Shops you hate going in

Comments

• andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    phone shops, just the smell in the air that they are desperate for you to tie you up to a contract

Asda when busy, too much smelly people
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    hatpeg wrote: »
    B&Q - never anyone on the checkouts and the self service machines are always going wrong.

WH Smith - you can never just buy anything without being offered a special price on chocolate!

"The Works" is just as bad. I bought a wonderful travel book, some CDs and a DVD box set and they still weren't satisfied.

They wanted to flog me a bloody hidious pen with what looked like a fake diamond on the top. No thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Gaditano wrote: »
    And did they have any sort of answer to your very good point ?
    If I am right thats 28 cel.? No staff should have to put up with that ,its far too warm to work in ,

I think that's right as 30 is around 90 degrees.

It's a small walkin one and the staff looked fine, they have a sort of short sleeved uniform.

I had a week of emails where they said that they didn't want customers to stop going into their shops and they tried to accomodate both staff and customers, clearly they don't.

Not a satisfactory response I thought so I said no to the offer of vouchers and told them I'll shop else where in future.

We vote with our feet (not literally I hope!), we forget that shops need every customer so if you don't like it go elsewhere.

I do wonder if they have turned the heating down though and may go back for a reccie!
  • IngenueIngenue Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaditano wrote: »
    Is it just me or do branches of Boots always seem overheated? My conspiracy theory on this is that if they get customers feeling sweaty we'll all buy more deodorant.
    I was going to mention the heat in Boots. I think it's because they have so many bright lights in there. I was in Footasylum yesterday and it was sickly hot.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit random but some shops i just hate going in some shops have rude and pretentouis staff in many of their shops.I find topshop and department stores E.g house of fraser , debenhams to have stuck up assistants.Also little shops where staff just watch you its really off putting.
    All of them. I prefer Amazon.
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    T K Maxx

I can't bear it's constant state of disorganised, dishevledness!

I haven't been in there for years!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I've never experienced said stuck-up assistants...Every time I've been in Topshop, HoF or Debenhams the staff have been pleasant and helpful.

The rudest staff (and customers!) I've encountered have been in Primark. I used to shop there when I was a fresher and I got the impression that they just drag a random person off the street and give them a job. If you ask them a simple question, like where something is, they look at you like you're being a major pain in the ass and point in a general direction.

The customers are worse- they seem to have no respect for the clothes and just chuck them everywhere, so it's impossible to find anything. I always get dizzy when I go in there, there's stuff everywhere and people stampeding around the place. Not to mention that the clothes are crap and not all that cheap either- I've got cheaper things in the sales of higher end shops than in Primark.

So yeah, I don't like Primark!

When i go in primark staff have always been really nice and quick.Normally they are far too busy to bother anyone.I think its becuase i normaly go shopping when its quiet so staff stand around talking.
  • Lain AndrewsLain Andrews Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is my post deleted?

kiss teeth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morrisons! Nearly evertime I buy one of their offers, they overcharge me. The girl on customer services told me (when again, I had to claim a refund for being overcharged) that 4 people that morning had complained about the same item.
    I have to go in their sometimes (usually shop at Asda) and I have to check my reciept every time, because they can't be trusted with their prices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And shops that have loud music. I wouldn't buy clothes there for me, but I have teenage kids so might have had a look but I won't even attempt it.
    And Mcdonalds. I took my grandson in for a meal; it has bee a couple of years since I went in there.
    It's been revamped and it's horrible, cramped, noisy and has loud music playing.
    I don't know how the staff cope with all that noise?
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Marks and Spencers, particularly the food section, it always seems full of the sort of people that poke your eyes out with their umbrellas. Little old ladies with kamikazee trollies, and they always seem to hide the vegetarian food in some obscure corner.

My mother in law loves it. :)
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    T K Maxx

I can't bear it's constant state of disorganised, dishevledness!

I haven't been in there for years!

I totally agree with you here. It has a second-hand shop chic about it. Not a fan. There's always a smell in there too.

Also, it's usually littered with posh folk, same at discount designer places, like Bicester Village. If you want to be that much of a snob, buy it at full price.

I detest Debenhams. Definitely punching above its own weight that one. You're no House of Fraser or John Lewis and you know it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    TomGrant wrote: »
    I totally agree with you here. It has a second-hand shop chic about it. Not a fan. There's always a smell in there too.

