N-Dubz rapper Dappy found guilty of affray and assault

yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a451731/n-dubz-rapper-dappy-found-guilty-of-affray-and-assault.html

Dappy has been found guilty of affray and one count of assault by beating after an altercation at a Surrey petrol station on February 28 last year.

The musician was cleared of two other counts of common assault when the verdict was read out at Guildford Crown Court today (January 17).

The 25-year-old - real name Costadinos Contostavlos - had been accused of spitting in the direction of 19-year-olds Grace Cochran and Serena Burton on the Shell forecourt on Woodbridge Road, Guilford before an altercation with bystander David Jenkins, who had intervened.

The rapper was charged with two counts of common assault on Cochran and Burton, one count of assaulting Jenkins by beating - which involved him spitting at him - and one charge of affray.

The N-Dubz star was cleared of the charges of assault against the two women, but guilty of the latter two offences.

The case was adjourned by Neil Stewart for the preparation of pre-sentence reports.

Dappy and Kieran Vassell, 25, of Hammersmith, West London - who was also found guilty of affray as a result of the incident - will be sentenced on February 15.

Both have been released on unconditional bail until this date.

The court was told that Dappy had attempted to persuade Cochran and Burton to come into his car, but they instead ridiculed him.

Dappy denied attempting to chat up the girls, instead claiming that he spoke to them only to promote his new single.

He then alleged to have spat at, but missed, the two girls - but he was found not guilty of these common assault charges.

After Jenkins intervened, Dappy spat at Jenkins, and the court heard that saliva with a DNA link to the musician was found on his T-shirt.

Jenkins then put Dappy in a headlock, prompting Dappy's companions to join the altercation.

The court heard that several of Jenkins's teeth were broken in the fight, while two other men also suffered facial injuries.

Dappy had been tried with Vassell, and Kalonji Stewart, 32, of Harborne, Birmingham, who were both charged with affray.

Vassell was found guilty, but Stewart was found not guilty.

28-year-old Alfred Miller of Brentford, West London, had already pleaded guilty to the charge of affray, but his case was adjourned for sentencing until the end of this trial.

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    And what your views on that?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »
    And what your views on that?

:D
    my views are that Dappy is a bit of a plank, spitting at ladies, dirty little oik
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he also not send a text to a lass saying he was going to kill her. He looks and seems to be a vile little piece of work.

He is like one of those blokes that tries to act the big man.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    I knew his ego will bite back at end.

I fear if his sentencing would be light cos of his "celeb" :(
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrid little scrote. :p

He has a face I'd never tire of slapping.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, now put him in jail so we never have to hear from the little rat ever again.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a paragon of virtue he is for his kids.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how long it will be before we see the obligatory story sold by the two "ladies" in a bikini clad pose follwoed by a slot on Celebrity Big Brother.

And what are you famous for my dear " oh I was spat at by Dappy hee hee hee "
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will be before we see the obligatory story sold by the two "ladies" in a bikini clad pose follwoed by a slot on Celebrity Big Brother.

Sunday, in one of the tabloids. Dappy is an absolute git (spitting at anyone is a total taboo in my eyes), but none of the parties come out of all this particularly well.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just the ladies then? What about the male victim who had several teeth broken in the melee? You think this is about money?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Just the ladies then? What about the male victim who had several teeth broken in the melee? You think this is about money?

From the ladies point of view , probably .

I was not commenting on the actual crime which has been dealt with by the courts appropriately , but the aftermath

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260146/N-Dubz-Dappy-trial-witnesses-planned-sell-story-grand-send---series-online-messages.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

In one Twitter posting an unidentified user sent a tweet to Miss Cochran about Dappy, including the message: 'Send the c*** down.'

Miss Cochran replied: 'Hahaha in the process.'

In a BBM message, sent on Monday evening, Miss Burton said to Miss Cochran: 'hahaha oh my f***. Someone's dad works in media.

'He told her that apparently we can get like a grand for that kind of story from The Sun or something.'

She added: 'Let's ring them tomorrow when we leave court to be fair.'

In another message read to the court, Miss Burton said: 'Didn't they say we can do what we want when the trial is over?

'Let's literally ring Heat and stuff and get rich and sell our story

Asked at at the hearing yesterday at Guildford Crown Court why she had said that, Miss Cochran replied: 'I think we are both 19-year-old girls. Any attention is good attention
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D He certainly is a worthless Chav isn't he?! Although don't condone violence at that would make us as bad as him.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was not commenting on the actual crime which has been dealt with by the courts appropriately , but the aftermath

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260146/N-Dubz-Dappy-trial-witnesses-planned-sell-story-grand-send---series-online-messages.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

In one Twitter posting an unidentified user sent a tweet to Miss Cochran about Dappy, including the message: 'Send the c*** down.'

In a BBM message, sent on Monday evening, Miss Burton said to Miss Cochran: 'hahaha oh my f***. Someone's dad works in media.

'He told her that apparently we can get like a grand for that kind of story from The Sun or something.'

In another message read to the court, Miss Burton said: 'Didn't they say we can do what we want when the trial is over?

Asked at at the hearing yesterday at Guildford Crown Court why she had said that, Miss Cochran replied: 'I think we are both 19-year-old girls. Any attention is good attention

They THINK they are 19 yr old girls?! Jesus they really are brain dead!!! :D
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now we know why he always wore that stupid hat. With a head shaped like Herman Munsters any hat would be a welcome addition to ones wardrobe.

What a sorry little tit he is.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    pathetic wanna be gangsta

well we'll see how hard he is in nick when hes Biffos wife
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    :D He certainly is a worthless Chav isn't he?! Although don't condone violence at that would make us as bad as him.

I don't condone violence either normally, but in his case I'd make an exception.....;)
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

QFT :p
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apologies. I wasn't aware of those details.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Sad thing is, he's actually a really lovely guy. I've met him 3 times, he recognised me the 3rd time and invited me onto the tour bus. We had a tour, took some pictures and we ate some food - He made a 16 year old girl's night. But yep, it doesn't excuse what he's done - Just putting it out there how lovely he was to me :)
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if someone went up, lamped him and filmed it, would it be referred to as a 'Dappy Slapping'?
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to call him 'Crappy'.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I like to call him 'Crappy'.

How very inventive of you.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    :D
    my views are that Dappy is a bit of a plank, spitting at ladies, dirty little oik

Spitting at the girls is the charge he was acquitted of. No doubt that was because of the girls' tweets as mentioned, which cast doubt on their credibility.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Spitting at the girls is the charge he was acquitted of. No doubt that was because of the girls' tweets as mentioned, which cast doubt on their credibility.

:o sorry I have seen that now, only skimmed article before. Hadn't seen the girls tweets either, they sound a right pair. They all sound idiots to me, I did have to laugh at Dappy's defence that he 'was talking to the girls to promote his single' :D maybe he was but just sounded funny. He looked really gaunt in those court pictures. I'm not keen on him but hope he's ok as he looked quite ill
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    At least he probably wont be releasing any new music for a while.