Anybody ever feel they can't post what they really feel.

jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,059
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just come on and found tbat Ashleigh is up.

But I am scared of posting how I feel as I would get in trouble.

Anybody else ever thought the same.

Mainly about BB but also in general

Comments

• PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Why are you upset that scary Ashleigh is up for eviction?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member

It is not that she is up rather than why she is up.
    A case of moving goalposts to save a penalty.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is not so much Asheigh, it is the BBC producers I am up in arms with, I started watching it back in 2000, not missed a year since.

And feel annoyed they can mess around with the programme,

And they gave Helen a free pass, probably because of what she has done, and want to keep Ash in there with her who also grates on me

I do get too involved too engrossed, maybe I need to chillax
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Not really ..........sometimes it's been a bit 'detrimental' to my status in the past but I generally post what I'm feeling.
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    It is not that she is up rather than why she is up.
    A case of moving goalposts to save a penalty.

There was always going to be a twist. Look what happened to Toya. I said a couple of days ago that Ashleigh would be up for eviction.
  • Rapunzal1977Rapunzal1977 Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YUP you get banned! Just back from a 3 day ban for hee haw!!
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not so much Asheigh, it is the BBC producers I am up in arms with, I started watching it back in 2000, not missed a year since.

And feel annoyed they can mess around with the programme,

And they gave Helen a free pass, probably because of what she has done, and want to keep Ash in there with her who also grates on me

I do get too involved too engrossed, maybe I need to chillax
    They ( the producers ) didnt give Helen the pass..Pauline did,unless your saying they told pauline who to pick.
    This twist has nothing to do with Ash being up as he has already been up several times and the truth was Ash was not going anywhere while Steven was in the mix.

I hate this twist and how its been carried out without even the show hosts knowing but it wont stop the obvious of who will go this week so the twist doesnt really matter.

I have no idea why they decided to do this because its never going to change the outcome unless Steven somehow gets pulled out before the eviction.
    Forum Member
    There was always going to be a twist. Look what happened to Toya. I said a couple of days ago that Ashleigh would be up for eviction.

Exactly.

The team of BB Accountants run the statistics/data through the computer and calculate what combinations will create the most revenue. Asleigh has earned them a pretty penny so far one way or another.

As Jessie J once said * It's all about the money- money - money.;-)*
  • JillyAJillyA Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - you can get slated for saying things about HMs other people like. I try to tone it down on occasions so as to not provoke people eg. by calling someone daft rather than thick, intimidating rather than a bully and so on.

We all have our own opinions but some posters do just trawl to say something anti against people who don't like their favourites.

I do not like Helen - she has intimidated other HMs, even some that have left have said this and said that the mood of the house is dictated on the day by what mood Helen is in. I have no problem that she chose to be a prostitute or even that she slept with a certain married footballer. I do however have a problem with her selling the story and also using this back story to get her place in the house.

I like Ashleigh. I think (whatever her age but in particular because of her age) she has been a credible and good housemate. She has taken flack inside the house, had the crowd boo her and when she has had the power (as part of girl power and this week) she has thought strategically. What is wrong with that? The public voted for her to have the power and in the main seem to agree with what she did. Of course, Helen fans won't like it - the same if Helen had the power and put my favourites up I wouldn't like it.

I have no worries about the twist. If anything BB's plan will backfire on them. The feeling of outrage will mean fans will do all they can to ensure Ashleigh does not go, by saving Ash it means the get Ash out vote will more likely switch to the get Steven out vote. Steven goes - one less so called cool kid in to throw nominations towards my favourites.

Mark has probably in a way come off the worst in this. He was playing quite a good game and now looks like a sneaky backstabber! Played it wrong this time. Forgot the public are watching!
  • KabiraKabira Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I say post what you feel ( keep to the t&c's) and you will be fine.

We need more of that on here. There is too much of people just trying to look good and too scared to state their true opinions.

Or they said they are just " the devil's advocate" and that gets boring as well. Not interested in that speak up and shame the devil is what I say.

