Options

~ | Caroline Flack & Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Thread | ~

Comments

• Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    hmmm..... think Caroline is strongly hinting at Armageddon as well...so rumba to Aerosmith's 'I don't wanna miss a thing ' .... should be brilliant ... :D:D:D

Cant wait .... :D:D

http://instagram.com/p/t0tiUjDDqN/
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    hmmm..... think Caroline is strongly hinting at Armageddon as well...so rumba to Aerosmith's 'I don't wanna miss a thing ' .... should be brilliant ... :D:D:D

it will be brilliant, and I love that song too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peppy5 wrote: »
    Have just caught up with the weekend - loved their tango, best of the night, agree with others who have said it seemed under marked in comparison to other dances. Room to grow though, and already looking forward to a Kovalev rumba, what a treat!

Hope wardrobe can design a rumba dress for Caroline that she's comfortable with, but which also shows off her great legs and doesn't hide the hip action!

I see Armageddon has been suggested as their movie theme - Aerosmith ?(I don't wanna miss a thing) though that was used quite recently by karen and Nicky I think.

Thanks to all, especially KA, for all the pics, links and videos, lots to catch up on.:)

Hopefully we'll get some pics from the Pride of Britain awards tonight.

found pics from POB of the others that went but not pasha, he's being elusive again!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    found pics from POB of the others that went but not pasha, he's being elusive again!!

Typical.... !!!!! ... >:(:(:cry::p

Thankfully we have at least one pic thanks to Alison..... :D
    He looks lush .... :blush::blush:

https://twitter.com/AlisonHammond2/status/519207999173574657/photo/1/large
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aerosmith could be great,although it seems a bit early in their dance partnership to have that really meaningful connection for a Rumba....but maybe my attitude is coloured by the experience of watching Chelsee and our boy.

Mind you,given the way the Producers are allegedly mucking with the song choices,we could get this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Tkx6BgRFE :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jimbooooo ....... :o:o:(:(:cry:cry:

Although I think the other side is.... BBC is too lazy and would rather recycle a song ... ie hurrah for Aerosmith ... :D:p:D

Chasha is my favouritest !!! ever .... and their rumba was really special... but I think Caroline has proven she is mature enough and can act the dance out on top of her natural musicality etc.... so all round ... should be fantastic ... :D
  • Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

Thanks for all links yesterday, esp pic of Pasha, Aljaz, Anton and Alison, thanks to the latter for posting the pic.:)
    Whilst I love the above song and it would be fab for a rumba indeed, I wonder, like Peppy, if it would be used so soon again.
    Lol Jim to your link,:p though agree with you, the way things are going...:o Did read somewhere about possible sabotage towards one or two couples what with inappropriate song and costume choices. Certainly hope not, but...
    Apart from Nat and Sunetra's dresses on Saturday, the rest weren't great and certainly not like previous years. Loved the colour of Caroline's, but the style could have been better. For me, the best dressed female celeb was Rachel Stevens, so many of her outfits were gorgeous.
    Anyway, looking forward to seeing Pasha and Caroline on ITT tonight.:D
  • Options
    GeorgousgeorgeGeorgousgeorge Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blast!!!!! Really don't like that Aerosmith song, I hope it's something else!!!! Caroline feeling emotional.............................Pasha must be doing a good job.
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blast!!!!! Really don't like that Aerosmith song, I hope it's something else!!!! Caroline feeling emotional.............................Pasha must be doing a good job.

I don't mind it, but it has been used in the last couple of years - not that I can actually remember anything about Karen and Nicky's rumba. There must be lots of other options for movie themed rumba music? (not that I can think of any of the top of my head) I guess we'll hear on ITT tonight.

Anya has replied to Caroline's tweet about being 'emoshhh'

@carolineflack1 I have a good feeling about it ;) xx

Good enough for me!:)
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GeorgousgeorgeGeorgousgeorge Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't really like the interviews at this stage.................too short, about 2/3 minutes, and although I quite like Zoe, I wish she would change her questions......................".What's required in a Rumba.......................? (or whatever way she asked it........). Bloody hell..............that must have been asked a thousand times.

I am delighted to see that Caroline is loving the music, so if it is Aerosmith................at least she will be feeling it!!!!!

Looking forward to some training updates and nice comments from Karen tonight!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Screencaps of Pasha and Caroline on ITT
    HERE :)
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of my fave songs from Aerosmith (though i only know that one by them and Painted on my Heart)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been listening to Aerosmith again- should be a lovely romantic rumba...

