• Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Neil Ruddock
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Bublé is another who I get creeped out by, yet he is very popular.

I know it's mean, but child acts on talent shows come across as creepy sometimes too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Watching the section in Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle about rappers and Asher?/Asha? (not sure of the spelling) is a good antidote to that!:D

Stewart Lee makes me shudder. I think he has like a persistent perverted sneer.
    And Richard Herring. This one looks to me as if he could suddenly smilingly strangle you. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    The children acts scare me too. :eek:
  • Options
    soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    RiverM wrote: »
    the guy that played that frank foster on corrie and Marilyn Manson

The thing about Manson is that out of character he is reputedly a pleasant, soft-spoken and thoughtful man.

A bit like Alice Cooper who is a devout Christian, likes gardening and quiz shows, and has been known to indulge in the occasional quiet round of golf.

People are funny.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The late Irish Prime Minister Charles Haughey. Even before he was exposed
    as a bribe-taking, tax dodging crook, his face reminded me of a vulture's :

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/terry-keane-interview-left-a-chill-at-abbeville-26855317.html

Agree, a vile abuser not only of his office but people as well
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The id wrote: »

Current UK Government 2013...all Creepy

Sad :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The children acts scare me too. :eek:

I'm really creeped out by the little girl on the Oreo cookie advert. She seems to have the mannerisms of an adult. I keep thinking of that Orphan movie when a woman tricks people into thinking she's a little girl :eek:
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    Ray Reardon - snooker player lol
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewart Lee makes me shudder. I think he has like a persistent perverted sneer.

It takes a certain subtlety, sophistication, intelligence and patience to 'get' Stewart Lee.
  • Options
    HermioneHermione Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I'm really creeped out by the little girl on the Oreo cookie advert. She seems to have the mannerisms of an adult. I keep thinking of that Orphan movie when a woman tricks people into thinking she's a little girl :eek:

Yes, I totally agree with this!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    It takes a certain subtlety, sophistication, intelligence and patience to 'get' Stewart Lee.

I was referring only to his physical appearance...
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I utterly detest the 'cute' old beyond their years approch to kids in ads. Also the wee girls voice sounds almost muffled as if they have added some moe filters to make it cuter!

Another one I havent seen mentioned so far: Iggy Pop
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fascinating thread. Thanks OP!

Mostly agree with everyone nominated and also find Russell Brand, Angelina Jolie, Rolf Harris and Prince quite repulsive and creepy.

I also get the creeps when I see Jeremy Kyle. There's an awful naked greed about him and I suspect he is a bit odd.

Ken Livingstone is also beyond creepy. I had to work with him once and that simply confirmed my suspicions. He IS creepy!
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree, a vile abuser not only of his office but people as well

Absolutely true. :mad:
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    soundcheck wrote: »
    The thing about Manson is that out of character he is reputedly a pleasant, soft-spoken and thoughtful man.

A bit like Alice Cooper who is a devout Christian, likes gardening and quiz shows, and has been known to indulge in the occasional quiet round of golf.

People are funny.

Yeah. It was the same when Public Enemy Number 1 Johnny Rotten went on radio to reveal himself as thoughtful, funny, and-GASP!- a fan of the prog-rock band Van Der Graaf Generator.
  • Options
    The idThe id Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Sad :rolleyes:

...but true..all creeps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

It's even weirder when you find out they're about 11 instead of 5. Creepy :eek:
  • Options
    MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been a few mentions that most of the creepy celebrities are men. So I've thought of a creepy female celebrity....

Anita Dobson

Her public persona is overly sweet and kindly. She smiles a lot, but not with the (heavily mascaraed) eyes. You just have to feel that underneath she is hard-as-nails and very driven. The effect is exacerbated knowing about her, shall we say, "stormy" personal life.

Lots of the creepy celebrities are comedians. Comedians often develop exaggerated personas as part of their act. All the creepy celebrities have a front which does not seem to match up with what their personalities actually seem to be like.

Sometimes the creepiness is due to a friendly front covering up an apparently unpleasant character. But the most creepy of all are those whose front seems to be a cover for having no discernible character (or else a very shallow one) - there seems to be a void where the personality should be!

That's what makes David Walliams (and similarly Ken Dodd) creepy imho.

PS If this thread were done 20 years ago, I reckon lots of people would have put Kenneth Williams on the list. But then his diaries were published, which were so amazingly written and self-aware, that Kenneth was transformed from comedy movie oddball into tortured artist. Perhaps if some of these creepy celebrities could write like him and have their diaries published, people would stop seeing them as being creepy.
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'll get kicked from one end of the thread to the other for this, but.......

Daniel Craig.

There's just something about him that makes me cringe.

His Bond "pout" is also one of the campest things I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the most creepy of all are those whose front seems to be a cover for having no discernible character (or else a very shallow one) - there seems to be a void where the personality should be!

That's what makes David Walliams (and similarly Ken Dodd) creepy imho.

Jimmy Savile fell into that category.
  • Options
    MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Savile fell into that category.
    Definitely. But with hindsight he was being deliberately deceptive with his persona, in order to manipulate people into believing he was a bumbling eccentric, harmless celibate sort of character... Which celebrities do you find sinister? Jimmy Savile!
    I know I'll get kicked from one end of the thread to the other for this, but.......

Daniel Craig.

There's just something about him that makes me cringe.

His Bond "pout" is also one of the campest things I've ever seen.

Haven't seen his films. I know he got slated by the media when he did the PR when he first got the Bond role. They basically all thought he was uninspiring and boring and diffident. Then the film came out and everyone raved about him. He just seems like an actor who doesn't want to do the showbiz thing or let anyone know what he's like as a person. I don't think he's creepy.
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anthea Turner. there's something really cold and fake about her, like a robot.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Dale Winton.

It's his looming stature and the fact, as he ages, that he's beginning more and more to resemble a heavily made up corpse
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Bill Oddie
    Seth MacFarlene
    Bill Bailey
    Paul Merton
    Angus Deayton