »
    Please inform us of the history, in full, of all your aches and pains.

*Gathers together lynching squad*
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Play nice....;)
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Standing on your tippy toes is supposed to help that one pass quickly. Allegedly :blush:

This stops it going too far in, i suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    This stops it going too far in, i suppose.

:o Good lord.
    And it's not even Friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe :D
  • WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been suffering from iliopsoas bursitis/tendonitis for the last few weeks and 'restless' is an understatement. It's been driving me up the f***ing wall! :mad: I took the example of the armed forces, who treat it with HI-RICE, and dosed myself up on ibuprofen before I went to bed. It helped a lot.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Cannibus
    Is that the bus to Amsterdam?....

Nee pet, it's the one to Tyneside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nee pet, it's the one to Tyneside.

Ba-dum-bum tsshh... :D
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not as bad as the acute pulsing twinges I occasionally get right inside my anus...

The technical term for that is 'shooty arse'
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Make my husband's life a misery!!

Seriously, I try as much as possible to take my mind off it by reading threads on here, and just trying desperately to forget about it, which can be impossible when it feels like a knife is cutting part of my thigh, and then stabbing it and the loss of sensation and pins and needles in my feet.

I shall be talking to my doctor about a repeat MRI and possibly surgery.

Hope your pain is better soon xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    The technical term for that is 'shooty arse'

I thought it was 'Eeeeyouch' with a face like :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Why are users trying to get the thread moved but not giving advice and why are others teasing the OP?
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Men wrote: »
    Why are users trying to get the thread moved but not giving advice and why are others teasing the OP?

because they do it with every thread the OP starts,presumably because their parents have left them unattended again and they are bored
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    because they do it with every thread the OP starts,presumably because their parents have left them unattended again and they are bored

There is a few like that. I'm now just ignoring them.
  • HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Google the OPs other username (tinktinktinkerbell) and things will become clear. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google the OPs other username (tinktinktinkerbell) and things will become clear. ;)

That's quite an online footprint! She straddle's the world wide web like a mighty colossus, leaving no forum untouched.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sorry but whats that got to do with anything other than showing that people have absolutely no compassion at all.

maybe if people showed a little kindness or compassion to others it would tell another story.

has anyone actually considered the OP might be lonely, lacking people to talk to and maybe has low self esteem and these posters with their banter (bullying) are making her feel worse about herself.

the site employ moderators so that the members do not have to do it themselves and if they see any issue they should click the alert button not post about it all over someone thread cos they think they are something they are not and haven't bothered reading the rules
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    sorry but whats that got to do with anything other than showing that people have absolutely no compassion at all.

maybe if people showed a little kindness or compassion to others it would tell another story.

has anyone actually considered the OP might be lonely, lacking people to talk to and maybe has low self esteem and these posters with their banter (bullying) are making her feel worse about herself.

the site employ moderators so that the members do not have to do it themselves and if they see any issue they should click the alert button not post about it all over someone thread cos they think they are something they are not and haven't bothered reading the rules

Further to that her other username has NOTHING to do with DS forums. What horrible users some of you are today.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Further to that her other username has NOTHING to do with DS forums. What horrible users some of you are today.

Oh give over. She's a prolific troll who's been banned from multiple forums for various reasons, mostly because of her made-up stories (e.g. she was posting in a fitness forum asking for tips about weight training while simultaneously asking members in another forum for advice about her crippling, chronic HMS she was suffering from).

She exists in the interweb purely to satisfy her desire for attention, whether it's good, bad or indifferent. If people are talking about Tinks/EH then she's happy.

So go on, knock yourself out - give her advice that will never be listened to either because she's not really interested in helping herself or because her ailments don't actually exist.

(InB4 "You're wrong / Yes I do / No I don't")
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's quite an online footprint! She straddle's the world wide web like a mighty colossus, leaving no forum untouched.

Wordsworth and Keats have nothing on you!!! :D:D:D
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh give over. She's a prolific troll who's been banned from multiple forums for various reasons, mostly because of her made-up stories (e.g. she was posting in a fitness forum asking for tips about weight training while simultaneously asking members in another forum for advice about her crippling, chronic HMS she was suffering from).

She exists in the interweb purely to satisfy her desire for attention, whether it's good, bad or indifferent. If people are talking about Tinks/EH then she's happy.

So go on, knock yourself out - give her advice that will never be listened to either because she's not really interested in helping herself or because her ailments don't actually exist.

(InB4 "You're wrong / Yes I do / No I don't")

Now I feel so stupid by posting about my genuine pain and my way of dealing with it.

*slaps head* should've checked who started the thread, rookie mistake!
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worse places is they inside the top of my thigh, and radiates right through my groin area.

I used to get recurring pain around there for months. What I found that helps is making a conscious attempt to correct poor posture and body alignment, and to stretch more. Don't slouch in your chair when sitting. Stand with your hips and back straight up. Make sure your toes are pointed straight forward and not splayed outward, both when standing still and when walking. Stretch out leg and core muscles, particularly after exercise. Muscles that are too short and tight from lack of flexibility or stressed in the wrong areas by poor posture can lead to pain like you describe.

Try it for a while and see if you get the pain less often. If it doesn't help, then it was worth a try, but if does then you know to keep it up.