Options

Paul O'Grady

malspiemalspie Posts: 768
Forum Member
✭✭
So sad that the Paul O'Grady show is ending this week. Will miss him. Every cloud has a silver lining though - we'll see the back of Joyce!

Comments

• Options
    nikki1nikki1 Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a show tonight...Will Young and Gino x
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will singing Evergreen was absolutely fantastic. What a singer he is!
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I will be sad on Friday at the end of Paul's show. I will however Sky plus it and keep it on my hard drive.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,773
    Forum Member
    Did anybody notice that half of the kiddies in that choir ran away from the mechanical polar bear? Bless.:D
  • Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    I'm going to miss POG after work, and Terry on the way:(

Sometimes the show can be a bit dire, but loved it tonight. The kids were somewhat under-rehearsed, :), but Will Young showed once again, what an amazing live singer he is. His pianist was great too. The King of the Jungle was fun too.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    friday will be so sad, i love Paul O'Grady, i look forward to his show everyday:cry:
    i have heard he is going back to itv and will have a one late night show each week starting in August----that's a long time to wait for my POG fix!!:eek:
    but there is his radio show on the ''wireless'' on Sunday,so that's a cosolation:D
    Chris.
  • Options
    JonnyCoolJonnyCool Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Young was awesome today!! Found the performance on YouTube - worth a listen/watch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOLyr9qvpIc

Will miss Paul O Grady as its usually an easy way to start an evening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Will Young's, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!
  • Options
    AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll be having a party on friday to celebrate the end of this pile of crap.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AppleTango wrote: »
    We'll be having a party on friday to celebrate the end of this pile of crap.
    Speak for yourself - I enjoy it, especially when he has guests of the calibre of today's.:D
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it just moving channels as opposed to ending?
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Speak for yourself - I enjoy it, especially when he has guests of the calibre of today's.:D

Paul is so funny it doesn't matter who the guests are, in fact the my favourite part of the show is part 1 where he is on his own with Olga or Bullseye. I would love to see him doing stand up in 'An Audience With' sort of programme. Having said that though he is lovely with all his guests unlike Jonthan Ross, who can be quite insulting at times.
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    Did anybody notice that half of the kiddies in that choir ran away from the mechanical polar bear? Bless.:D

haha..yes...but then they got brave and run back to stroke it..cute
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »

His ITV show will be weekly not daily..and at peak time so guess the language will be fruity and not suitable for the kids
  • Options
    stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »

Is it?... I thought he had finished for good.
  • Options
    Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonnyCool wrote: »
    Will Young was awesome today!! Found the performance on YouTube - worth a listen/watch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOLyr9qvpIc

Will miss Paul O Grady as its usually an easy way to start an evening.

Missed it last night (stuck in traffic and didn't have time for C4+1) many thanks.

That was actually amazing. I loved the stripped back version and Will sang it with so much emotion. Is there a version like that available anywhere?
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the show not repeated in the ITV Player?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Is the show not repeated in the ITV Player?

Dont you mean 4oD?
  • Options
    MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed it last night (stuck in traffic and didn't have time for C4+1) many thanks.

That was actually amazing. I loved the stripped back version and Will sang it with so much emotion. Is there a version like that available anywhere?

Unfortunately not.
    Will's a great live singer and tends to do a slightly different interpretation with each performance, as the mood and the emotion of the moment takes him I think. :)
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'm honest I've never found POG remotely funny. All he seems to do is pull faces and moan. His show ends up looking a bit slapstick in the few times I've tuned in.

He always seems to have the same guests too (normally his mates!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all of this week's shows should have been done live. As it is, the 'final' show has already been recorded (12:30 today), so tonight's live show is actually the final final show. :(

I wonder how they're going to do today's show then, seeing as they're packing up forever at 6pm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh hang on, just seen the ad. Unusually today's is recorded! All the final three episodes must be pre-records then?
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I also thought that his show would have been live all this week and I am sorely disappointed to find that not only will his final show on Friday be recorded but todays show which is normally live is recorded as well. :eek::(

I was going to Sky plus Fridays show and keep it but I don't think I will bother now. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the big robot thing was back on today. Wonder how long it'll be before we get someone posting "Waddaya mean, it was only a guy in a suit?"
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they have switched around the live and recorded shows this week so Friday's last show is the last one he will do, rather than it being Wednesday's show like normally

i.e
    Monday 5.00 - Monday live
    Tuesday Daytime - Wednesday recorded
    Tuesday 5.00 - Tuesday live
    Wednesday Daytime - Thursday recorded
    Wednesday 5.00 - Friday recorded

Probably why the panto was moved to Monday as well