The Last Man on Earth

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many episodes were aired last night? My online TV calendar says 2, but I can only find 1.

Definitely two - episodes 5 and 6. I've got them both to watch later on.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok i'm out. Just not working for me at all - watched Episode 5 and didn't laugh once. I think five episodes is a fair shot, so that's me done.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, me too. I watched the first of the two and didn't laugh once. And then it ends with another person joining. It's just a bog standard sitcom at this point.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thoroughly enjoying it .....upto episode four now ..... bet he wished he's crashed his car now :D

as for carol, she may not be the prettiest around ..... aaaaaaaaand she may be a teeny weeny bit persuasive :D (we're GOING to the STORE), but she's sweet and a teeny weeny bit protective (phil's "girlfriend")

and now she's gonna rip the head of of melissa :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fox has renewed the "The Last Man On Earth" for a second season! :)

This is a breathtaking work of staggering absurdity. And also, some episodes are ASS…

In the episode "The Do-Over" two new survivors / potential sexual partners were introduced.

The episode "Pranks for Nothin'," is one of the brilliant episodes. Treat yourself to the very beginning of the ep. and Phil's Silent Treatment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I wasn't even going to watch it figuring how far can a show go with one character. But I think it's a funny show. I don't like the mainstream sitcoms at all. But this, IMHO is off the wall quirky. I'm glad it's getting a second season.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I give it four episodes and bailed. It isn't awful and I can see why it has done well and why people like it. Just not for me. But if i am honest, i never normally like FOX's live action comedies. The only comedies from them I ever liked was Married With Children and Raising Hope.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the premise of the series but not the execution. It is a little too awkward than I would like and the main character isn't very likable. I know he is meant to be that way, but he is difficult to sympathise with and I find his situations more embarrassing than funny.

For instance the bit where he is having dinner with the two new women and he mentions their age and colour, and then things go all serious. I was half expecting the women to say 'Only joking, imagine if we were that serious?' and 'There are only 3 people in the world and we still have racism. LOL'

The premise really needs a better leading man who can do LOL type comedy and who we really have a shred of sympathy for.

But I am glad it has been renewed for another series as I like the premise and will carry on watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the premise of the series but not the execution. It is a little too awkward than I would like and the main character isn't very likable. I know he is meant to be that way, but he is difficult to sympathise with and I find his situations more embarrassing than funny.

I think this is SPOT ON.
    The only "bad person" that we've met so far is the selfish nominal protagonist; everybody else I would be very pleased to have as neighbors!
    It is plausible that one of the few survivors would be a tool, but being alone for an extended amount of time may have warped Phil's mind more than the others.
    I like this show because it is DIFFERENT from most of the other (non-streaming) american sitcoms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But if i am honest, i never normally like FOX's live action comedies. The only comedies from them I ever liked was Married With Children and Raising Hope.

Not an Arrested Development fan, little-monster?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not an Arrested Development fan, little-monster?

Sadly no.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's been a good series, not as LOL as I would have liked, but kept me interested, especially with the bit at the end.

Sometimes it seemed to take itself too serious and could have done with lightening the mood.

But I'll look forward to the next season.
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's been a good series, not as LOL as I would have liked, but kept me interested, especially with the bit at the end.

Sometimes it seemed to take itself too serious and could have done with lightening the mood.

But I'll look forward to the next season.

Me too :) I absolutely love Will Forte everything he does cracks me up, he was one of my favourites on SNL, his facial expressions are the best! I fancy the pants of that new Phil though - phwoar! Another reason to keep watching :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me the name of the tune that was being played when Phil was raiding the store in the first episode. I know it's a fairly well-known old tune but I can't for the life of me think what its called
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the name of the tune that was being played when Phil was raiding the store in the first episode. I know it's a fairly well-known old tune but I can't for the life of me think what its called

http://www.tunefind.com/show/the-last-man-on-earth/season-1/22541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »

Thanks a lot, I can remember where I've heard before. It was part of the soundtrack to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dave have picked up the rights to Season 2 and will start showing on 28th September within a day after the US showing

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/08/dave-to-fast-track-the-last-man-on-earth-will-air-season-2-within-24-hours-of-u-s-broadcast/
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this show even if they should've fulfilled the title concept for a couple of eps at least before giving him company.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or has series 2 been a bit all over the place in the schedules?

Set to record on series link, on Dave ja vu at 12:00 on Monday, but no episode has recorded this week, and it's no longer in scheduled recordings, or findable in "search"

Has it vanished forever?! Are there even any more episodes? The last one we saw was #10, "Silent Night". IMDB shows synopses for all up to and including this, but then has
    Episode #2.11
    Add a Plot

:confused:
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Wiki there are only 10 episodes.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aye, only ten episodes for series two
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that's it then?

Phil 2 dies (or does he?) whilst they are trying to remove his appendix and the whole thing is wound up? :o
  • FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that's it then?

Phil 2 dies (or does he?) whilst they are trying to remove his appendix and the whole thing is wound up? :o

There were 2 potential deaths, Phil 2 & Phil 1's brother. If I had to bet only one of them is going to die. I could see Phil 1 stepping in at the last moment to save Phil 2's life in some zany way. Phil 1's brother will probably burn up and the escape pod will fall and land in front of their California home. Phil 1's brother is played by Jason Sudekis, whom is a pretty big actor, and I'm sure he was just doing some small cameos for his buddy Will Forte.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIN-MAN wrote: »
    There were 2 potential deaths, Phil 2 & Phil 1's brother. If I had to bet only one of them is going to die. I could see Phil 1 stepping in at the last moment to save Phil 2's life in some zany way. Phil 1's brother will probably burn up and the escape pod will fall and land in front of their California home. Phil 1's brother is played by Jason Sudekis, whom is a pretty big actor, and I'm sure he was just doing some small cameos for his buddy Will Forte.

Yes, good point, had forgotten about Phil's brother (Mike?). So we had two cliffhangers! Thinking about it, that is pretty much what we're often left with at the end of a series :D