Caroline has posted one of her 'current mood' photos this afternoon

http://instagram.com/p/t5EPUODDvi/?modal=true

Not feeling the rumba walk just yet??:D

Wondering also what important planning Pasha is doing today....

ETA - just noticed I've finally reached 500 posts :p:cool:

and thanks for lovely screen caps KA :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Screencaps of Pasha and Caroline on ITT
    HERE :)

These are fantastic KA, thanks very much.:)
    Thanks for all other links.
    So Simon gets the same dance as Caroline again ( or vice versa) yet he gets a song never used ( I'm sure, unless in the beginning when I didn't watch) and a great choice. Caroline's is also a fab song, but used only two series' ago. 'Mamma Mia' for a foxtrot? Do hope it goes well for them though. Also poor Scott if they're going down the comedy route with him, give him a proper chance.
    Mmm, someone has said anyone would think they're trying to oust a few of the celebs - keep their favourites at all costs - they could really have a point. Is it so much to ask and expect ALL couples to be given the same treatment? Will Caroline be lost in the mix as for Musical Week, Ballroom can be more suited (I know only my opinion) unless a fun and fast dance like a jive or salsa, added with no training footage that let's you see how they're getting on together, the fun elements to name two, plus if you show training footage for some, then why not do it for all couples? Last night none for Caroline :( and tonight none for Steve, yet others were shown. Can't the favouritism just stop as it is spoiling the show (for me anyway) and just give them all a fair chance.
    Let's see who dances when and what order their dances are given, who has the most suitable costumes and music. A few very suitable and new tracks for e.g. Pixie's great quickstep music, Simon's rumba and probably Frankie's paso oh and a reused one from years ago for Alison's jive. Love that song.
    Anyway, lovely interview from Caroline and Pasha last night and Karen was real positive about them all really.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here is Pasha and Caroline's VT from yesterdays ITT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfiomSQGip0&feature=youtu.be

I'll be interested in the order of dances this week, I'm not connecting with Pixie, very like with Abby last year....and again I feel she is the judges favourite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here is Pasha and Caroline's VT from yesterdays ITT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfiomSQGip0&feature=youtu.be

I'll be interested in the order of dances this week, I'm not connecting with Pixie, very like with Abby last year....and again I feel she is the judges favourite.

Thanks for link KA.:)
    I liked Abbey and there's none I mind for now, though I'm fast being put off a few with the 'bigging up' they're getting either on the show itself or ITT.
    Think they have already chosen their finalists, let's hope one or two can upset the apple cart.
    Well, Ian did think Pixie would top the leader board and Karen said one couple looked like pro dancers, now Ian has also complimented them.
    Can't we go back to no favourites (I know asking the impossible) and do proper dancing with less props and flaffing about that some, not all, are guilty of? Just dance with plenty of content, tell a story and do the steps well, if you can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Shona - no training room VT for Pasha and Caroline either last week or this, and a very short rushed interview. Maybe its a good thing that they are slightly under the radar at the moment? Great comments for them from the judges don't seem to be reflected in the marks.

Would just be happy if our two can go all the way to the final - the final three thread on MF seems to suggest that others have seen the quality of their routines so far. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peppy5 wrote: »
    I agree Shona - no training room VT for Pasha and Caroline either last week or this, and a very short rushed interview. Maybe its a good thing that they are slightly under the radar at the moment? Great comments for them from the judges don't seem to be reflected in the marks.
    Would just be happy if our two can go all the way to the final - the final three thread on MF seems to suggest that others have seen the quality of their routines so far. :)

Thanks KA and Peppy for your responses and for both your take on things. Maybe the judges are 'guided' on what to score.:o
    I can't honestly see the lovely Tristan having chosen that song for a foxtrot and whilst I like many of Abba's hits, there were surely more suitable songs out there. Same goes for one or two other dances, but the favoured ones have all suitable music again.
    If some can get appropriate and new songs then why can't they all? It's not as if there isn't enough tunes in the world!
    Maybe I'm just a stickler for fairness, (yes cynical too) but realistic enough to know life isn't fair.
    Hope Caroline's costume is a proper rumba one and we can see the important elements that Ian mentioned, the rumba walks and proper hip action!
    I like your positivity Peppy, re. perhaps being under the radar is a good thing. Am not convinced, but will go along with it for now.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    Thanks KA and Peppy for your responses and for both your take on things. Maybe the judges are 'guided' on what to score.:o
    I can't honestly see the lovely Tristan having chosen that song for a foxtrot and whilst I like many of Abba's hits, there were surely more suitable songs out there. Same goes for one or two other dances, but the favoured ones have all suitable music again.
    If some can get appropriate and new songs then why can't they all? It's not as if there isn't enough tunes in the world!
    Maybe I'm just a stickler for fairness, (yes cynical too) but realistic enough to know life isn't fair.
    Hope Caroline's costume is a proper rumba one and we can see the important elements that Ian mentioned, the rumba walks and proper hip action!
    I like your positivity Peppy, re. perhaps being under the radar is a good thing. Am not convinced, but will go along with it for now.:)

