Options

Nashville Season 3 on More 4?

Comments

• Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    So I assume that the series/season will end with Sadie shooting her abusive ex and being taken away/being charged with murder and her murder trial will be a big part of next year. I quite like the Sadie character but feel she needs to interact with a few more characters. I guess they were starting to show that with Avery producing her album.

You missed her downloading and printing off the documents for getting a restraining order then? The whole set-up with Sadie acquiring the unregistered gun was to create a narrative where she's desperate enough to shoot her ex (which is within the arena of a country music cliché!), but when confronted with the opportunity to actually pull the trigger realising that such extreme measures aren't the best way to resolve the situation (hence the TRO).

Structurally, the story of Sadie and her abusive ex- has to play out a bit longer and cross paths with some of the other characters before he ends up either in jail or dead and if the latter I would expect it to be someone else who is responsible, possibly Avery, as he strikes me as the kind of guy who would misguidedly "do entirely the wrong thing" while trying to help someone out.

Plus, him being newly wedded to Juliette means, if he were to be arrested, she gets the whole 'stand by your man' angle for a storyline.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I assume that the series/season will end with Sadie shooting her abusive ex and being taken away/being charged with murder and her murder trial will be a big part of next year.

I was expecting her to panic and shoot him as he walked away from the door.
    phil solo wrote: »
    Obvious plot is obvious :p[...]Maddie will want to donate part of her live[...]Teddy will vehemently forbid it[...]and Rayna shall spend any numer of episodes in an anguished dilemma about who she loves most

The principle of Chekhov's Gun* says that Scarlett phoning her mother this week will pay off down the line.

That all seems so obvious that you may as well put it in spoiler tags! :p
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    You missed her downloading and printing off the documents for getting a restraining order then? The whole set-up with Sadie acquiring the unregistered gun was to create a narrative where she's desperate enough to shoot her ex (which is within the arena of a country music cliché!), but when confronted with the opportunity to actually pull the trigger realising that such extreme measures aren't the best way to resolve the situation (hence the TRO).

Structurally, the story of Sadie and her abusive ex- has to play out a bit longer and cross paths with some of the other characters before he ends up either in jail or dead and if the latter I would expect it to be someone else who is responsible, possibly Avery, as he strikes me as the kind of guy who would misguidedly "do entirely the wrong thing" while trying to help someone out.

Plus, him being newly wedded to Juliette means, if he were to be arrested, she gets the whole 'stand by your man' angle for a storyline.

No i saw that, but I assumed that would be her "get out of jail card". He breaks the order, she feels scared/threatened and shoots him. The restraining order shows he was dangerous and not meant to be there so she can claim self defence whether it is or not.....
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    No i saw that, but I assumed that would be her "get out of jail card". He breaks the order, she feels scared/threatened and shoots him. The restraining order shows he was dangerous and not meant to be there so she can claim self defence whether it is or not.....

Yes, that's certainly another highly probable route the writers might take!
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Rayna ditching Luke was predictable, saw that coming ages ago.
    You get no bonus points for that - we all did!

Not after any bonus points as I was merely making a statement. But if it makes you happy I'll rephrase:

"Rayna ditching Luke was obvious and predictable, saw that coming ages ago as, no doubt, did most other viewers". :D
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Not after any bonus points as I was merely making a statement. But if it makes you happy I'll rephrase:

"Rayna ditching Luke was obvious and predictable, saw that coming ages ago as, no doubt, did most other viewers". :D

Most of us thought (or at least hoped) that there would be a split, but it could have happened before or after the wedding.
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Who's going to donate a bit of their liver to Deacon? Will it be Maddie, maybe Rayna is a match, or will Deacon's sister have a change of heart (or liver)?
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scarlett is beginning to annoy me.
    More singing, less "acting," required.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to last night's episode because I knew that One By One written by Elenowen would be in it. What a disappointment! :( All we heard was one line sung by Juliette in the first half and her singing (not very well - possibly because it was supposed to be 2am?) another line later on. I had hoped for a duet between her and Avery, following which lots of people would have looked for the original and Elenowen would have taken off in a big way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1FqsGDQFk
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's becoming very noticable how Juliette only has scenes with Avery and Glen.

