Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Texet wrote: »
    Reading the tweets from court today it sounds as though these last witnesses (and the psych report) are all part of a giant mitigation plea - in sentencing, jail-time, jail-conditions.

But every one of these witnesses becomes irrelevant if the judge believes the State, the forensics, the dogs and the ear-witnesses. Being sorry, depressed, or even suicidal is not enough to escape justice if he knew Reeva was in that toilet. It's going to be nail-biter of a conclusion!

OP should not be given special treatment. He is a murderer. Fact.

The defense have made OP sound like a nervous wreck and we should all feel sorry for him. That does not wash with me >:(
  • Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    Then she just might be an a**, and that sounds really sweet; was going to bleet we're different there, but we're not, that sounds like a really nice idea (and I'm sorry to hear your dad passed, and I hope it wasn't too sad).

thanks :). it was sad, but expected. he'd been ill a while. i'm coping with it. most of the time
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2012 NCVS found that 80% of households did not resist the intruders. Those who resisted were more likely to suffer injuries. Of those who resisted, 40% were injured, and of those who didn’t resist, only 13% were injured. Overall, injuries were sustained in 20% of cases.

So why would OP not do what most people in S Africa would do if they suspected an intruder who was out to steal your possessions? Why did he not remove himself and Reeva to safety ?
    Silly question and it's been asked over and over again.
    This expert is treating this as if OP was under imminent threat of his life, as if it was an assassin out to get him.
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Reading the tweets from court today it sounds as though these last witnesses (and the psych report) are all part of a giant mitigation plea - in sentencing, jail-time, jail-conditions.

But every one of these witnesses becomes irrelevant if the judge believes the State, the forensics, the dogs and the ear-witnesses. Being sorry, depressed, or even suicidal is not enough to escape justice if he knew Reeva was in that toilet. It's going to be nail-biter of a conclusion!

I think Reeva's family should be entitled to have their say on the impact on their lives also, like they do in the States. This must be infuriating for them to listen to all this. >:(
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    I don't think the full report is online.
    we're not going to find it now anyway - If it's breach of any Court Order it will be taken down pronto
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    In case you're all trawling the web............Murray could be two sets down soon :(

Don't. I had to switch it off. :(
  • konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    we're not going to find it now anyway - If it's breach of any Court Order it will be taken down pronto

I think if it has already been posted it's fine so it will be out there somewhere. But it cannot be posted afresh from 2.05 our time.

If anyone finds it PM me ;-)
  • porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If that final screaming was Reeva then you could only conclude that she saw it coming and that means the shooting was premeditated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    The 2012 NCVS found that 80% of households did not resist the intruders. Those who resisted were more likely to suffer injuries. Of those who resisted, 40% were injured, and of those who didn’t resist, only 13% were injured. Overall, injuries were sustained in 20% of cases.

So why would OP not do what most people in S Africa would do if they suspected an intruder who was out to steal your possessions? Why did he not remove himself and Reeva to safety ?
    This expert is treating this as if OP was under imminent threat of his life, as if it was an assassin out to get him.
    it's as if the version is OP was faced with a man pointing a machine gun at him - the facts are OP couldn't see b*gger all, he shot through a bloomin door either way ! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if reports are leaked , unfair trial ? can only go in OP's favour
    I smell a rat , it's all very timely isnt' it

OP's defence now planning reasons for 'mitigation' - who'd have thought ...................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    OP should not be given special treatment. He is a murderer. Fact.

The defense have made OP sound like a nervous wreck and we should all feel sorry for him. That does not wash with me >:(

And that is their job I guess. We must just hope that the judge is made of similarly stern stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bat gun kick FIND THAT REPORT and pm those who want a glimpse
    (if she's awake)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The report might well include intimate info about R.S. as well, so I expect her mother's equally concerned that it's been released.
  • konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    if reports are leaked , unfair trial ? can only go in OP's favour
    I smell a rat , it's all very timely isnt' it

OP's defence now planning reasons for 'mitigation' - who'd have thought ...................

Since it's only Masipa and co judging I can't see how it can make any difference, thankfully!
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »

Listen, I know this for a fact, I am disabled...moderate fear level of spiders...hate the dark as Im going blind it scares the bejeesus out of me...would I run with my limited mobility to an intruder? ehm let me think on that one :confused::confused:

Answer : No, No No I would get into a safe place or stay totally silent and get help. ie panic alarm which OPs house was equipt with I noticed from his house plans.
    Forum Member
    Is the email from Mrs Trellis of North Wales?

"a giant hogweed on my lawn! the filthy bugger" :p:D
    Forum Member
    i have no idea what went on this afternoon. i've just reached the polar bear bit a few pages back and i'm howling with laughter :D
    Forum Member
    bookcover wrote: »
    I think Reeva's family should be entitled to have their say on the impact on their lives also, like they do in the States. This must be infuriating for them to listen to all this. >:(

I 2nd that. That have lost more than OP ever will. Even if is read out on their behalf they should have their say in all of this.

I, for one, am sick to the back teeth of hearing how OP is suffering >:(
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Aislinn Laing @Simmoa · 1m
    What we can tell you is that the judge made an order, at Pistorius request,that we can report only the conclusion of the psychologist report
    Forum Member
    konya wrote: »
    I think if it has already been posted it's fine so it will be out there somewhere. But it cannot be posted afresh from 2.05 our time.

And me please :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have no idea what went on this afternoon. i've just reached the polar bear bit a few pages back and i'm howling with laughter :D

Trust me the laughs were few and far between. It was deeply turgid stuff made worse by that fat pompous old fart Oldwege.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I have to say I cannot see the point of the report if you are not allowed to use it in court.
    Forum Member

Wayne won't like hearing that. He assumed his lecture went really well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The report might well include intimate info about R.S. as well, so I expect her mother's equally concerned that it's been released.

I doubt,would have thought it would be about personal information regarding OP.And should be kept private.

Defence looking to get acquittal based on this report .:o
  • cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konya wrote: »

A tweet from the BBC Correspondent Andrew Harding

So... if you see any tweets mentioning details of that report not mentioned in court... you will be in contempt of court if you retweet...
    2:30pm - 2 Jul 14
This discussion has been closed.