Papers claim housemates forced BB to evict Ken

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Javed wrote: »
    Eurostar wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2909211/Celebrity-Big-Brother-stars-threatened-stage-mass-walkout.html

Well he said, in the accent if a slave plantation owner, the best way to get a fire going was to get a 'big fat Negro' on it and then made a completely unnecessary comment about 'piccanninis'. ]

And the article says that in the end, Ken sealed his own fate by continuing to make offensive comments - not just one comment, mind.

The first incident was more serious and Alexander immediately pulled him up on it and Ken received a warning for it. The second one was a completely innocuous breakfast time conversation though.....I bet Keith Chegwin didn't even notice what Ken said and carried on chatting to him. The producers could very easily have let that one go, as only they and Keith even heard the word being used.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    The reaction of Katie was interesting though, and she appeared to suggest Perez and others had engineered Ken's exit.

Exactly so therefore I believe what Ken is saying. Get NADIA out of that house, she is a shit stirrer if ever I saw one.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pure fantasy of course. You have to wonder what the Star's motive is in making this up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Pure fantasy of course. You have to wonder what the Star's motive is in making this up.

How do you know it is? We don't know what the likes of Perez, Nadia and Patsy were saying to BB in the Diary Room. Perez's almost hysterical reaction to Ken's ejection suggests he must have been strongly petitioning in the DR to have Ken removed.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reaction of Katie was interesting though, and she appeared to suggest Perez and others had engineered Ken's exit.

Well, she certainly said that Perez had engineered it, and It doesn't take very much nous to work out that the ever-hysterical over nothing Nadia would have threatened to walk, so yes, I think there probably is truth in what they say.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity they didn't tell Ken to be nice.....

Not really the point in a reality show I would have thought.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    cazziekay wrote: »
    I had heard of Perez and that he was very cutting. Since he went in I did google him and apparently he outed quite a few stars that were quite happy in the closet. He has upset alot of people hence his popularity has declined. As for Paris he adores her and chose his name in her honour and wont have anything bad said about her on his blog no matter what she says or does.
    I'm guessing they wanted Cheggars as they probably expected car crash tv a bit like what happened to Les Dennis when he went in the Ch4 CBB. But yep you're right he's not been much entertainment. Perhaps he has no one to bounce off.

I thought Cheggars would have bounced off Ken and was looking to as well but some of the women in there didn't want Ken to stay and Cheggars on the whole seems to have butted out getting involved as have most of the men it seems. They are letting the likes of Chloe and Cami Li to cuase trouble, load all the bullets against their targets and then Sherrif Nadia and Deputy Perez see them off! :confused: >:(

Its high time the rest of the house grew a pair and stopped letting them orchestrating so much injustice and stop them manipulating things so much.
  • Options
    zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    I thought Cheggars would have bounced off Ken and was looking to as well but some of the women in there didn't want Ken to stay and Cheggars on the whole seems to have butted out getting involved as have most of the men it seems. They are letting the likes of Chloe and Cami Li to cuase trouble, load all the bullets against their targets and then Sherrif Nadia and Deputy Perez see them off! :confused: >:(

Its high time the rest of the house grew a pair and stopped letting them orchestrating so much injustice and stop them manipulating things so much.

Hear Hear!!
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was particularly peeved by Nadia bringing her kids into it in the DR with her threatened leaving; 'I'd hate for them to see me cry or even hear that I'd been crying'...as if anyone who upsets Nadia is responsible also for her children being upset. Next time she threatens it they should let her walk.
  • Options
    playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken was saying on Loose Women that something had happened that would shock viewers if we were shown it. Maybe this is what he was referring to? The fact the others threatened to leave.
    Cami Li biting him is also very strange yet we don't see or hear anything about it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member

:D:D love the idea of the Western analogy with Sheriff and Deputy swinging open the saloon doors .. flinging Ken and Jeremy in the jail. Michelle and Patsy could be the Madames of the saloon with Chloe and Cami as the Saloon girls. Calum and Kavana can ride in to town as the hero cowboys that stops all the nonsense frees Ken and Jeremy and plonks Nadia and Perez in jail. Makes Katie the new Sheriff and Keith the Deputy. Alicia can be the gentile woman who keeps fainting when ever there's any trouble. Then in to town rides Alexander the Bounty Hunter but who is he after .... dun dun dun
    That would be a good task :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D love the idea of the Western analogy with Sheriff and Deputy swinging open the saloon doors .. flinging Ken and Jeremy in the jail. Michelle and Patsy could be the Madames of the saloon with Chloe and Cami as the Saloon girls. Calum and Kavana can ride in to town as the hero cowboys that stops all the nonsense frees Ken and Jeremy and plonks Nadia and Perez in jail. Makes Katie the new Sheriff and Keith the Deputy. Alicia can be the gentile woman who keeps fainting when ever there's any trouble. Then in to town rides Alexander the Bounty Hunter but who is he after .... dun dun dun
    That would be a good task :D

