Options

Talksport Chat (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio_fan wrote: »
    Hallelujah! I never thought I'd say that, but compared to what we have had lately it is a welcome return. I heard Ian Collins mention it last night, but didn't know when it was going to be on.

Great that Jud's coming back to Talksport, pity it's only for one night a week but maybe that can change once his loyal following hear about it and make the show great again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of good news there, especially when it comes to George Galloway.

Great to see the Rugby Show is coming back, I really enjoyed listening to it in its run between 2007/08 until it was axed in favour of the Sports Bar. :(

I wonder who will be presenting/co-hosting it this time around? I can't see Rhodri Williams coming back and we haven't heard Will Carling for a while either. Nevertheless it should be a good listen, coinciding with the start of the Premiership and Magners League season.

A Cricket Show on a Sunday night should be good as well, although with Pakistan's tour of England and the county cricket season winding down, I can't see it being a permanent thing, rather just another stop gap show. Which reminds me...

Congratulations to Jack Bannister on his 80th birthday today. Many happy returns. :)

Yes good that cricket and rugby are to be featured on the station, far too much football in my view, I'm not into either but millions of people are so they SHOULD be catered for. Now to just get rid of Fordy on nights and we're somewhere back on track, still not perfect but with Moz in charge it's the best we can hope for.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Yes good that cricket and rugby are to be featured on the station, far too much football in my view, I'm not into either but millions of people are so they SHOULD be catered for. Now to just get rid of Fordy on nights and we're somewhere back on track, still not perfect but with Moz in charge it's the best we can hope for.

Yes good news regarding Galloway, it's a start anyway.

Regarding Matt Forde Irani must be thinking " yyeeesss the station have employed a worst presenter than me".
  • Options
    4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    More schedule news, this time for Bank Holiday Monday....

00:00 Matt Forde
    06:00 The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast
    10:00 Mike Graham & Mike Parry
    13:00 Jason Cundy
    16:00 Drive with Ian Danter & Micky Quinn
    19:00 Kick-Off with Danny Kelly & Stan Collymore
    22:00-01:00 The Late Show with Ian Collins

And next week, Andy Jacobs appears to be off, so it's either Micky Quinn or Andy Goldstein alongside Paul Hawksbee on the 13:00-16:00 slot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    please god not andy goldstein!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please god not ANY of them bar Parry, Graham, Dants, Kelly and Collins.
  • Options
    497103497103 Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Cundy... On his own....:eek:

Edit: For three whole hours...:eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Galloway!

about time. What a relief.
  • Options
    Lightning T5Lightning T5 Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Yes good news regarding Galloway, it's a start anyway.

Regarding Matt Forde Irani must be thinking " yyeeesss the station have employed a worst presenter than me".
    Hang on, is Matt Forde not iin Mike Graham's old overnight slot, so there will be a handover between George Galloway and Matt Forde, I really hope Galloway gives Fordey what he deserves if he goes on about how great Blair was at the handover:D, MG and George Galloway also used to have a great respect for each other at the handover, despite having starkly differant point of view. Then again, GG may just think, go easy on the kid
    Galloway!

about time. What a relief.

His back, and about time too:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If George Galloway is coming back to do Friday nights between 10pm & 1am what was the point of finishing him in the first place?. We know he had to take leave while the general election was on that's fair enough but why did they then make it public he wouldn't be coming back under the same circumstances.
    I find this very baffling, he now only needs his old Saturday slot and he's back just as he was before, do you think Moz has miraculously realised the night-time shows on Talksport are suddenly substandard?, I'd have George on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights 10pm to 1pm, bring Mike Graham back during the week for the overnight shows and get Jonny Gould in to do the Saturday & Sunday overnight shows.

Who agree and who disagrees and let's get some debate going on this thread.
  • Options
    Lightning T5Lightning T5 Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If George Galloway is coming back to do Friday nights between 10pm & 1am what was the point of finishing him in the first place?. We know he had to take leave while the general election was on that's fair enough but why did they then make it public he wouldn't be coming back under the same circumstances.
    I find this very baffling, he now only needs his old Saturday slot and he's back just as he was before, do you think Moz has miraculously realised the night-time shows on Talksport are suddenly substandard?, I'd have George on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights 10pm to 1pm, bring Mike Graham back during the week for the overnight shows and get Jonny Gould in to do the Saturday & Sunday overnight shows.

