waking up to vanessa

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
Forum Member
never ever thought i would say this ,but i am really enjoying wanessa fetlz breakfast show.i could never abide the woman,but she is just what this early slot needs.sara kennedy was to fifties with her show tunes and swing bits.only lyn parsons comes close .love her wake up to you slot.even today describing her awful tracksuit she was wearing was funny does she buy her clothes with her eyes shut,

Comments

• shivering sandsshivering sands Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I totally agree itsmytime. I could never watch Vanessa Feltz if she was on TV. Couldn't stand the woman.
    But this is a whole new experience. She is absolutely brilliant on the Dawn Patrol. (Does she still call it that?) I now find myself not being able to switch from the alarm to the radio quickly enough at 6am every day.
    I could so easily have dismissed her without even listening, but I'm so glad I gave her a chance.
    It really is quality radio.
  • tvstudiestvstudies Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back Sarah Kennedy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, what an awful thought!! I wouldn't listen to either! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvstudies wrote: »

So true!
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please NO!

VF is entertaining, not abrasive and gentle on the ear!
  • CanbyCanby Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Sarah Kennedy I could listen to in the mornings but having given VF a fair chance just had to switch stations until 6.30am - too syrupy sweet for my liking, and the same old words at the same time every morning means that you know what she is going to say next most of the time. Big mistake Radio 2 you should have made Lynn Parsons permanent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    I totally agree itsmytime. I could never watch Vanessa Feltz if she was on TV. Couldn't stand the woman.
    But this is a whole new experience. She is absolutely brilliant on the Dawn Patrol. (Does she still call it that?) I now find myself not being able to switch from the alarm to the radio quickly enough at 6am every day.
    I could so easily have dismissed her without even listening, but I'm so glad I gave her a chance.
    It really is quality radio.

A scary thought
  • max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I can't see her being any less annoying on the radio but I wont be hurrying to the radio to have a listen to see, lol.
    I noticed she is back on our TV screen on some obscure low-budget chat show with her odd and somewhat rather young hubby.
  • tommytemprastommytempras Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    She's gorgeous, in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Canby wrote: »
    Sarah Kennedy I could listen to in the mornings but having given VF a fair chance just had to switch stations until 6.30am - too syrupy sweet for my liking, and the same old words at the same time every morning means that you know what she is going to say next most of the time. Big mistake Radio 2 you should have made Lynn Parsons permanent.

"The best is yet to be" I would guess she will not last in that slot for very long, From the great Alex Lester to this is a gear change too far for me.
  • puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member

I agree. Quirky not bland. Good music, good chat, she was brilliant. Wonder how her moggies are.