Options

How much would you pay for Basic subscription with some HD?

braychurchmousebraychurchmouse Posts: 310
Forum Member
Using FSFS with card to get FTV channels ....Angry at Channel 5 move from FTV to HD subscription only. Sent complaint to C5, but just got holding reply.

I can't justify full SKY HD subscription just to get a few SD FTA channels in HD. I have no interest in any of the main subscription channels but would be prepared to pay a small sub to get the HD versions of the SD FTA channels. eg ITV2-4 HD, Film 4 HD etc. (yes I already get BBC1,2, ITV, C4 in HD)

Just had an online chat with Sky and have a "today only" offer of £14 pm for "Basic Pack" (normally £22.50 and presumably another £5 for HD?) on 12 month contract incuding installation and an HD+ box.

I was thinking more on the lines of £5 as already have box and dish set up.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using FSFS with card to get FTV channels ....Angry at Channel 5 move from FTV to HD subscription only. Sent complaint to C5, but just got holding reply.

I can't justify full SKY HD subscription just to get a few SD FTA channels in HD. I have no interest in any of the main subscription channels but would be prepared to pay a small sub to get the HD versions of the SD FTA channels. eg ITV2-4 HD, Film 4 HD etc. (yes I already get BBC1,2, ITV, C4 in HD)

Just had an online chat with Sky and have a "today only" offer of £14 pm for "Basic Pack" (normally £22.50 and presumably another £5 for HD?) on 12 month contract incuding installation and an HD+ box.

I pay £24.50 a month for movies + sports + HD

This was negotiated by asking to cancel, which I do every 12 months. Sky keep throwing deals at me to stay.

I don't think I would ever pay more than £20 a month to Sky for a basic package or £30 a month for a premium package.

Some people are happy to pay Sky £50 a month +, I am just too mean to part with all that cash :)
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    I pay £24.50 a month for movies + sports + HD

This was negotiated by asking to cancel, which I do every 12 months. Sky keep throwing deals at me to stay.

I don't think I would ever pay more than £20 a month to Sky for a basic package or £30 a month for a premium package.

Some people are happy to pay Sky £50 a month +, I am just too mean to part with all that cash :)

How long have you been doing this?
    surely they'll twig one day!
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well the "basic pack" doesn't include any HD channels aside from the FTA ones so that'd be a waste of time. You can't add HD channels as a separate pack any more, you have to get Entertainment Extra+ (standard price is £32pm).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »
    How long have you been doing this?
    surely they'll twig one day!

Well over 5 years
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1050716

Even when they have cancelled my subscription, I get leaflets through the post offering half price deals.

They must know what deals I have had in the past, as they have my records in front of them when I phone to cancel.
  • Options
    braychurchmousebraychurchmouse Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Well the "basic pack" doesn't include any HD channels aside from the FTA ones so that'd be a waste of time. You can't add HD channels as a separate pack any more, you have to get Entertainment Extra+ (standard price is £32pm).

Yes but I specifically asked if it included ITV2-4HD and Film4 HD and they said it did....for £14 per month. I have the chat transcript, but whether that would do me any good in a punch up i doubt :-(
  • Options
    timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never pay extra for HD so will have to stick with the free HD channels.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but I specifically asked if it included ITV2-4HD and Film4 HD and they said it did....for £14 per month. I have the chat transcript, but whether that would do me any good in a punch up i doubt :-(
    They must've meant Entertainment Extra+ then, so more than 50% off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Best bet is to get broadband installed at the same time as you get the tv then sky will do you a very good deal on £15.75 a month including line rental for the broadband at entertainment extra tv package (normally £32 a month) - deal lasts for 12 months and then you can cancel if the price is too high.