They must have filmed them all as quickly as possible and as a completely separate plot before she went off to have her giant baby.
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

They must have filmed them all as quickly as possible and as a completely separate plot before she went off to have her giant baby.

It does look enormous doesn't it? But then she is little, and her man is a giant, so it's not too surprising that she looks that way.

With regard to Scarlett - I'm with Doghouse - for Pete's sake let the girl sing rather than all this melodrama (which isn't really her forte.)
  • Options
    cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

I have loved Juliette these past few weeks - the episode when she stalked Avery on a mobility scooter at the festival, and then this week when she couldn't get up off the floor because of her huge bump, have both made me laugh.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scarlett is beginning to annoy me.
    More singing, less "acting," required.

this :p:D:)
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are Scarlett and the doctor going to get together? Rather unprofessional of him if so! :p

How long is going to pass before the possibility of Maddie being Deacon's donor is raised, like the viewers haven't thought of it already? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was beginning to wonder last night whether we would hear any songs at all.

Loved how Rayna socked it to Edgehill - Jeff should have learnt that he can't win against Rayna. Seemed odd that he would have Layla primed to sing at the singing for Maddie. :confused:

I think I'll have to get the DVD of the first series - it seems to be the only way to see Scarlett and Gunnar singing together! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Are Scarlett and the doctor going to get together? Rather unprofessional of him if so! :p

How long is going to pass before the possibility of Maddie being Deacon's donor is raised, like the viewers haven't thought of it already? ;)

Im sure Scarlett will mention it soon! she is the most likely seeing as she is the only one that knows
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why doesnt Layla go to Rayna to try and get signed? I am sure that once Rayna heard her sing, she would sign her in an instant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, Layla. Why did you let the scum bag into your place?
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    I was beginning to wonder last night whether we would hear any songs at all.

Loved how Rayna socked it to Edgehill - Jeff should have learnt that he can't win against Rayna. Seemed odd that he would have Layla primed to sing at the singing for Maddie. :confused:

I think I'll have to get the DVD of the first series - it seems to be the only way to see Scarlett and Gunnar singing together! :)

Yes, and to make matters worse, the one person you can guarantee will get to sing is moaning Maddie, with her bland, monotonous voice.
    (I quite liked the Sadie snippet we heard though.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im wondering if Will will change his mind about being signed to Luke and go to Highway 65..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    katt wrote: »
    Im wondering if Will will change his mind about being signed to Luke and go to Highway 65..........

I liked the writing when Jeff subtly blackmailed him into signing for Luke's label. The did it without the need for a big confrontation, just trusted the viewer to understand what was going on.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and to make matters worse, the one person you can guarantee will get to sing is moaning Maddie, with her bland, monotonous voice.
    (I quite liked the Sadie snippet we heard though.)

I prefer the two Stella sisters singing together.

This version rather than the original with the 7M+ hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gA94tkwSE4

Scarlett is still in "intensely dramatic annoying mode," but at least she did do some singing last night.

I'm still smiling about Juliet's

"Avery, I can't find the TV remote,"

"Have you looked in your hand?"
  • Options
    TramboneTrambone Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good episode last night with plenty of music. Shame that it kept being interrupted by dialogue.
    A communication from Buddy Miller (a hugely talented singer, songwriter and guitarist) noted that Lennon Stella has just turned 16. A very musical family, those Stellas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far more music last night (at last).

Didn't like the name of the group - The Exes would have been better in my view, as less likely to be confused with adult material than The Triple Exes! :blush:

Loved the song between Rayna and Deacon (just as well he joined her on stage as she would have sounded a bit odd singing that song on her own!).

Bored with the continuing story about Teddy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, loads more music - loved it!

absolutely agree, The Exes would have been a much better name

I have a small question - how old is Daphne? I was just wondering as when she was stood on stage next to Maddie she looks really, really small, like a 5 or 6 year old - but I am sure she is older than that.......(or Maddie is ridiculously tall - which I dont think she is)