I like it! Especially on you evolving the analogy! :D:) I think me and you could be good co-writers for something! :D:) The only bit I'd slightly change would be that I'd prefer Calum to be the cowboy to come to the rescue as I don't think Kavanah has got it in him and Calum seems a good guy but can't be arsed to get off his backside enough and sort them out! Reminds me of Unforgiven!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nosaer wrote: »
    I was particularly peeved by Nadia bringing her kids into it in the DR with her threatened leaving; 'I'd hate for them to see me cry or even hear that I'd been crying'...as if anyone who upsets Nadia is responsible also for her children being upset. Next time she threatens it they should let her walk.

I was going to ask holw old were her children but then I looked her up on wiki ad it looks like she had her children late as one is around 12 and the other 7.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they both from her second marriage then..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^_^
    I like it! Especially on you evolving the analogy! :D:) I think me and you could be good co-writers for something! :D:) The only bit I'd slightly change would be that I'd prefer Calum to be the cowboy to come to the rescue as I don't think Kavanah has got it in him and Calum seems a good guy but can't be arsed to get off his backside enough and sort them out! Reminds me of Unforgiven!

I love a good Western. I haven't seen Unforgiven I will have to look out for that. A couple of mine are the classic Magnificent Seven and Wyatt Earp but also like The Newton Boys. I also used to watch High Chaparral ... showing my age now :D. My Dad loved Westerns but my kids aren't interested and can't understand why I would want to watch one.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    He was ejected for using the same word he was warned not to use days earlier.

Whether or not any of the threatening to leave stuff is true, Ken got himself kicked out

It's also worth pointing that the Daily Star article claims that White Dee is tipped to enter as a new housemate.
    He was given a formal warning by his employer that he would be sacked if he did it again. He did it again and again and so they SACKED him. End of. It's a show but it's also a job. He did not live up to the rules he agreed to when he signed his contract. I'd like to see all those who think they can do as they please at work and still be employed do what Ken did and find out for themselves how well that works out.
    I think it's safe to say the majority of fms take the Daily Star stories with a pinch of salt until we see it on HLS. On last nights show we saw Perez gloating and Nadia claiming she was going to leave. So possible truth to the story.
    The only truth is that they said that in the DR. This is the Daily Fail that writes whole articles filling in the blanks from their imagination based on A TWEET.
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Really? Because its in the DM it must be lies? :confused:

Something happened otherwise why would Katie have suggested Perez got rid of him. Kens ejection clip in the diary room was very short and sweet and obviously edited to oblivion.
    Please if possible point me to an article that was proved 100% factual that was in the Daily Mail. I've never found one.
    He has had more than one warning. Jetemy confirmed Ken had been reprimanded several times.
    Not just that he was given a formal warning. He went against his contract and they fired him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did say 'possible' truth. I think the majority take newspaper articles with a pinch of salt. The HLS showed Perez gloating, Nadia making her claim in the DR and Katie being annoyed due to Perez and other hms involvement in Kens removal. That is why I said 'possible truth' to the story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    He was given a formal warning by his employer that he would be sacked if he did it again. He did it again and again and so they SACKED him. End of. It's a show but it's also a job. He did not live up to the rules he agreed to when he signed his contract. I'd like to see all those who think they can do as they please at work and still be employed do what Ken did and find out for themselves how well that works out.

Not just that he was given a formal warning. He went against his contract and they fired him.

Indeed but let's not kid ourselves but much of what happened this week this had something to do with Ken "offending" people : it was more about BB and Ch.5 showing off their politically correct credentials.
  • Options
    Julian-FreakJulian-Freak Posts: 2,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only truth is that they said that in the DR. This is the Daily Fail that writes whole articles filling in the blanks from their imagination based on A TWEET.

Please if possible point me to an article that was proved 100% factual that was in the Daily Mail. I've never found one.

He was told not to use a certain word and he used it again.Regardless that is was in a private conversation with Keith. So he broke the terms of his contract and ignored the warning he was given in the D.R.
    As to the article in the DM i think there is some truth that "some" of the other housemates maybe protested about Ken. Katie alluded to Perez and a few others orchestrating something about Ken's behaviour.

