Sheffield slave’s brutal beatings

roth30roth30 Posts: 3,264
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In our local news a man with learning difficulties was beaten by members of a family who kept him as a slave for a year.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/video-sheffield-slave-s-brutal-beatings-cctv-1-6356841

Does contain cctv video of the beatings and also the story.

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's not a lot to say about that, other than that it's a very sad and ugly business.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,548
    Forum Member
    I saw this on the news tonight and it made me feel sick :cry:

Pure evil b@stards >:( Hanging should be brought back for scum like this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roth30 wrote: »
    In our local news a man with learning difficulties was beaten by members of a family who kept him as a slave for a year.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/video-sheffield-slave-s-brutal-beatings-cctv-1-6356841

Does contain cctv video of the beatings and also the story.

It says 6 weeks in that article. They got what they deserved.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    We seem to be seeing more of these stories recently.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this on the news just now and found the CCTV footage very upsetting to watch. :(
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand how they didn't get a life sentence for that.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I saw this on the news just now and found the CCTV footage very upsetting to watch. :(

Same here. It brought tears to my eyes :(

The poor man just took the beating and barely defended himself. I dread to think how he was treated indoors where the risk of being seen by outsiders was greatly reduced :(
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite sickening to think that people like this exist. :(
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I have just read about this case and came on here to see if it was being discussed.

Really wished I hadn't watched the CCTV 😞

Reminds me a lot of the Michael Gilbert case in Luton. He was murdered after spending ten years as a slave for a family of pure evil. They all got big sentences - 36 years for the main tormentor.

There should be much, much higher penalties for disability hate crimes.
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    Just saw this in sky news, I won't be able to sleep now, disgusting creatures!
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evil scum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I saw some of the CCTV footage on BBC and SKY. It's absolutely shocking! If that's what they were doing to him outside, just imagine what they were doing to hum inside closed doors :(

Another thing - Who knew that the ice cream business paid so well? They have a big gated semi-detached house with what looks like two ice-cream vans, another van and a chavved-up Corsa. Plus the judge ordered them to pay the man 15 grand that they just had knocking about inside the house? Unbelievable!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole family is sick. very hard to watch, especially when the poor bloke they beat up had learning difficulties. disgusting. everytime i think i have seen a the lowest of human depravity, something else comes along to top it.:cry:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    the whole family is sick. very hard to watch, especially when the poor bloke they beat up had learning difficulties. disgusting. everytime i think i have seen a the lowest of human depravity, something else comes along to top it.:cry:

Completely agree. With the attention this case is getting, here's hoping they get some "special attention" in jail. See how they like it.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    What a bunch of cowardly scum. No doubt they will be bleating about their human rights being violated if someone in prison so much as gives them a dirty look.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brisky wrote: »
    Another thing - Who knew that the ice cream business paid so well?

Yep, apparently it can be very big business. I've heard stories of what essentially amounts to "turf war" over particular areas and pitches of ice cream vans.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Sickening.

I hope the poor man can recover in mind and body and will somehow be looked after.

The scum reponsible can rot.