I agree that George Galloway's show should have just have been suspended over the election, then he could have resummed broadcasting after the election period was over. At least he has his old Friday night 10:00pm-1:00am slot back, now he just needs his old Saturday slot back and possibly even Sunday Night slot, if not Ian Collins should have it returned to him, the Sports Bar shouldn't be there until 12:00am midnight. I also agree with you about having Jonney Guold replace Matt Forde on the Saturday-Monday early mornings 1:00am-6:00am slot, however I'm not sure about Mike Graham doing weeknights overnights through. As much as I love listening to him doing the overnights show, I think with the mid-mornings show with Mike Parry, it's too late too move him back to overnights. It's what MG does best and I agree he should never have been moved over to mid mornings in the first place, but moving him back would pull the plug on Duncan Barkes where I think he is starting to make progress taking over Adrian Goldberg's old slot, but maybe Duncan Barkes should be superseeded on weekday overnights by MG, but I don't see if it would really boast the quality of the scheudule up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that George Galloway's show should have just have been suspended over the election, then he could have resummed broadcasting after the election period was over. At least he has his old Friday night 10:00pm-1:00am slot back, now he just needs his old Saturday slot back and possibly even Sunday Night slot, if not Ian Collins should have it returned to him, the Sports Bar shouldn't be there until 12:00am midnight. I also agree with you about having Jonney Guold replace Matt Forde on the Saturday-Monday early mornings 1:00am-6:00am slot, however I'm not sure about Mike Graham doing weeknights overnights through. As much as I love listening to him doing the overnights show, I think with the mid-mornings show with Mike Parry, it's too late too move him back to overnights. It's what MG does best and I agree he should never have been moved over to mid mornings in the first place, but moving him back would pull the plug on Duncan Barkes where I think he is starting to make progress taking over Adrian Goldberg's old slot, but maybe Duncan Barkes should be superseeded on weekday overnights by MG, but I don't see if it would really boast the quality of the scheudule up

Well I know always agreeing doesn't create great debate on forums but I have to agree, Duncan Barkes IS now showing good signs of drastic improvement so maybe you are right there T5 about leaving him where he is and keeping MG Graham with Porky. One thing is certain that dreadful unfunny comedian at the weekend needs a size 9 up his jacksie to help him on his way.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have George on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights 10pm to 1pm, bring Mike Graham back during the week for the overnight shows and get Jonny Gould in to do the Saturday & Sunday overnight shows.

I'm not disagreeing with you as such Billy, but I think the prospect of getting Jonny Gould to do weekend overnights on a permanent basis is very unlikely.

As another poster who is more informed than me about these matters said on this thread a little while back, Jonny has a few business interests - notably his Sportsmedia broadcasting agency, which supplies numerous radio stations with sports bulletins and reports - which might prevent him from committing to presenting shows at an unsocial hour week in, week out; albeit it seems as though he's happy to fill in on the odd show here and there.

On the subject of Jonny filling in on talkSPORT, over in the Radio Football Commentators and Reporters thread, 4-4-2 has posted that Jonny will be sitting in for Andy Goldstein on The Sports Bar on Saturday 11th September. It should be interesting to hear where he goes with that format, to say the least.
  • Options
    Radio_fanRadio_fan Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    That sounds like a good schedule to me Billy244. If Jonny Gould has other commitments, 2 overnights at the weekend shouldn't be out of the question. Do you think anyone in management at TalkSPORT reads these forums? They certainly don't respond to emails.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio_fan wrote: »
    That sounds like a good schedule to me Billy244. If Jonny Gould has other commitments, 2 overnights at the weekend shouldn't be out of the question. Do you think anyone in management at TalkSPORT reads these forums? They certainly don't respond to emails.

Hi Radio_fan!
    It is beyond comprehension that no one at Talksport Radio comes on this forum and reads these comments, I am absolutely positive that they will. I would doubt Moz Dee does regrettably as he probably feels he's above such websites but the presenters will be popping in and out all the time I would guess just to see what we are writing about them, not just this website of course but all the websites concerning Talksport. So Ronnie your terrible mate no doubt abarrrt it, Matt will you stick to trying to make people laugh in clubs and Andy, well just find something else although I appreciate it will be hard.
  • Options
    FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Classic Henk this morning - Henk and Alan discussing Henk going out for a 'ruby' and Ronnie mentioning he likes curries, Henk says something like 'feel free not to come by, I'll have security upped' or similar...then rubbed Ronnie's face in it by regaling all about the 'old days' with Porky and Boozio on the lash with him...