I'm sure Pasha will choreo a proper Rumba, he usually does these things the right way, and he's got a dancer he can push too - exciting times!
    BIB - Korky and myself have our views on this following last years show!!! >:(>:(

re Tristans foxtrot, it does seem a very strange choice of music, but having spoken with the diehard Mac fans, they are not worried and are in fact quite excited about it, and say that if Tris couldnt work with that piece of music he would have said something...I hope it works, I suspect we may get something funny from him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Pasha will choreo a proper Rumba, he usually does these things the right way, and he's got a dancer he can push too - exciting times!
    BIB - Korky and myself have our views on this following last years show!!! >:(>:(

re Tristans foxtrot, it does seem a very strange choice of music, but having spoken with the diehard Mac fans, they are not worried and are in fact quite excited about it, and say that if Tris couldnt work with that piece of music he would have said something...I hope it works, I suspect we may get something funny from him!

Good points here KA.
    Have faith that Pasha and Tristan will do great things with these dances and will include proper steps as always, showing off their partners. :)
    Not that my opinion or anyone's really will matter at all, :p they will do what they want to make sure certain ones will proceed all the way to the end.
    As for my comment about judges' scoring, could very well have hit the nail on the head, fixing the leader board?:o Shame if that's the case.
    Can the public choose the judges then and the producers?:p In fact, let's choose the celebs as well!;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the last few posts here before retiring!

Yes, I'm sure the judges are prompted by the producers what to say and score and know from the start who they want to propel through to the final. I suspect we'll be getting a whole series with each contestant's occupation being rammed home each week with props, etc. Best not go on about it all but KA and I were so very upset last year about our favourite couple and I for one am still furious.

Viewers shouldn't be upset and angered by what manipulations seem to go on. It should be a feelgood programme in which people are judged fairly and constructively with each contestant given points to work on and improve for the following week. Somebody was told that his arms were poor when they weren't. Somebody else was told that his dance wasn't fluid when it was.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw the last few posts here before retiring!

Yes, I'm sure the judges are prompted by the producers what to say and score and know from the start who they want to propel through to the final. I suspect we'll be getting a whole series with each contestant's occupation being rammed home each week with props, etc. Best not go on about it all but KA and I were so very upset last year about our favourite couple and I for one am still furious.

Viewers shouldn't be upset and angered by what manipulations seem to go on. It should be a feelgood programme in which people are judged fairly and constructively with each contestant given points to work on and improve for the following week. Somebody was told that his arms were poor when they weren't. Somebody else was told that his dance wasn't fluid when it was.

Exactly and the show you describe would not only be better and more serious but also more popular. I haven't seen SCD from the very beginning but even in the few years I've watched it's clear that there's been some dumbing down and increased manipulation through producer-led decisions and through editorialising via the judges. They're going to end up driving away their own audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Exactly and the show you describe would not only be better and more serious but also more popular. I haven't seen SCD from the very beginning but even in the few years I've watched it's clear that there's been some dumbing down and increased manipulation through producer-led decisions and through editorialising via the judges. They're going to end up driving away their own audience.

The whole country has been dumbing down in many ways for decades, education and the BBC the fastest. So sad.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole country has been dumbing down in many ways for decades, education and the BBC the fastest. So sad.

As predicted by Socrates, alas. We have too many devices to carry our information for us instead of disciplining our minds to retain experience, knowledge, art etc. If it's in your head a new idea can collide with an old one. New discoveries are possible. Creativity happens. Google's higgledy tangle of stuff is an inert mess by comparison. (Though it was the invention of writing that worried Socrates rather than t'internet)

ETA I agree with GorgeousGeorge in not liking the song, but I'm really looking forward to a Pasha rumba :):)