Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend and me got meet and greet tickets to Meghan Trainor back in April at the ABC in Glasgow.

Only £100 for a concert ticket, autograph + 2photos and access to the first 3 rows. Seemed to good to not buy lol!

She was very nice, asked our names, hugged us and even asked where we were from and if we were students etc..

I heard some M&Gs were very fast and didn't last long but she spent a sufficient amount of time making small talk so I was impressed by her

Only M&G I've ever been to though so can't speak for others lol
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very nice- Warwick Davis. Used the 'Don't you know who I am?' When he was asked to pay the entrance charge of an attraction I used to work at. Once he realised no one was the least bit bothered about who he was, and that he would have to pay, he left. After some fuss and moaning.

Sounds like a Tall Story to me! :p
  • AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Not very nice- Warwick Davis. Used the 'Don't you know who I am?' When he was asked to pay the entrance charge of an attraction I used to work at. Once he realised no one was the least bit bothered about who he was, and that he would have to pay, he left. After some fuss and moaning.

Sounds like you got a little short with him. Ironicly he seems to have quite a high opinion of himself.
  • Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I'd have said, "Yes I do but you're not getting free. I'll let you in at the half-price rate, though!"
    (This from a fellow shortie, although I'd probably give Warwick Davis a foot or so!)

Years ago, I was working the gate at a biker rally when a bloke who lost both legs in a crash rolled up in his wheelchair and asked could he get in half price as only half of him was going in? You can't really argue with that kind of brilliant attitude, so I let him in free. Absolute legend!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_P wrote: »
    Years ago, I was working the gate at a biker rally when a bloke who lost both legs in a crash rolled up in his wheelchair and asked could he get in half price as only half of him was going in? You can't really argue with that kind of brilliant attitude, so I let him in free. Absolute legend!

Good on him and good on you! :)
    My OH was smashed up in a motorbike accident (thankfully regained the use of his limbs) and he lost his bro in one so I'm naturally bucked by your story!
  • PorterjohPorterjoh Posts: 53
    Forum Member

Doesn't surprise me.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps Life's too short was more realistic than we thought.
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Quite a few posters seem to have caught celebs on off moments , and obviously there will be times that people would rather not be disturbed, but I suppose it is how they deal with that situation that matters.

Last night I saw Rory McGrath in town , and he was having a private conversation on his mobile. A drunk guy went up to him, put his arms around him and took a selfie, while Rory was still chatting on his mobile. To his credit , he remained unfazed and carried on , but I thought the drunk guy was pretty rude. I suppose celebs come across this all the time, and Rory seems like a pretty nice guy , but I can imagine some celebs being rude back in such situations.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on a Christmas night out in a pub in Cardiff in December 2012 and in the beer garden having a **** I recognised Tony Marshall, the bloke who played Nelson the barman in Life on Mars /Ashes to Ashes and he has also had other small roles on shows like OFAH.

I went onto him and he was very friendly and explained he was in Cardiff as he was filming Casualty which had moved filming to the area. He seemed impressed when I said I remembered him in a programme called Preston Front as it wasn't that well-known.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I've heard nothing good about Warwick Davis both from gossip sites and people I know who work in the industry. They can't all be wrong. Attention has to be on him all the time, it's all about him. He's a massive male diva.
  • nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to goggle him. Never heard of him, nor do I think I've ever seen any of his work
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    I've heard nothing good about Warwick Davis both from gossip sites and people I know who work in the industry. They can't all be wrong. Attention has to be on him all the time, it's all about him. He's a massive male diva.
    My mate had the greatest Warwick Davis clip ever. Back in the mid-90s, we were huge into Star Wars and used to record anything Star Wars. There was a reporter at either the premiere of the Star Wars Special Edition or Episode 1 - can't recall which. Anyway, the presenter is looking for people to interview but can't spot anyone and in the background is Warwick walking over going "hey, hey!" as in "I'm here, interview me!". It then cuts back to the studio and you hear one final [ignored] "hey" from Warwick. It was pretty tragic.
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Met Mark Labbett from "The Chase" at a quiz event a couple of years ago. He was on a break from the world quizzing championships as we were going into the pub next to it, we saw him and stopped for a brief chat and got a photo. Great bloke, was really nice and chatted with us about how the championships were going and about what we were up to, then posed for the photo and went back in to the championship!
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    My mate had the greatest Warwick Davis clip ever. Back in the mid-90s, we were huge into Star Wars and used to record anything Star Wars. There was a reporter at either the premiere of the Star Wars Special Edition or Episode 1 - can't recall which. Anyway, the presenter is looking for people to interview but can't spot anyone and in the background is Warwick walking over going "hey, hey!" as in "I'm here, interview me!". It then cuts back to the studio and you hear one final [ignored] "hey" from Warwick. It was pretty tragic.

:D:D:D

That actually sounds like it could be a scene from Life's Too Short!
  • Gary HallidayGary Halliday Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because somebody is all smiles and bonhomie in public doesn't necessarily mean they are a nice person. Some "celebrities" (for want of a better word) will always work at their public image while others obviously don't give a toss what people think of them. Some of the "nice" people may be unbearable in private, while the don't give a damn lot may be very easy to live with. It would be interesting to know if the growth of social media has improved some stars behaviour!
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    He's a massive male diva.

Divo. :D

Never had any experience of him professionally or socially, but I think most reports of him "au naturel" are unfavourable.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Claire Danes is very cold.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Apparently Claire Danes is very cold.

For years I thought that My So Called Life was cancelled because the viewing figures were poor, but apparently it was mainly because she didn't want to do another series!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Met Benedict Cumberbatch at the stage door last night and he was lovely. And from someone who said from the start he wasn't doing stage door, he signed every programme in sight (even brought his own pen). My boyfriend said Benedict was fantastic in Hamlet and he looked up and said "I'm so glad you enjoyed it" - really genuine. He took a lot of time with the fans, talking and smiling, when he could (and by all expectations would) have just got straight in his car. Absolutely lovely. And this is from someone who thought he was a bit of a smug fella.
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Don't know if I can really class her as a celeb , but I spoke to Julie Wilson Nimmo (Miss Hoolie from Balamory), in Edinburgh yesterday. She was really nice and friendly , but the problem is I can't get the stupid Balamory theme tune out of my head😒
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catboy71 wrote: »
    Don't know if I can really class her as a celeb , but I spoke to Julie Wilson Nimmo (Miss Hoolie from Balamory), in Edinburgh yesterday. She was really nice and friendly , but the problem is I can't get the stupid Balamory theme tune out of my head😒

:D:D:D:D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nor can I now, damn you! :p:D
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Quite a few posters seem to have caught celebs on off moments , and obviously there will be times that people would rather not be disturbed, but I suppose it is how they deal with that situation that matters.

Last night I saw Rory McGrath in town , and he was having a private conversation on his mobile. A drunk guy went up to him, put his arms around him and took a selfie, while Rory was still chatting on his mobile. To his credit , he remained unfazed and carried on , but I thought the drunk guy was pretty rude. I suppose celebs come across this all the time, and Rory seems like a pretty nice guy , but I can imagine some celebs being rude back in such situations.

I went to school with him - he was a prize pain in the arse then.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Must admit Ive got the policeman from 'Brum' as a Facebook friend.

(And he requested me & not the other way round!)
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    JT2060 wrote: »
    I went to school with him - he was a prize pain in the arse then.

Well, to be fair, lots of people are pains at school but that doesn't mean they necessarily continue to be when they grow up.