I like to read people's opinions even if I really disagree with them.

So yes please more of your true heartfelt opinions (to everyone on the forum) .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YUP you get banned! Just back from a 3 day ban for hee haw!!

I get too emotionally involved in this programme.

My Gran who was my life, died in the Summer of 2000' then Big Brother began, and saw it as an escape, from reality sorry about the pun.

I mainly watch it because it reminds me of her.

And I hate what people in charge are doing
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Lets face it BB is nothing like the show it set out to be years ago. We had a great summer show to look forward to with 24/7 hrs of live feed, we got to know the HM's and really make our minds up as to who we liked/or didn't like. Now we get to see one hr of what the muppets think we should see... Time to hit it in the head or start a fresh show with a proper Production/Producer team....I have just posted what I feel.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody & anybody can post how they feel :confused: only, not with the use of expletives ; HM personal abuse - or, unpleasantness/goading towards other Posters..:)

Plenty do, though :D They then, find themselves banned from posting for the Final !!

This will soon become a very scary place :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    They ( the producers ) didnt give Helen the pass..Pauline did,unless your saying they told pauline who to pick.
    This twist has nothing to do with Ash being up as he has already been up several times and the truth was Ash was not going anywhere while Steven was in the mix.

I hate this twist and how its been carried out without even the show hosts knowing but it wont stop the obvious of who will go this week so the twist doesnt really matter.

I have no idea why they decided to do this because its never going to change the outcome unless Steven somehow gets pulled out before the eviction.

Makes you wonder why they did it then.
    Forum Member
    Seymour wrote: »
    Lets face it BB is nothing like the show it set out to be years ago. We had a great summer show to look forward to with 24/7 hrs of live feed, we got to know the HM's and really make our minds up as to who we liked/or didn't like. Now we get to see one hr of what the muppets think we should see... Time to hit it in the head or start a fresh show with a proper Production/Producer team....I have just posted what I feel.

I agree with most of that - the thing is, for years now when the show is over I've said 'well that's me finished - it's not BB anymore - I won't watch again - I'm liberated'.

Every year I'm back here posting.:D

It's a bit sad really - BB has changed almost beyond recognition - I don't think it'll ever go back to what it was - it just can't. The contestants (even the ones that aren't semi pro) play with a different mindset now - you can't create naiviete,

I'd really like to quit my addiction - I am not rally strong enough. There are I think too many like me - therefore - the show keeps going and evolving and the money keeps rolling in.:)
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get too emotionally involved in this programme.

My Gran who was my life, died in the Summer of 2000' then Big Brother began, and saw it as an escape, from reality sorry about the pun.

I mainly watch it because it reminds me of her.

And I hate what people in charge are doing[/QUOTE
    ]
    That's a nice sentiment you have jazzydrurry,yes the old bbs were more viewers orientated.....
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    Not really unless you are concerned by what other posters think of you and as lovely as they all are I am sure, I really am not that bothered :cool:
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes you wonder why they did it then.
    My theory,weak as it is would be this is BB letting housemates know that the only real power in the house belongs to BB.

I dont think it was a last minuite decision because of the way much of it was worded in terms of theres no hiding place ( not even being PHM ) and power leads to lies and corruption so that excuses why they told Ashleigh she would be immune.

It was not to save any particular housemate because then they would have just devised something to save steven from being nominated as he was always going to go this week no matter who he is up against ( other than helen ).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SG-1 wrote: »
    My theory,weak as it is would be this is BB letting housemates know that the only real power in the house belongs to BB.

I dont think it was a last minuite decision because of the way much of it was worded in terms of theres no hiding place ( not even being PHM ) and power leads to lies and corruption so that excuses why they told Ashleigh she would be immune.

It was not to save any particular housemate because then they would have just devised something to save steven from being nominated as he was always going to go this week no matter who he is up against ( other than helen ).

Makes more sense
  • GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just come on and found tbat Ashleigh is up.

But I am scared of posting how I feel as I would get in trouble.

Anybody else ever thought the same.

