America's Top Ten/ Cinemattractions

doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
Forum Member
Anybody else used to watch (or record since they were on late) these two late night programmes on ITV.

Casey Kasem, the voice of Shaggy from Scooby Doo used to narrate the U.S. top ten singles and then, even better they'd be the top ten U.S. movies on Cinemattractions.

Back in those days before the internet it was quite exciting to get previews of the films that were coming to this country in a few months, sometimes longer.

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i absolutely LOVED CINEMATTRACTIONS / CINEMA CINEMA CINEMA, and taped them all ..... only have the tape with the one with the trailer for TOTAL RECALL/gremlins 2/exorcist 3 (i must have watched that trailer a HUNDRED TIMES!!!) and another one ..... i had a tape with THE ABYSS trailer on it, but i managed to bugger up that tape, probably played it too much :blush:

used to record the trailers onto cassette too!

*magically pulls out list*

AHA, found it ..... i made some lists of stuff from the programme, and the TOTAL RECALL episode was the last on the tape ..... along with a behind the scenes for DIE HARD 2 ..... and i can still remember the VERY FIRST SHOT of that, the backwards track shot with the ridges on the wall, before john maclane emerges through the smoke ..... and i thought it was ALIEN3, which was also due at that time ..... then the FIRST official trailer for ALIEN3 showed up at the beginning of flipping 1992!!!

BASTARD :D

the top ten of that episode was

SPACED INVADERS
    JOE VERSUS THE VOLCANO
    TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE
    HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER
    TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
    FIREBIRDS
    CADILLAC MAN
    PRETTY WOMAN
    BIRD ON A WIRE
    BACK TO THE FUTURE 3

first one on the tape had trailers for SHORT TIME and TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE and only shows the top seven!

pity i've got a big gap, to nearer the end of 1990, where the trailers for THE ROCKETEER and SWEETTALKER are on, then on through TWO YEARS worth up to the first week of LOADED WEAPON 1 being no#1 ..... then there's a missing sheet DAMMIT :D then the next one has the last week of GROUNDHOG DAY being the top movie in the usa!

the last list i have has SLIVER at no#1, and had trailers for MADE IN AMERICA and SUPER MARIO BROTHERS!!!

yes also watched AMERICAS TOP TEN and pretty much all the late night reviews shows ^_^

there's not much left on the net, a few clips on youtube, but no one so far has any lists or stuff like that .....
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "And America's Top 10 Continues"
    "Keep your feet on the ground keep reaching the stars"
    "Before we get to this week's NUMBER 1 record in the USA let's check out the top 10 rock albums"
    :D