That's why Coronation Street is miles better then Eastenders

ReisOreillyReisOreilly Posts: 299
Forum Member
Don't need to say much but it's not even happened yet but the build up is so good, Coronation street just knows how to pull it off and to put a bit of comedy in it to is so good. Can't wait for the rest of the week

Comments

• ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is just asking for arguments :D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    The rest of the week looks very explosive, this will have repercussions for months to come, it will affect so many people.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a load of crap like it has been for the past few months.
    Only good bit was the cake saying Tracey and Roy.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie is soo shite! ;-)
  • ReisOreillyReisOreilly Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    This thread is just asking for arguments :D

Lol I hope not. Just saying it does it so well. They know how to do drama and in a really good way
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    The rest of the week looks very explosive, this will have repercussions for months to come, it will affect so many people.

No one gives a rats arse about Tina and once the affair comes out even less people will give a two shiny shits.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They said the same about the tram crash. Yet the street was rebuilt within two months and everyone acted like nothing had happened!!

Although this was a good episode.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    Don't need to say much but it's not even happened yet but the build up is so good, Coronation street just knows how to pull it off and to put a bit of comedy in it to is so good. Can't wait for the rest of the week
    EastEnders didn't really have a build up for Lucy's murder because that was the whole point. You find out who killed Tina a few episodes After. EastEnders is a murder Mystery and actually during the aftermath we had light scenes and some good one-liners.

There is no need to make threads like this just to cause arguments.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The episode went at an almighty pace. It didn't even feel like Corrie tbh. I enjoyed it but it was just a little rushed. I felt the build-up up until tonight had been poor so they obviously intended to squeeze all of the drama into this week's episodes.
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    No one gives a rats arse about Tina and once the affair comes out even less people will give a two shiny shits.

Well it will affect Carla, Peter, Rob and Tracy,and Steve and Michelle,whether they care about her or not, her death will leave so many people unhappy.
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say Corrie was great tonight. The storyline wasn't taking over and there was plenty of nice scenes with a variety of different characters. I liked it... The Lucy storyline did start off great on EE but i'm kind of bored of it now and nothing is really keeping me gripped towards it. My opinion will change though as the months go by and the more twists come out :)
    Forum Member
    Tonights episode shows why it is the biggest and best soap ( most of the time,lol lets forget about Hollyoaks winning last night ;))

It trundled along at a fair old pace, finished on a brill scene, I jut wish they would stop showing the 'next time' trailers.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    The episode went at an almighty pace. It didn't even feel like Corrie tbh. I enjoyed it but it was just a little rushed. I felt the build-up up until tonight had been poor so they obviously intended to squeeze all of the drama into this week's episodes.

I agree Corrie is on Monday - Thursday why not just have the death on Thursday, all the build up filling the rest of the week.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonights episode shows why it is the biggest and best soap ( most of the time,lol lets forget about Hollyoaks winning last night ;))

It trundled along at a fair old pace, finished on a brill scene, I jut wish they would stop showing the 'next time' trailers.

I enjoyed both corrie and eastenders tonight.
  • Acejr200Acejr200 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Lol I hope not. Just saying it does it so well. They know how to do drama and in a really good way

Then why feel the need to compare it to EastEnders only? Rather than commenting on how corrie is miles better than another soap, why not just comment on how much you enjoyed the episode instead of feeling the need to belittle the others.

Admittedly, you are not the first and most certainly wont be the last to do so, its just annoying how a lot of threads on here are constantly comparing the soaps against one another for the sake of an argument. If there's a soap you dont like/watch, then IMO there is no need to comment on it.
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed both corrie and eastenders tonight.

well thats great :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I disagree corrie is so dull
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    In the poll I created about who should have won the BSA, Corrie is ranked FOURTH overall. If it's that good more people would have wanted it to win :D
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie is much better than Eastenders...

Eastenders and that funeral music as a theme tune, it would make Mr happy want to slit hs wrists...

And thats just the theme tune, the show itself is a dire misery and shouting fest..
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    In the poll I created about who should have won the BSA, Corrie is ranked FOURTH overall. If it's that good more people would have wanted it to win :D

Polls on here never ever represent what the viewing public think, we are but a tiny dot on the land of soap :) ratings are a good way to see how successful a soap is.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    well thats great :)

I watch both so when threads like this pop up I'm just of the opinion that people can enjoy both or either without the inevitable soap wars lol
This discussion has been closed.