Options

The Woman In Black 2011 ( New Hammer Horror Film )

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up to £19.5 million in its 4th week at the box office !...i bet Susan Hills selling few more copies of her book !....just finished The Small Hand ghost story of hers... excellent hope they adapt that one as well !!
  • Options
    Ted2012Ted2012 Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am yet to see it. Waiting til' all the school kids are bored with it so I can go. Where is it in the UK charts?
  • Options
    Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ted2012 wrote: »
    I am yet to see it. Waiting til' all the school kids are bored with it so I can go. Where is it in the UK charts?

I didnt rate it at all, it was creepy in places and it did make me jump but its not something id watch again.

It should have been a 15 though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People I know who saw it said the same, that it should have been a 15. I think it's clear that it was 12a for the Potter fans to be frank, or at least for the Radcliffe fans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ted2012 wrote: »

Good move ! mind Easter is coming soon so id see it before then to avoid getting HarryPotteritis !...its 7th in the uk charts at the moment ! ..takings are around £20.4 million in its 6th week !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Good move ! mind Easter is coming soon so id see it before then to avoid getting HarryPotteritis !...its 7th in the uk charts at the moment ! ..takings are around £20.4 million in its 6th week !

Oh that's good news and yes I just remembered about the Easter holidays! Ahh, I don't think the DVD release will be until around August or something though due to it's success and pro-longed life in the cinema :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been to see this. Sad to say i had my eyes shut for a large portion. Am too much of a scaredy cat apparently :(
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to say I never experienced any silly teenagers being immature.

I have a question to ask though!
    At the end, did Jennet kill Arthur and his son as a nice thing or as part of her revenge? Arthur was so sad without his wife (as the picture his son drew showed) and my friend reckons because Arthur helped reunite Jennet and her son, she helped reunite Arthur and his son with his wife. But when I saw it I thought she did it as a revenge thing...
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to say I never experienced any silly teenagers being immature.

I have a question to ask though!
    At the end, did Jennet kill Arthur and his son as a nice thing or as part of her revenge? Arthur was so sad without his wife (as the picture his son drew showed) and my friend reckons because Arthur helped reunite Jennet and her son, she helped reunite Arthur and his son with his wife. But when I saw it I thought she did it as a revenge thing...

I think we can talk about it out loud now as everyone would have just about seen it by now

As per the curse she would take the son as revenge for losing hers, but Arthur thwarted her and she let them go towards the pearly gates

In essence Arthur did reunite her and Nathaniel at the end so I guess we could call it a last minute reprieve on her part for Arthur reuniting her and Nathaniel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not for ones with a nervous disposition if you remember a certain big appearance from the 1989 version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMMkc-LlOn8&feature=related
  • Options
    IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, looks like a spin-off is going to be made, set 40 years after this film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-woman-black-sequel-angels-death-green-light/
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggyman wrote: »
    Oh dear, looks like a spin-off is going to be made, set 40 years after this film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-woman-black-sequel-angels-death-green-light/

I thought it sounded quite good :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it sounded quite good :p

Initialy i thought why a sequel ?? but now reading what the story is about a young couple inhabiting the house 40 years later sounds quite good ! i hope James Watkins comes back to direct and hopefully with a bigger budget ! and better still please a 15 certficate which the first one should have been all along ! perhaps Arthur could make an appearance as a good ghost and hopefully Liz White as Jennet will get some more film time !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    I think we can talk about it out loud now as everyone would have just about seen it by now

As per the curse she would take the son as revenge for losing hers, but Arthur thwarted her and she let them go towards the pearly gates

In essence Arthur did reunite her and Nathaniel at the end so I guess we could call it a last minute reprieve on her part for Arthur reuniting her and Nathaniel

I thought the ending was quite spiritural and ended the film well but i do think Jennet was determined to get Arthur and there wasnt any good reason on Jennets part for renuiting Arthur with his wife ! hence the sequel in which i think Jennet will return for more revenge !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DVD release confirmed for June 18th
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    DVD release confirmed for June 18th

Hopefully there will be some added material for the DVD realease !