Options

Gmtv

TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lorraine Kelly has just tweeted that the DOI guests have let her down and wont be appearing on the show, she hasnt said who exactly but isnt it a bit off that they cant be a***d to show up?
I know they've had a long night with the after show party BUT even so if they knew they were meant to be on couldnt they have made the effort? If you've got to the final you know you have to do the interviews on a Mon and others have managed in previous years.

Comments

• Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, without knowing who she's referring to, it's hard to say.

I kind of a have a bit of sympathy if its some of the finalists tbh - they probably just overindulged themselves at the aftershow party, and after however many weeks of restraint, I think they sort of deserved the chance to let their hair down a bit. ;)
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be Hayley as the winner I would have expected her to be everywhere today
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    damn missing post thing again
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are being very uncharitable withour knowing the facts.

If it is one of the contestants of DoI then there must be a very good reason for not doing GMTV

One of the reasons they do the show is to get publicity for their fading/faded/never happened careers, so I dont think they would miss publicity if at all possible
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Lorraine Kelly has just tweeted that the DOI guests have let her down and wont be appearing on the show, she hasnt said who exactly but isnt it a bit off that they cant be a***d to show up?
    I know they've had a long night with the after show party BUT even so if they knew they were meant to be on couldnt they have made the effort? If you've got to the final you know you have to do the interviews on a Mon and others have managed in previous years.

The people that would have been booked for that appearance would have been the winners, Hayley & Dan. So that seems a strange comment for you to make considering Dan is, to you, such a good friend of yours!
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On GMTV's website it said the runners up were meant to be on
    DANCING ON ICE - get the latest on the weekend's final, and find out what the runner's-up had to say as they join us live in the studio
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's nothing to do with Gary. :(

Edit: Oh damn it, it is. I hope everything is okay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I imagine they'll be fine. ;) Just probably still bladdered from the wrap party and enjoying some sleep, rather than getting up at some ridiculous hour to travel to Lorraine's sofa... :D
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Eejit wrote: »
    I imagine they'll be fine. ;) Just probably still bladdered from the wrap party and enjoying some sleep, rather than getting up at some ridiculous hour to travel to Lorraine's sofa... :D

I agree, no harm done:D. They probably were over the moon for being able to do Bolero and got (quite rightly) drunk:D.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    Hayley and Dan said on This Morning they'd had no sleep but they seemed wide awake!
    Eamonn Holmes asked them if they were an item but Hayley said she has a fiance!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Hayley and Dan said on This Morning they'd had no sleep but they seemed wide awake!
    Eamonn was acting the daft laddie there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh for goodness sake - that is the most pointless question for an interviewer to ask them. Mind you I can't stand Eamonn Holmes so there is no surprise.

Yeh she has a fiance and he has a long term partner :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumbled wrote: »
    The people that would have been booked for that appearance would have been the winners, Hayley & Dan. So that seems a strange comment for you to make considering Dan is, to you, such a good friend of yours!

I knew it wasnt meant to be Dan and Hayley that were to be on, obviously Gary is a bit annoyed at not winning so decided not to bother to show up!! bad loser possibly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sake - that is the most pointless question for an interviewer to ask them. Mind you I can't stand Eamonn Holmes so there is no surprise.

Yeh she has a fiance and he has a long term partner :D

Could quite happily have slapped Eamon at that point stupid idiot dont they do research before an interview?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could quite happily have slapped Eamon at that point stupid idiot dont they do research before an interview?

He was so rude in parts. Asking them about their 'relationship' and then he asked her was she unemployed.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew it wasnt meant to be Dan and Hayley that were to be on, obviously Gary is a bit annoyed at not winning so decided not to bother to show up!! bad loser possibly?

Don't make crap up please. :)

Philip Schofield said that Gary was thrilled at his placing and so he should be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't make crap up please. :)

Philip Schofield said that Gary was thrilled at his placing and so he should be.

Well apparantly something happened after the show that says otherwise!!

has Philip been on anywhere today to say that?

I heard stuff on the radio about Gary.
  • Options
    NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh here we go ... guess work and supposition once again.

I'm sure all will be explained in due course - so there really is no need for such nastiness.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    NoahsAark wrote: »
    Oh here we go ... guess work and supposition once again.

I'm sure all will be explained in due course - so there really is no need for such nastiness.

some people on here have short memories:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What happened after the show? And what was said on the radio? :confused::)

Like I said earlier, I'd have thought the most likely explanation was that Gary et al were still drunk / asleep after last night's partying, which is understandable. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member

If you knew it wasn't Hayley & Dan, why did you ask Lorraine this?
    DansDiva @reallorraine was it the winners or runners up that let you down?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumbled wrote: »
    If you knew it wasn't Hayley & Dan, why did you ask Lorraine this?
    DansDiva @reallorraine was it the winners or runners up that let you down?

That was just before I checked online and found out it was the runners up that were meant to be on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would very much doubt that Gary is the sore loser. He seemed genuinely thrilled with his second place.

I read a tweet from pip last night that said Jason went to shake Gary's hand and Gary ignored him. He also thought that words might have been said.

I am pleased Gary did that, what goes around comes around Jason. Also if Jason were in the GMTV studio that might have been another reason why Gary didn't want to be there.
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    obviously Gary is a bit annoyed at not winning so decided not to bother to show up!! bad loser possibly?
    I find that hard to believe personally as he seems really nice, but who knows :confused:
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    I read a tweet from pip last night that said Jason went to shake Gary's hand and Gary ignored him. He also thought that words might have been said.

Does anyone else find that a strange thing for Jason to do? i do as it doesn't sound like him. I like him but after walking out with Sharron this sounds odd :confused: