Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motorists who park in 'Electric Car Only' parking bays when they don't have an electric, plug-in hybrid or range extender vehicle.

Having recently acquired a PHEV, I am now noticing this rather selfish & inconsiderate practice.

The amount of times when I've pulled up to plug in my car & there's an 'ordinary' car parked in the bay is rising rapidly.>:(

Thankfully my car can run on petrol too, but I feel for those people have have 100% electric only cars; it must be rage inducing.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some, no every one I have ever met are exactly the same, doctor's receptionists that is. Rude and ignorant, do they have special training for this job?

I have moved four times in the past 20 years and each time the doctor's receptionists have been straight out of the same Nurse Ratchett mould. Even the receptionists at our latest doctors are the same. Leaving you to stand at the desk whilst they either stare at their PCs (I think they are probably playing Solitaire), carry on chatting with each other about what was on EastEnders last night, and most annoying of all pretending to look up names on the card index when we all know it is all computerised. They ask why you want to see the doctor, tut loudly when you refuse to tell them, bet they look into all the patient's records so they have something to gossip about.

Worst one was our last receptionist, who, in a crowded waiting room, wearing the biggest pair of rubber gloves outside the sewerage works, bellowed (using my first name which is very unprofessional, she isn't a friend and I don't go the doctor's often enough to know her personally) "... did you know you are diabetic?, no?, well you are now", Mortified didn't even cover it!

To add insult to injury, all over the waiting room are notices (probably printed by the receptionists themselves) tell us not to insult or annoy the staff otherwise you will be taken off the doctor's list. I am so tempted to print out one saying don't insult or annoy the patients or you may get a poke in the eye!

Rant over, sorry but they have really wound me up today.

Just the fact that they feel the need to have such notices speaks volumes! I feel your pain, although these days I speak up and ask them why they feel the need to be so rude when I've been nothing but polite to them. :D
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christing 'England band' that play the same brass bollocks at EVERY England football match.

Do you mean that banging drum you can hear in the background? Are you telling us that is a tune? :p
  • Options
    bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motorists who park in 'Electric Car Only' parking bays when they don't have an electric, plug-in hybrid or range extender vehicle.

Having recently acquired a PHEV, I am now noticing this rather selfish & inconsiderate practice.

The amount of times when I've pulled up to plug in my car & there's an 'ordinary' car parked in the bay is rising rapidly.>:(

Thankfully my car can run on petrol too, but I feel for those people have have 100% electric only cars; it must be rage inducing.

I noticed one in Chorlton t'other day, in Oswald Road, thought it weird place for one. Nobody was parked there, so.. go for it! :D
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women who apply make-up whilst on public transport; as in their complete regime (touch ups are fine). Can't explain why it irritates me, it just does.

They get on at Burnt Oak looking like Bo Diddley, and by Clapham South they magically become Bo Derek.
    Do you mean that banging drum you can hear in the background? Are you telling us that is a tune? :p
    Astonishing how one drum can be more infuriating than 80,000 vuvuzelas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    People who see me, the sales assistant, standing there...and dump heir fast food wrappers on the shelf next to the hair stuff or the shower gel....like what is wrong with you?
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ron_J wrote: »
    The personification of cancer in adverts. Cancer isn't some evil Machiavellian villain who can be "defeated" by wearing a pink wig or walking round the local park. Raise money towards research if you like, but don't infantilise it in this way. It annoys me when people talk about suffering from cancer in terms of a battle too - it always makes me think that presumably people who die of cancer didn't "fight" hard enough..?

As a cancer 'survivor' I also don't like the terms battle or fight much as it gives the impression survival is dependent on your personal power to overcome it. My surviving it really was nothing to do with me, it was all down to the medical teams and sheer good fortune.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Women who apply make-up whilst on public transport; as in their complete regime (touch ups are fine). Can't explain why it irritates me, it just does.

They get on at Burnt Oak looking like Bo Diddley, and by Clapham South they magically become Bo Derek.

On my bus route there are so many speed bumps and potholes, they'd end up looking like The Joker :D
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way that news websites and text pages feel the need to have a headline near the top of the page telling us who won today's Grand Prix.

Most of the time it's not a problem, but when the race has been on in the early hours of the morning and is being replayed in full in the afternoon it takes the suspense out of it a little.

