Options

Is it just me or does anyone else on here really LOVE Carla Connor?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, find her a bit boring with Peter though.
  • Options
    MissLcMissLc Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »

Totally agree with this. Shes lost much of her spark since being paired with Peter.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    MissLc wrote: »
    Totally agree with this. Shes lost much of her spark since being paired with Peter.

Yeah I agree too, she does seem to be getting there slowly but surely though.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE Carla! One of my favourite characters on the Street. I think the reason I love her so much is that Alison King plays her so convincingly. I think Alison is one of the strongest actors in the cast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    I absolute LOVE Carla. My favourite on the street. Coronation street wouldn't be the same without her :) Alison King plays her so well who i love too and totally agree with davey wavey Alison is one of the best actors if not the best :)
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I have never really liked her as a character. I think she is hard-nosed and I don't like the people she hangs out with, except Peter.
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wouldnt say i love her but i do like her character, however i would LOVE to see her maternal side though once she had her own baby - everyones quick to slate her just cause shes an independent business woman but many women dont show maternal feelings until they have actually given birth to their own child. Much prefer her with Peter too and slumming it at the Barlows them scenes are great :D
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Carla. She's played brilliantly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I like her as long as she doesnt speak. Annoying voice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    OMG seen what you done there, sorry but how can anyone hate carla connor

Just thought I'd even the hate out on this forum ;)

Glad so many agree!
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    clwise wrote: »
    I've got to admit after being a leanne fan I'm siding more with carla,,, I've disliked carla since the days with maria and liam but I have to say I'm warming to her a lot more nowadays. Going off leanne mor and more,,especialy the episode last week when she was gloating about selling her share,, I kept thinking "shut up leanne!!"

Can't fault you on this :cool: Carla is one of the best characters in Corrie and I love her and Peter :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    What impresses me most is Alison King herself. She is, in my opinion, the best actor/actress out of any of the four soaps. A phenomenal actress. It is merely a bonus that Carla herself is such an ingenius creation.
  • Options
    worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    It's refreshing to see a child-free female character in a soap, we get several gay characters in one soap yet women without children are 20-25% of the population yet you'd never think it watching soaps. I hope the writers don't resort to lazy writing and make her pregnant, it would completely ruin her character and there are more than enough sprogs on the street anyway.

On another note, Alison King will always be Lynda Block to me. :)
  • Options
    yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joining in to say how much I LOVE Carla too! :)

I could not agree more with everyone's comments regarding Alison King. She really is absolutely brilliant. Over the years, the writers have given her so many emotional/dramatic/time consuming storylines and in the process, they have actually revealed so many different layers to Carla. Alison makes it look effortless, but her portrayal of Carla has been exceptional.
    IMO, she also has tremendous on screen presence, where she can steal a scene without actually saying anything.

I do LOVE her with Peter but I enjoy watching all her relationships/friendships. Not just with the men in her life but with Maria, Michelle, Leanne and Hayley too. These relationships have all been interesting and brilliant to watch. Now that her brother is back in her life and their relationship is definitely becoming more complex, I'm hoping we get to find out more about Carla and Rob's childhood at some stage.
    Basically, I could go on and on about how brilliant Carla/Alison King is but I would be here all night.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla is the most formidable woman in soap! Alison King is pretty darn hot too. ;) I know she has a different natural accent but, if I met her, I would want her to do Carla's voice! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epic_fail wrote: »
    What impresses me most is Alison King herself. She is, in my opinion, the best actor/actress out of any of the four soaps. A phenomenal actress. It is merely a bonus that Carla herself is such an ingenius creation.

100% agree.
    Carla is the most formidable woman in soap! Alison King is pretty darn hot too. ;) I know she has a different natural accent but, if I met her, I would want her to do Carla's voice! :o

Agreed and so would I!!:D
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Carla Connor, she brings glamour and character to the street. Being a shrewd business woman, a female Mike Baldwin in fact, the street would be much poorer if she left.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Long live Queen Carla!
  • Options
    ChasingSunraysChasingSunrays Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Love her. Carla is my favourite soap character! :)