Henk doesn't like Ronnie at all, and Ronnie plays a desperate gooseberry when he's on...
  • Options
    LloydChristmasLloydChristmas Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I'm going to come out and say it. I like Ronnie more than Alan. It never used to be the case, but I do think Ronnie has improved his style, while Alan has gone downhill. Too many snide remarks, no-shows and non-existent research for my liking.

I think the World Cup coverage was the making of Ronnie and the end of Alan.

There, I've said it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to come out and say it. I like Ronnie more than Alan. It never used to be the case, but I do think Ronnie has improved his style, while Alan has gone downhill. Too many snide remarks, no-shows and non-existent research for my liking.
    There, I've said it.

Just how many usernames have you got Mr Bola?, for Christ's sake we can all see through the disguise man, get a grip will you. To be serious okay Lloyd you've done the hardest part and 'come out' it must have taken tremendous courage to go public like this and I admire you for doing it. But please will you do something for me, go and get counselling as soon as you can, will you?, will you?, will you please do that for me?. There are people out there trained in this type of psychic illness and can help.

We're all with you Lloyd, all with you.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There, I've said it.

And to think when Ronnie first appeared on the sports breakfast show i took a lot of flak for sticking up for him,it now appears he is coming good and people are now coming around to my view that Ronnie is not a bad bloke/presenter after all.:)
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Classic Henk this morning - Henk and Alan discussing Henk going out for a 'ruby' and Ronnie mentioning he likes curries, Henk says something like 'feel free not to come by, I'll have security upped' or similar...then rubbed Ronnie's face in it by regaling all about the 'old days' with Porky and Boozio on the lash with him...

Henk doesn't like Ronnie at all, and Ronnie plays a desperate gooseberry when he's on...

Yes l heard that,sadly those "old days" have long gone.if l do listen in its normally for Henks spot but doesn't take long before one or both get on my tits and l switch channel,like this morning asking people to ring in suggesting chat up lines for the moose WTF is that all they can come up with.Brazil has now hit rock bottom as a presenter if its not on the back page of the red tops he oblivious of anything to do with football.Roll on 1 o'clock at least H&J both pay to go to support their football clubs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to think when Ronnie first appeared on the sports breakfast show i took a lot of flak for sticking up for him,it now appears he is coming good and people are now coming around to my view that Ronnie is not a bad bloke/presenter after all.:)

Oh my God we're getting a clinic full of them, call out for assistance the men in white coats can't cope. :D Actually it's great for stirring up debate so all you Ronnie fans out there get posting and stick up for the guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old oak wrote: »
    Yes l heard that,sadly those "old days" have long gone.if l do listen in its normally for Henks spot but doesn't take long before one or both get on my tits and l switch channel,like this morning asking people to ring in suggesting chat up lines for the moose WTF is that all they can come up with.Brazil has now hit rock bottom as a presenter if its not on the back page of the red tops he oblivious of anything to do with football.Roll on 1 o'clock at least H&J both pay to go to support their football clubs.

Missed Henk today as I couldn't stand the thought of tuning into 'those two' this morning, but I've long held the view that the dissing of Irani by Henk is not just playing around, I reckon Potts really has some kind of dislike towards the parrot.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To me there's no question about Ronnie not being a decent bloke - I've never subscribed to the Billy school of thought about him being a "bully" towards Moose (have you heard him in the final hour of Goldie's show? With his sheer arrogance at times he brings on a lot of the flak that comes his way himself for my money) or things like that.

The more relevant question is, is he a particularly good presenter? Now I have never particularly disliked the guy and he's doesn't particularly bother me, but to be brutally honest I don't think he's that cut out for co-presenting a national radio sports breakfast show.

I did like him on the version of The Cricket Show he did with Andy Jacobs a few years back though, so I wouldn't mind hearing him in a smaller/more-cricket specific role, but I wouldn't shed a tear if he left the breakfast show, no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any pathological hatred of Irani Difference and to be honest off the top of my head I can't remember posting saying he was bullying Abrahams, maybe I did and have forgotten but anyway as you say Abrahams deserves it most of the time. My issues with Ronnie are simple, he's not suited to radio broadcasting, he's out of his depth lecturing us every morning on football, he's a cricketer and if he should be doing anything on radio he should be covering cricket, preferably back in Bolton on their local radio station where I can't hear it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is your football team Dif if you don't mind me asking, are you willing to tell or are you going to "do a Beaky" on us. :D
This discussion has been closed.