Also, it's usually littered with posh folk, same at discount designer places, like Bicester Village. If you want to be that much of a snob, buy it at full price.

I detest Debenhams. Definitely punching above its own weight that one. You're no House of Fraser or John Lewis and you know it.

Lol ive found bicester village to be full of rude asians/chinese or loud chavvy families who think they have class but buy all their stuff on credit.
  • trigpointtrigpoint Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ingenue wrote: »
    I only go in to PC World when I want to be ignored.
    Thats what is great about PC World, you can walk around pick up what you want and take it to the till to pay. I hate shops where staff pounce on you.

I know clothes shops are bad for that, but small computer shops loose my business too as they rarely let you look around.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westfield Stratford. It's fine first thing in the morning but by lunch time is FULL of hideous Essex chavs!
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is my post deleted?

kiss teeth
    It was boring plus it smelt of poo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no really got a problem with anywhere, but I was up in Glasgow in Debenhams with my friend because there's something she wanted one time. ow at the time we were speaking a lot of slang (not even swearing, just proper Weegie dialect lol) and wearing adidas trackies and just about every shop assistant that was in earshot looked at us like we weren't welcome.

We even had one devious little cow following us and she thought she was so clever, so we just gave her 'the look' to basically say "Bitch please :rolleyes:"
  • lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's right as 30 is around 90 degrees.

It's a small walkin one and the staff looked fine, they have a sort of short sleeved uniform.

I had a week of emails where they said that they didn't want customers to stop going into their shops and they tried to accomodate both staff and customers, clearly they don't.

Not a satisfactory response I thought so I said no to the offer of vouchers and told them I'll shop else where in future.

We vote with our feet (not literally I hope!), we forget that shops need every customer so if you don't like it go elsewhere.

I do wonder if they have turned the heating down though and may go back for a reccie!

the staff are not fine with the heat.
    i work for boots and we are always complaining about the heat.
    they sometimes get us water,but iv had days where i have almost passed out,and suffered dehydration.
    So please dont assume we are fine in our short sleeve, uncomfortable uniform
    But thanks to anyone who has complained, it helps to improve things for staff:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marks and Spencers, particularly the food section, it always seems full of the sort of people that poke your eyes out with their umbrellas. Little old ladies with kamikazee trollies, and they always seem to hide the vegetarian food in some obscure corner.

My mother in law loves it. :)

I love my M&S :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The local Tesco in the town centre. It's not nice when it gets busy, which is most of the time. Primark also. It's fair that they're not the greatest, but there are so many disrespectful t**ts in there who just dash clothes on the floor, stand all over them and cough all over the place without even covering their mouths.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ikea. It's a bendy twisty maze with no windows and mad people with murder in their eyes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    lavender50 wrote: »
    the staff are not fine with the heat.
    i work for boots and we are always complaining about the heat.
    they sometimes get us water,but iv had days where i have almost passed out,and suffered dehydration.
    So please dont assume we are fine in our short sleeve, uncomfortable uniform
    But thanks to anyone who has complained, it helps to improve things for staff:)

Thanks! I know those uniforms are synthetic and don't look as if they would be comfortable, I just meant that the staff didn't look particularly flushed or hot, but seeing what you said makes me think I aught to email them again as they were a bit dismissive, "we aim to cater for all staff and customers", when I pointed out that they couldn't do both, 80 odd degrees and coming in from the freezing, but now I know that others ^ ^ and the staff don't like it either, I'll keep up the pressure for them to do something about it.

It's not enough, it seems that I was very sick, when I got home!
  • Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poundland. Always full to bursting and the people seem really aggressive, too.

Supermarkets, because they make me feel ill. I think it must have something to do with the lighting. Never quite understood it.

I used to hate going into Woolworths because it was so disorganised. Yet I was still a bit sad when they closed down.

I avoid WH Smith as since they crammed a post office in there, nagavating the shop is really difficult. Everything is so squashed, dark, dusty, and untidy. It's awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely topshop/topman with their staff (and customers) prancing around in some kind of pointless fashion show.

Also, any pub. Hate the way "regulars" look at you suspiciously because they don't know you.
  • Lain AndrewsLain Andrews Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JD Sports

So expensive