I can't really muster any feelings about Ken, he did wrong by the rules of BB, he got booted. End of .

It amazes me that a lot of outrage was made about Conor's behaviour against Deanna and wanting him booted (myself included), but a lot of people don't seem as outraged over Ken's racist behaviour.

Not a fan of Perez or Nadia, even Katie, but he broke the rules, offended the Housemates.
    As another poster alluded to the fact that when the housemates ignored Conor and didn't make a fuss they were bad bad people.
    A similar thing happened with Ken, BB stepped in, and now some here think it is outrageous.
    IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was told not to use a certain word and he used it again.Regardless that is was in a private conversation with Keith. So he broke the terms of his contract and ignored the warning he was given in the D.R.
    As to the article in the DM i think there is some truth that "some" of the other housemates maybe protested about Ken. Katie alluded to Perez and a few others orchestrating something about Ken's behaviour.

I can't really muster any feelings about Ken, he did wrong by the rules of BB, he got booted. End of .

It amazes me that a lot of outrage was made about Conor's behaviour against Deanna and wanting him booted (myself included), but a lot of people don't seem as outraged over Ken's racist behaviour.

Not a fan of Perez or Nadia, even Katie, but he broke the rules, offended the Housemates.
    As another poster alluded to the fact that when the housemates ignored Conor and didn't make a fuss they were bad bad people.
    A similar thing happened with Ken, BB stepped in, and now some here think it is outrageous.
    IMO

It's still a fact that Ken was removed because BB didn't like his vocabulary and way of expressing himself as a 71 year old man. He didn't threaten, intimidate or harass anyone, didn't strike them or sexually assault them. There is also the whole question of censorship and freedom of speech here : there's no evidence Ken was even trying to be offensive in using the words he did (and Alexander actually looked shocked and upset he had been removed).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^_^

I love a good Western. I haven't seen Unforgiven I will have to look out for that. A couple of mine are the classic Magnificent Seven and Wyatt Earp but also like The Newton Boys. I also used to watch High Chaparral ... showing my age now :D. My Dad loved Westerns but my kids aren't interested and can't understand why I would want to watch one.

Unforgiven imo is a bit slow but still very good. There a number of very funny moments in it though I think they were unitentional. A guy called Skinny having a go at his chief "girl" and Gene Hackman with his menacing ways/looks + comments in that film made me laugh a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still a fact that Ken was removed because BB didn't like his vocabulary and way of expressing himself as a 71 year old man. He didn't threaten, intimidate or harass anyone, didn't strike them or sexually assault them. There is also the whole question of censorship and freedom of speech here : there's no evidence Ken was even trying to be offensive in using the words he did (and Alexander actually looked shocked and upset he had been removed).

That is the point I was trying to make.
    BB didn't like it, warned him and he ignored them.

Perez is such a drama Queen and if he or others were uncomfortable then they had a right to express that, just as much as Ken may have had right to freedom of his speech.
    It works both ways.

i think some of the housemates were over reacting, but Ken is gone and that's that.,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is the point I was trying to make.
    BB didn't like it, warned him and he ignored them.

Perez is such a drama Queen and if he or others were uncomfortable then they had a right to express that, just as much as Ken may have had right to freedom of his speech.
    It works both ways.

i think some of the housemates were over reacting, but Ken is gone and that's that.,

Fair enough, I can't disagree with that. Personally I would have liked to have seen BB issue Ken with a second and final warning about his use of that 'n' word. Removing him from the house because of his vocabulary seems quite drastic and draconian.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member

You dismissed it because it came from the DM, but now need 100% accuracy to consider it?
    I did say 'possible' truth. I think the majority take newspaper articles with a pinch of salt. The HLS showed Perez gloating, Nadia making her claim in the DR and Katie being annoyed due to Perez and other hms involvement in Kens removal. That is why I said 'possible truth' to the story.

Of course it is, we saw their comments in the DR, Katie blamed Perez, Ken said something else had happened. This is Perez and Nadia.... possible? Highly probable. :-)

That said, he did break the rules.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough, I can't disagree with that. Personally I would have liked to have seen BB issue Ken with a second and final warning about his use of that 'n' word. Removing him from the house because of his vocabulary seems quite drastic and draconian.

I agree with you on the warning issues.
    I would have liked to have seen the eviction go ahead.
    If Ken was evicted then the public had their say

If he carried on after the eviction then I would have liked to have seen him booted.

But that is all supposition and we will never know. :)