Finished watching The Wire - what next?

DahuDahu Posts: 362
Forum Member
Missed it first time around so got the box set and watched it over the last 3 months. Excellent stuff.

So what next? Haven't watched a lot of tv over the last decade so what have I missed out on? I did see the early series of 24, and most of Lost, but nothing else of this sort of thing.

Comments

• bostin_austinbostin_austin Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter is very good to watch. We are now on series 6 on FX, has been excellent viewing thoughout from the beginning.
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    The Sopranos
    Deadwood
    Breaking Bad
    Mad Men
    Game of Thrones

All other answers (except maybe West Wing, which I haven't seen yet) are incorrect.

EDIT: Also, Generation Kill. Miniseries from the guys behind The Wire.
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    For me, the only show that has been as good as The Wire (if not better!) is Breaking Bad. Seasons 1 to 3 are currently on Netflix UK.

Very highly recommended.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    You might want to ask on the US forum. But The Shield sounds right up your street.
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    I'll second The Shield - also recommend 'Southland'.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It got silly towards the end, but I really enjoyed Prison Break. I watched the first two series (44 episodes) in a week.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The West Wing.

Best programme ever.......
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jo2015 wrote: »
    I'll second The Shield - also recommend 'Southland'.

The Shield is quite simply the best show ever. Just started watching Southland and I'm impressed.

A bit older but in the same vein 'Homicide- Life On The Streets'- The first 5 series are extraordinary.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    House, Game of Thrones, Curb your enthusiasm.
  • belfastbobbybelfastbobby Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Start watching it again I did, and was amazed how much I missed or didnt pick up on......The Pacific is good but nothing compares to the Wire.
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 13,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brooklyn South.. Brilliant show which was cut after series one... was one of worst moments ever when i found that out when I was about 10 episodes in !!
  • livininadavelivininadave Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    another vote for The Shield. Then Homeland
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet another vote for The Shield! :D:cool: With the possible excpetion of the conclusion of Series 6, sheer genius all the way and definitely the best cop show EVER.

Gotta vote for Mad Men, too ... :cool:
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Deadwood.