Isn't it great a generation is emerging that rejects the Ibiza Uncovered mentality

Underground manUnderground man Posts: 493
Forum Member
Finally the post-60s degenerates are dying out and the likes of Helen and Winston represent the last gasp of the self indulgent toxic morons that they gave rise to. And now young people like Ashleigh are emerging to steer this once great nation in the right direction, away from the yobbery and vulgarity it has been plagued with for about 25 years.

She's like the lovely Saffron in Absolutely Fabulous.

Comments

• dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, reality TV really will be the bastion of newage christian morals. Everyone gets together at church on sunday to sing the theme song of Geordie Shore
  • Underground manUnderground man Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Reality tv is what the viewers make it. Hopefully they'll side with Ashleigh, a young girl that represents a more dignified approach - standing her ground and keeping her morals.
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Reality tv is what the viewers make it. Hopefully they'll side with Ashleigh, a young girl that represents a more dignified approach - standing her ground and keeping her morals.

Aww a bit like her friend Danielle.;-)
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The shame is, they are all trying to please an audience, and not enjoying a moment in their life, whether they agree or disagree with their HMs outlook on life.......non of them are in the house to HAVE FUN and see how it goes...
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Finally the post-60s degenerates are dying out and the likes of Helen and Winston represent the last gasp of the self indulgent toxic morons that they gave rise to. And now young people like Ashleigh are emerging to steer this once great nation in the right direction, away from the yobbery and vulgarity it has been plagued with for about 25 years.

This'd be a good post if it made sense. :D
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member

Acting superior and intolerance isn't a good trait. What's that saying about walking a mile in someone shoes? And did she ever watch any past episodes of BB to not know that she'd be bound to spend her time with hms from different walks of life?

Does she really want to be miserable and unhappy? She's the only one with control of that. She can't change other people, but she can change her own outlook and stop allowing them to have power over her emotions.
    Forum Member
    flower 2 wrote: »
    The shame is, they are all trying to please an audience, and not enjoying a moment in their life, whether they agree or disagree with their HMs outlook on life.......non of them are in the house to HAVE FUN and see how it goes...

Life is not to be enjoyed. It is to be respected.
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member

Why not both?
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »
    Acting superior and intolerance isn't a good trait.

On the contrary. I think the truly great civilizations were built on an elitist, aristocratic (or catic) mindset that didn't tolerate what they regarded as behaviour that threatened the social order.
    What's that saying about walking a mile in someone shoes? And did she ever watch any past episodes of BB to not know that she'd be bound to spend her time with hms from different walks of life?

They're not from different walks of life. They're people who would have previously appeared on Ibiza Uncovered.
    Does she really want to be miserable and unhappy? She's the only one with control of that. She can't change other people, but she can change her own outlook and stop allowing them to have power over her emotions.

All our outlooks are determined by the communities we belong to to some extent. I find it refreshing that there's a young girl who is disgusted by the vulgarity and idiocy of those she finds herself surrounded by.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Sorry, what a load of old cock. So much so, it's impossible to know where to start when looking to be more constructive than this in a response.
  • dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair to Ashliegh, I've watched every series of BB, but even I wouldn't have been prepared to deal with someone like Helen, especially not at her age. If you've never seen that sort of behaviour, how can you imagine it?
    Forum Member
    On the contrary. I think the truly great civilizations were built on an elitist, aritocratic mindset that didn't tolerate what they regarded as behaviour that threatened the social order.

They're not from different walks of life. They're people who would have previously appeared on Ibiza Uncovered.

All our outlooks are determined by the communities we belong to to some extent. I find it refreshing that there's a young girl who is disgusted by the vulgarity and idiocy of those she finds herself surrounded by.

Then why did she go on the show if you think she's too good for it?
    Forum Member
    Then why did she go on the show if you think she's too good for it?

To win it by being better than the others? Just like Aaron did
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If somebody walked a mile in my shoes I would probably murder them.
    "Make love as if no one was watching.
    Dance like you've been hurt.
    Sing like you've never sung before."
    Forum Member
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    To be fair to Ashliegh, I've watched every series of BB, but even I wouldn't have been prepared to deal with someone like Helen, especially not at her age. If you've never seen that sort of behaviour, how can you imagine it?

If she can't change it or challenge it, isn't it best to stop complaining about it and make the best of her time in there with people she does like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the contrary. I think the truly great civilizations were built on an elitist, aristocratic (or catic) mindset that didn't tolerate what they regarded as behaviour that threatened the social order.

I've just said something similar before I had chance to read this. ;-)
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    If somebody walked a mile in my shoes I would probably murder them.
    "Make love as if no one was watching.
    Dance like you've been hurt.
    Sing like you've never sung before."

A mentality that could only produce a country like America. The most vulgar nation in human history
    Forum Member
    If she can't change it or challenge it, isn't it best to stop complaining about it and make the best of her time in there with people she does like?

She's documenting her thoughts on a television show for future generations to look at and realize not everyone had signed up to the self destructive behaviour that brought this country to its knees.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mentality that could only produce a country like America. The most vulgar nation in human history

Thank you.
    Forum Member
    She's documenting her thoughts on a television show for future generations to look at and realize not everyone had signed up to the self destructive behaviour that brought this country to its knees.

Sorry, but I'm completely lost with this statement. I thought she was in there to further her career (like many of them are), not to change world history :D
  • TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member

Sorry but is this how Cults start? Very funny Lmao:p
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

By whom?
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    ibiza would kill Ashleigh.........pools/bikinis she would need a signed release form her bf to go even to the local gym pool by the way she talks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched BB for a number of years, mainly because it seemed to be targeting that Club 18 to 30 crowd but the fact that this year there are a number of HM's who are clearly challenging that kind of mentality is what got me hooked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would be good if she could do that, I agree, but we only see a few seconds footage of them a day, no doubt she does talk to other HM's, Chris seems to have a good relationship with her - not that we get to see it. All the producers want to show us is the bitching and rows.

From experience, I know just how much living with someone like Helen can totally drain you, wear you down and make you depressed.

Add to that the stress of where she is and I honestly don't know how she's coped. I blame BB for much of it, had they warned Helen early on, then maybe the effects of her behaviour wouldn't have been so bad and the divides in the house not as deep as they are now.

Giving Helen alcohol, especially when they know what she's like with it, is also very damaging. They are enabling Helen's behaviour and that is grossly irresponsible.