Mainly about BB but also in general

Are you saying that your right to freedom of speech has been revoked? if so then yes I have had that feeling before :)
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I agree with most of that - the thing is, for years now when the show is over I've said 'well that's me finished - it's not BB anymore - I won't watch again - I'm liberated'.

It's a bit sad really - BB has changed almost beyond recognition - I don't think it'll ever go back to what it was - it just can't. The contestants (even the ones that aren't semi pro) play with a different mindset now - you can't create naiviete,

I'd really like to quit my addiction - I am not rally strong enough. There are I think too many like me - therefore - the show keeps going and evolving and the money keeps rolling in.:)

We are in dire need of a BB Anonymous withdrawal club.:p
  • KabiraKabira Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seymour wrote: »
    We are in dire need of a BB Anonymous withdrawal club.:p

:D

Good idea,I know I can be very strong as I have missed entire series and don't even know the names of the HM's.

I watched BB11 and thought that is it and kept away for ages.

This time I am just missing most of the Highlight shows and BBOTS and just watching some clips or when I see certain parts written about.

I think the forum is harder to give up than the show.:D
  • Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I feel that I can't post how I really feel! I think I've been really polite and reasonable, yet I've already received a warning from DS. I guess I annoyed someone by being a Helen supporter and Ashleigh-disliker. One concept here that puzzles the hell out of me is "baiting". Isn't that what everyone does on other forums? I think some DS-ers use complaints about alleged baiting as a threat. And, of course, some people do it all the time and get away with it.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every year, I stop watching but still keep coming to this forum. The last series I watched all the way through was BB7 and there are a few years (the final couple of C4 years and most of the C5 ones) where I haven't watched more than a handful of episodes and only know what I read on here.
    This year was the year that I finally turned off. I didn't even know when launch night was and managed to avoid BB completely and then I broke my damn ankle, have too much time on my hands and started watching through boredom. Now I'm drawn in but I admit I enjoy the forum far, far more than the actual show.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JillyA wrote: »
    Yes - you can get slated for saying things about HMs other people like. I try to tone it down on occasions so as to not provoke people eg. by calling someone daft rather than thick, intimidating rather than a bully and so on.

We all have our own opinions but some posters do just trawl to say something anti against people who don't like their favourites.

I do not like Helen - she has intimidated other HMs, even some that have left have said this and said that the mood of the house is dictated on the day by what mood Helen is in. I have no problem that she chose to be a prostitute or even that she slept with a certain married footballer. I do however have a problem with her selling the story and also using this back story to get her place in the house.

I like Ashleigh. I think (whatever her age but in particular because of her age) she has been a credible and good housemate. She has taken flack inside the house, had the crowd boo her and when she has had the power (as part of girl power and this week) she has thought strategically. What is wrong with that? The public voted for her to have the power and in the main seem to agree with what she did. Of course, Helen fans won't like it - the same if Helen had the power and put my favourites up I wouldn't like it.

I have no worries about the twist. If anything BB's plan will backfire on them. The feeling of outrage will mean fans will do all they can to ensure Ashleigh does not go, by saving Ash it means the get Ash out vote will more likely switch to the get Steven out vote. Steven goes - one less so called cool kid in to throw nominations towards my favourites.

Mark has probably in a way come off the worst in this. He was playing quite a good game and now looks like a sneaky backstabber! Played it wrong this time. Forgot the public are watching!

How can a plan backfire when it was the point of the plan in the first place?

They have achieved all they wanted.
    Anger and therefore more votes coming in.
    Renewed conflict in the house to make the HL show.

Just look at the HL shows this week since Ashleigh was PH. Completely focused on her and the "plotting".
    BB creating a "group" when the HM were incapable of doing that themselves.

The producers are working with what they have. The fact is Ashleigh and the other females have not been "Xena warrior princess" standing up for all that is good.
    The men don't even figure.

Whoever was given the pass to the final automatically created the "evil" side, it's not the producers fault that the presumed "good" side is nothing of the sort.
This discussion has been closed.