Why does noone ever mention the lack of emotion in Amelias voice?

HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She just shouts and doesn't connect with the lyrics vocally or physically.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's young, never experienced any real emotion I should think. Whereas Misha B has suffered in life, you can hear it in her voice.
  • HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avril was the same age as Amelia when she released the song and it has a hundred times more emotion in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HayleyXD wrote: »
    Avril was the same age as Amelia when she released the song and it has a hundred times more emotion in it.

Maybe Avril, whoever she is, is more emotional than Amelia?
  • lollop961lollop961 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Amelia voice is hard....and unkind.
  • Bob EvansBob Evans Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Were you watcing the same performances? Amelia had lots of emotion in them, the same cannot be said for Misha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    This thread is laughable
  • lollop961lollop961 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Bob Evans wrote: »
    Were you watcing the same performances? Amelia had lots of emotion in them, the same cannot be said for Misha

I was watching the same show, Misha showed A LOT more emotion than amelia, which you saw most when it was showing us the performances at the end...

the clip of amelia sounded completely shouty!

Misha sounded...almost sad :( And it was emotional and beauitful!
  • AnotherBoxAnotherBox Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I heard emotion in her second song. I also think she has a lovely voice, considering her age and lack of experience she is brilliant.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do think Amelia has great potential but listening to her performance today just made me think 'hollow' which I guess is along the same lines.:)
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amelia's performance was absolutely amazing. She outshone the rest by a country mile, both vocally and with a believable performance.

Sorry OP, cannot agree with your opinion. :)
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emotion poured out of Princess Amelia tonight.

Even the wind-machine couldn't hold it back, I do not understand this thread at all.
  • Bad JujuBad Juju Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Amelia's voice, though to be fair, she has done a great service, all those souls in peril on the sea will be watching out for the fog now,
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Points to I'm With You, and that China song from last week*

I've found Misha much harder to see emotionally connecting with her songs personally [Pretty Please was rather ear-grating instead].
  • Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does noone ever mention the lack of emotion in Amelias voice?

becuase they're too busy looking at the size of her massive chin

on a side note I thought she did OK tonight the backing music during her first song almost drowned her voice out though and she sang too low during the 2nd song
  • Bob EvansBob Evans Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    *Points to I'm With You, and that China song from last week*

I've found Misha much harder to see emotionally connecting with her songs personally [Pretty Please was rather ear-grating instead].

Thats one of Mishas problems she does not connect with the songs. There is no colur of rishness to them. She sings them reasonably well but they are bland
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed this during her sing-off performance of 'You And I', strangely enough. Her facial expressions and body language were saying "save me" but her voice was just the same as always and there was no feeling or emotion behind what she was singing. It's like she was more worried about being technically good rather than connecting with the song (which is sooooo important).
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was plenty of emotion in I'm With You tonight.
  • AnotherBoxAnotherBox Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the fact that Amelia has not has the mentoring that Misha has, nor is she Kelly's favourite, Misha still performs like a machine - very mechanical.
    Amelia on the other hand is far from mechanical, she has soul.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to her personally picked song, where I thought she would shine most, and found it incredibly boring. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Her face has no emotion too. She has the look of a stoner all the time. A beautiful stoner, might I add. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member

I know, right :rolleyes: ? I am never able to connect with her do to the lack of emotion in her voice. I have to feel the lyrics in order to like a singer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I feel like she 'acts' out emotion rather than actually feeling it.

I am a fan of her voice and her performances but i don't think she properly connects with the songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone who absolutely loves the song I'm With You, I can say Amelia completely butchered it. :( It's quite a subtle song, especially the beginning (which is actually the part I think Amelia sang the least well). Just moving her arms around doesn't do it for me, it was completely stagey. I do know that acts are supposed to make a song "their own" but for me that just didn't work at all. This is the way I think the song should be sung, and even though Amelia shouldn't just copy Avril's singing, to me this performance just shows how harsh and forgettable Amelia's was (Avril isn't moving around or anything at all and yet it's so much more heartfelt):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOQwxuHpCoc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Amelia is the most emotional singer left in the competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny, some people seem to think she's full of emotion, others think she has none. I think she's completely emotionless while singing. It all feels put on, especially today. I honestly don't think you need to have had suffering in your life to display emotion on the stage. It's just a skill you can have, or not. Personally, I think she doesn't, and that she tries way too hard to affect it while singing.