Options

Bulldog Advice Needed

God Iam so wound up with this firm I hope sombody on here can tell me what to do next.

I will try and make this short....

In January I ordered 4MB Broadband, I confirmed that the 4mb was available in my area and "yes" was the reply. I paid them £60 for installation and a week later I got an email stating "Our initial tests performed on your line indicate that you will be able to receive the service that you ordered from us: Bulldog Super@ctive DIP." they eventually installed it in April after 2 no shows, with no apology.

It then took them a further 5 weeks to activate the line.

I tested the line and found it was 2MB, eventually got through to technical services who told me that beacause I was too far from the exchange I have been downgraded to this service (nobody informed me of this prior to the downgrade)

Told them, this was not what I ordered and would be no good for me as I already had a 3MB connection with my current ISP.

I asked them to cancel the account which they agreed to do so long as I didn't use either the broadband or telco service, which i didn't.

They agrred to refund me my £60 install fee.

1 month later Bill for £46.55 WTF and still no Install refund, manged to get through to customer circus who said i would have to put it in writing and give them 30 days notice so i did this

got an email back stating that account as been cancelled as of 17th June but no mention of my refund phoned and emailed several times chasing

1 month later Bill for £23

I phoned and emailed so many times that I gave up in the end, and put it down to a lesson learnt.

tonight I have received another bill for £22.64 WTF

spent 55 mins on the phone trying to get through with no joy.

This firm is really P1SSING me off and I want my money back.

Why should I have to pay for somthing that didn't work as it should or for somthing that I never used.

Sorry fo the long rant

Comments

• Options
    BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get on to OFCOM, as they would still be interested in them

Also contact BBC watchdog programme on: 020 8535 1000
  • Options
    m691m691 Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Are you using a BT or Cable and wireless line to use your services?

Maybe you got it wrong as the BT network in some areas only go up to 2MB, the Cable and Wireless network goes much further.

You may wish to write to the Cable and Wireless Headquaters in London were they really do take complaints and matters of such problems seriously, then get in touch with Ofcom on 0845-714-5000 or contact@ofcom.org.uk

If your using a BT line, then it might be BT's fault that they have not informed Cable and Wireless Bulldog that your area isn't capable of going further than 2MB on the BT network.

When contacting ofcom:

1. Include your name,address,contact details.
    2. Account Number(s) and telephone numbers.
    3. Full details of problems your experiencing.
    4. Inform ofcom that you've already approached Bulldog.

I wouldn't change to another provider yet, leave it for a further 6 to 12 months as they could be even worse, Tiscali is by far the worst!