It's not even as if it's hidden away in the sport pages. No, main headlines, third story, 'Mansell wins dramatic Samoan GP". Cheers for that.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who use the phrase 'easily pleased' as a insult.

What is wrong with being easily pleased?

Those who are apparently easily pleased spend more of their lives happy than not.

Better to be happy than uptight & miserable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    today...as we lost an hour...gone quick :(
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that the clock changes twice a year, Just leave it on BST to get votes in the general election.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The way that news websites and text pages feel the need to have a headline near the top of the page telling us who won today's Grand Prix.

Most of the time it's not a problem, but when the race has been on in the early hours of the morning and is being replayed in full in the afternoon it takes the suspense out of it a little.

It's not even as if it's hidden away in the sport pages. No, main headlines, third story, 'Mansell wins dramatic Samoan GP". Cheers for that.
    Don't post that in the Broadcasting forum. They don't seem to understand why you would want to visit a news website yet not findout the results of earlier live sporting events.

On the news they don't even have a 'look away now' warning for F1. It's in the actual headlines!
    At least with the footy they do give a warning, or if MOTD is on they tend not to mention the results at all.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That my favourite independent coffee shop is closing for good on Tuesday. The local council want to hike up their rent & they can't afford it. Gutted as I've been going there for about 12/13 years & they always provide a personal service.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    The colour contrast on my TV while watching illegal downloads of US TV shows.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cashiers who insist on giving change with the coins on top of the paper money, so you have to juggle the coins into your purse and then park the fiver. Worst thing is, it's mainly female cashiers who do this, they KNOW how annoying it is.
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who think you want to hear about their, or their child's, illness in excruciating detail (particularly if it's something disgusting like chronic diarrhoea.) We've got one of these in my office and she never stops. Most recently it was because her kids both had chickenpox and she went into great detail about the scabs etc.
    The fact that the clock changes twice a year, Just leave it on BST to get votes in the general election.

I thought abolishing Daylight Savings Time was unpopular with voters in Scotland/north of England who believe that if mornings are darker more children will be killed in road accidents?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who think you want to hear about their, or their child's, illness in excruciating detail (particularly if it's something disgusting like chronic diarrhoea.) We've got one of these in my office and she never stops. Most recently it was because her kids both had chickenpox and she went into great detail about the scabs etc.

I thought abolishing Daylight Savings Time was unpopular with voters in Scotland/north of England who believe that if mornings are darker more children will be killed in road accidents?

Me personality would rather it get dark at 17:00 than 16:00 in the Winter. Mornings you are too tired for light. Plus its moot point because its one or the other.
  • Options
    chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resealable bags that are a right bitch to reseal. Maybe there's a knack to it, but I always spend ages fiddling with the bloody things.
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting a price for something as "£140 plus vat" and thinking that includes the VAT when the actual price is £168....just gimmie the actual f#*cking price you asshole.

AND
    getting a insurance quote for £83 but ACTUAL price is £97
  • Options
    LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    Cashiers who insist on giving change with the coins on top of the paper money, so you have to juggle the coins into your purse and then park the fiver. Worst thing is, it's mainly female cashiers who do this, they KNOW how annoying it is.

I actually came in here to say this! Either the note or the receipt on the bottom with coins on the top so you're left doing a balancing act. I try and not put my hand out flat and instead take the note first.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who use text speak. I was a big fan of this back in the day when it needed to be used because hardly anyone had a contract and you needed to squeeze everything onto the one message but why do people still use it? I find it beyond irritating especially when the person is using a qwerty keyboard and their phone has autocorrect, they must go especially out of their way to do it. It takes me ten times longer to type a message if I need to use text speak (snapchat) than if I just type normally because my phone changes it repeatedly.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you buy an item from a shop and it has a sticky label on it, usually the price tag, but it's so firmly glued on you can't get it off without scratching said item >:(
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you buy an item from a shop and it has a sticky label on it, usually the price tag, but it's so firmly glued on you can't get it off without scratching said item >:(

Try using a cotton bud with some baby oil on it and rub it over the top, it usually comes away easily after that.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    Try using a cotton bud with some baby oil on it and rub it over the top, it usually comes away easily after that.

Ok, thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.