Balotelli Red Cards

shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,856
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I see Balotelli has been sent off again. I was wondering how many times that is now this season. I believe its 4 times. So does that mean he'll miss 4 or more games now.

Also City fans can you tell me if you want him to stay with you next season or not. Do you think he is just young and still learning or is that deemed no excuse.

Comments

• richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twitter rumour
    Des Kelly on TalkSPORT has said there's rumours Balotelli has been chinned.
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Three times in the league. That's a minimum five-game ban now, but the FA may decide to take retrospective action over the tackle Atkinson missed and increase his ban further.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three times in the league. That's a minimum five-game ban now, but the FA may decide to take retrospective action over the tackle Atkinson missed and increase his ban further.

In which case his season could be over.

I didn't see the incident myself, but I've heard it was deserving a red card.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    He's trouble.

City should bin him and Mancini in summer.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roberto Mancini has admitted Manchester City will 'probably' try to sell Mario Balotelli this summer following the striker's dismissal during the club's defeat to Arsenal on Sunday.

The 21-year-old has become a figure of frustration at the Etihad Stadium as despite his undoubted talent his discipline both on and off the field has often let down his manager and his team-mates at City.

This had led reports of his exit from the club in the summer as Mancini was said to have finally lost patience with the Italian striker.

When asked if City plan to sell Balotelli at the end of the season, Mancini told reporters: "Probably".

Oh dear.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Busy transfer window for City in the summer by the looks of it then.
  • Flagg613Flagg613 Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we should take anything Mancini says with a pinch of salt. Today he says he may sell him, tomorrow is a different matter. Remember this was the same Mancini who said Tevez would never play for City again.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Everyone and their dog could see that Balotelli was inevitably going to get sent off and should have been subbed long before that, but Man-kini persisted.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Oh dear.

Mancini knew what he was like before he signed him. Maybe he thought he could finally control him.

I dont think any manager can to be honest.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wario is for the high jump apparently.

According to Mr Mancini, Wario will never play for City again!

Then again, Carlos Tevez was never going to play for City again either!
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    I wonder will Ferguson tell MCFC they should sell him - as he thought was acceptable to do with LFC and Suarez.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    I wonder will Ferguson tell MCFC they should sell him - as he thought was acceptable to do with LFC and Suarez.

doesnt need to, mancini has already said that for him :D
  • dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that class and he has to do silly things.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mancini has a brain.
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    What are the odds that Ferguson might try to buy him?!:p
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone can control him Fergie can :p
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet if he does go he will become a world superstar alas messi and rooney
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet if he does go he will become a world superstar alas messi and rooney

Messi?:eek:

He's not that good.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    completely different type of player to messi, the best balotelli can hope to be is another van persie, but frankly is no where near van persies class.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    completely different type of player to messi, the best balotelli can hope to be is another van persie, but frankly is no where near van persies class.

Absolutely right.

RvP is a class act, as well as being a brilliant footballer.

I cannot say the same for Wario Balotelli.
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fixated doesn't even cover it with you. Tell me how this situation is similar ? Even remotely similar ?

Most people have moved on from the Suarez saga. Not you evidently.
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely right.

RvP is a class act, as well as being a brilliant footballer.

I cannot say the same for Wario Balotelli.

Van Persie joined Dutch side SBV Excelsior's youth squad at the age of 14 years, but left at the age of 15 due to the relationship with the coach (Jamie Mcculloch) and his mother, and thus signed for Feyenoord.[20] He was quickly promoted into the first team due to injury problems among the squad, and made his debut for the club at 17, which was the first of 15 total starts. He received the KNVB Best Young Talent award at the end of the 2001–02 season. He signed a professional three-and-a-half year contract with Feyenoord in the following season, and scored five goals in a 6–1 Amstel Cup thrashing of AGOVV on 6 February 2003. However, clashes with manager Bert van Marwijk saw Van Persie demoted to the reserve squad, and an irate van Marwijk told reporters, "His behaviour made it impossible for him to remain in the squad any longer so he will join the reserve side for the time being."[21] During a match featuring the Feyenoord and Ajax reserves, he was one of several Feyenoord players assaulted by hooligans who had invaded the pitch.[20] Van Persie's rift with van Marwijk continued when he was sent home on the eve of the 2002 UEFA Super Cup final against Real Madrid after the coach was displeased with Van Persie's body language after being asked to warm up for a Champions League qualifier.[22] Van Persie finished his tumultuous debut season on the first team, making a total of 28 appearances and scoring eight goals, in addition to finishing runner-up in the KNVB Cup.

