Options

Suits, S5, Mondays at 10pm on Dave [NO SPOILERS]

carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
Forum Member
In case you didn't know already :)
DRAMA: Suits
On: Dave
Date: Monday 10th August 2015 (starting in 12 days)
Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

Denial. Series 5, episode 1.
The snazzy legal drama returns! It's a sad time for Harvey as Donna quits to work for Louis, but Mike and Rachel are in a happier mood as they toast their engagement.
(New Series, Widescreen, 2011, 5 Star)

Starring: Patrick J. Adams, Gabriel Macht, Gina Torres, Rick Hoffman, Meghan Markle, Sarah Rafferty

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide | Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

So Donna's not actually leaving the company; just PA for Louis instead of Harvey. I wonder for how long though.

Comments

• Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching at US pace, but seeing as Dave are showing it relatively close to the US air dates (they are about 6/7 weeks behind) I might just wait and watch it on Dave, at least I'll get a HD picture.

Some of the episodes can get a bit sweary (lots of shits and bastards) so do Dave cut the episodes at all?
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    already? i thought dave show suits in january?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    already? i thought dave show suits in january?
    Apparenty the new season is split into two halves and is probably the reason why Dave is showing it earlier than usual.

Dave show the show at 10pm so have no reason to cut and language, especially with what other shows get away with such as Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of weird seeing it back so soon and on a Monday night. Hopefully the whole Eric Roberts storyline has finished.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kind of weird seeing it back so soon and on a Monday night.
    It is indeed. We'll also get that nice big three-month hiatus too :( Really wish they wouldn't do that!
    Hopefully the whole Eric Roberts storyline has finished.
    Me too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Plus, as usual they're putting the first episode up a week early on their OnDemand service.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Not liking the idea of Donna not working for Harvey, but I'll reserve judgement for now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't suppose it'll be for long.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not liking the idea of Donna not working for Harvey, but I'll reserve judgement for now

I'm hoping we haven't already seen the best of this.

The "Mike didn't Go To Harvard," scenario has been used so many times in different episodes, I think there must be few people left now in New York who still think he did.
    The "will they won't they?" situation between Mike and Rachel I thought was more interesting than since they became a couple, shades of "It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive?"
    Now Donna is going to work for Louis, I suspect that's going to be milked a bit.

I preferred it when each episode was a self-contained story. But I will still be recording this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ..shades of "It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive?"
    "It's the journey not the destination". Gotta love a good cliche ;)

Looking forward to watching this tomorrow night. (Been out tonight!)
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harvey knew Silence Of The Lambs:o:D:D

Donna going Harvey really went to pieces, I think poor Rachel will be there for a while.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know whether to like Donna or loathe her sometimes. Her "I'm Donna" schtick is quite grating sometimes.
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Don't know whether to like Donna or loathe her sometimes. Her "I'm Donna" schtick is quite grating sometimes.

Same here in fact more often than not she is the only cast that irritate me the most.^_^

Still very happy this show is back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A good opener.

However, it's getting like The West Wing for me. I love the show but sometimes the legal stuff is a bit confusing (as was the political stuff in TWW) so I just gloss over that and enjoy the rest of it!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    WTF has Mike got on his head. I actually laughed out loud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    WTF has Mike got on his head. I actually laughed out loud.

I noticed that.

I wasn't that impressed with the first episode.
    Harvey having "panic attacks?" so out of character, still I s'ppose it's necessary to drag out the Donna situation.

For me, this has gone from, "must watch," to "record and watch it later," in the space of a series.
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

However, it's getting like The West Wing for me. I love the show but sometimes the legal stuff is a bit confusing (as was the political stuff in TWW) so I just gloss over that and enjoy the rest of it!

Surely the difference is that the political stuff in TWW actually made sense (nearly all of the time, anyway) whereas the legal stuff in Suits makes no sense most of the time and they try to gloss over it quickly so viewers won't notice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Surely the difference is that the political stuff in TWW actually made sense (nearly all of the time, anyway) whereas the legal stuff in Suits makes no sense most of the time and they try to gloss over it quickly so viewers won't notice.

The "get me the file" stuff amuses me.

If you've ever been in a solicitor's office and seen the size of files of big companies it makes you laugh when you see Rachel or Donna with "the file" which seems about as thick as a telly mag. But it's just a TV drama.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harvey seems to have brushed off his panic attacks very quickly, but we'll see....
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't the flashbacks supposed to be six weeks before the present-day events? The flashbacks only seemed to cover a few days at the beginning of those six weeks, so what happened in between? Nothing significant?

It was nice to see "Wynn Duffy" from Justified. I assume we will be seeing him again a few times in the next few episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't the flashbacks supposed to be six weeks before the present-day events? The flashbacks only seemed to cover a few days at the beginning of those six weeks, so what happened in between? Nothing significant?

It was nice to see "Wynn Duffy" from Justified. I assume we will be seeing him again a few times in the next few episodes.

They get around don't they?

"Daniel Hardman" turned up recently as a "number" in an episode of "Person of Interest."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well my point was that I wouldn't have a clue if either of them actually made sense :)
    Harvey seems to have brushed off his panic attacks very quickly, but we'll see....
    As we're only one episode in so far I don't know how you come to that conclusion :confused:
    The "get me the file" stuff amuses me.

If you've ever been in a solicitor's office and seen the size of files of big companies it makes you laugh when you see Rachel or Donna with "the file" which seems about as thick as a telly mag. But it's just a TV drama.
    Exactly. So why bother mentioning it as it's completely irrelevant! :confused:
    That confused me a little too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my point was that I wouldn't have a clue if either of them actually made sense :)

As we're only one episode in so far I don't know how you come to that conclusion :confused:

Exactly. So why bother mentioning it as it's completely irrelevant! :confused:

That confused me a little too :)

You're at it again.

You're the one who bangs on about this board is for "discussions," but that's not what you do.

Read your own post, you're dismissing people's opinions.

Why did I mention "files?" because I found it amusing.

A reaction that seems to permanently escape you.

As I've said elsewhere tonight "lighten up."

You obviously won't need me to tell you on which other threads I've passed an opinion today, as you've already found three to do your nit-picking.

"Bless. "
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please note my use of "seems" and "but we'll see....". :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please note my use of "seems" and "but we'll see....". :cool:

Err..

That was conveniently ignored when you got a snippy response.
    But that's just par for the course, with those multiple nit-picking replies (not that you asked for one).

I think you must have been put in the same category as myself. "Not allowed to comment on an observation, or add something you think is amusing."

It's only telly, some can't accept that.