Feyenoord unsuccessfully attempted to extend Van Persie's contract during the off-season, and his deteriorating relationship with van Marwijk led to his spending most of the 2003–04 season on the bench. He again played 28 matches, but finished with two fewer goals than the previous season. Feyenoord shopped him at the end of the campaign but found few takers due to Van Persie's past disciplinary issues. During the January transfer window, the Eredivisie club opened negotiations with Arsenal, who were seeking a long-term replacement for aging veteran Dennis Bergkamp, but both parties could not agree to terms.
    2004–05
    On 17 May 2004, Van Persie signed a four-year deal with Arsenal for £2.75 million, just over half of Feyenoord's original asking price of £5 million.[23] Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, who planned to convert Van Persie from a left winger to a center forward as he had successfully done with star player Thierry Henry,[24] said of his new acquisition, "He can play on the left side of midfield, as a creative player behind the main strikers or as a target man."[25] Arsenal had further padded their stable of strikers in January by signing Spanish forward José Antonio Reyes,[26] leaving the two to battle for playing time. Van Persie made his debut and won a trophy in the process, as he came on as a substitute in the 3–1 FA Community Shield victory over Manchester United on 8 August 2004. Van Persie spent most of his time on the bench during earlier parts of the 2004–05 season, and made his competitive debut on 27 October by scoring Arsenal's opening goal in a 2–1 League Cup win over Manchester City. He was sent off for the first time, however, in an Arsenal shirt on 26 February during a 1–1 road draw with Southampton, following a lunge at left back Graeme Le Saux, for which Wenger was seen yelling an obscenity at Van Persie from the sidelines. He then later lambasted his charge in the press. "I do not support Van Persie today, but he did not look out of control at half-time."

When the referee has sent off a home player, he is under pressure, so, if any player had to behave, it was him." Meanwhile, Telegraph sportswriter Clive White described Van Persie in his match report as "21 going on nine."

Just copy and pasted from wiki.

As much as I love RVP he wasn't a saint when he was younger.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's difficult as there's a talented footballer in there somewhere - it's not dissimilar to Cantona's time at United. He was often a ticking time bomb (six reds in 18 months or so?) but his ability demanded he was not thrown out of the club as would have happened with less pivotal players I'm sure.

Cantona's absence for the end of the 1994/1995 season through indiscipline probably was the difference between United winning the Double and, as it turned out, losing out in both the league and the FA Cup. Who's to know.

Someone will take another chance with Balotelli as there's a slim chance he'll mature and such incidents will be less commonplace. However, I somehow doubt he'll change too much and that's a real shame as his career/life is seemingly only heading one way.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fab Cesc makes a really good point about RVP who was also a git in his younger years. I can recall one particularly stupid sending off at Southampton where I felt Wenger had lost control of him. He's always been a very skillfull player as is Balotelli but someone needs to get inside his head or he'll end up wasting his talent.
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Ian Kane wrote: »
    Fixated doesn't even cover it with you. Tell me how this situation is similar ? Even remotely similar ?

Most people have moved on from the Suarez saga. Not you evidently.

What does 'move on' mean? - if it means accepting that it was a fair decision no i have not moved on, if it means discussing it further yes i have moved on.

But the point here is not about whether what happened with Suarez was right or wrong it is about the acceptability of the MUFC manager telling another club who they should or should not sell - imo that was clearly totally out of order.

As Ballotelli is a high profile player from one of MUFCs rivals (as Suarez is) I wonder if Ferguson would once again see it as his place to give his opinion?

As has been pointed out as Mancini has said what he has said, it is unlikely but if he hadn't done would Ferguson have intervened? - I would not have put it past him as he likes such 'mind games' although mind games is not the term i would use.