Is Tom Cruise too old at 53 to marry a 22 year old young girl?

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
Tom Cruise looks great for 53. In fact, he looks great if he were 35.

But is he too old for his girlfriend who is 22 years young. He's planning on marrying her too. :o What can they have in common??

That means he is almost old enough to be her grandfather. Say if he was 16 when he had a kid and that kid also had a kid at 16.

Do you shudder at the thought of his ageing body slobbering over her? I must say I find the age gap a bit distasteful. I mean, why can't Tom find someone closer to his age?

Has he got a problem? Does he think he's a 53 year old trapped in a younger man's body?

I'd like to know your thoughts, please. Thanks. :)

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    No...
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not his age that's the problem, it's the fact he's batshit crazy that should make her run for the hills
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It's not his age that's the problem, it's the fact he's batshit crazy that should make her run for the hills

Agree although I'm sure she's signed the contract and will be remunerated accordingly :D
  • TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member

But is he too old for his girlfriend who is 22 years young. He's planning on marrying her too. :o What can they have in common??

That means he is almost old enough to be her grandfather. Say if he was 16 when he had a kid and that kid also had a kid at 16.

Do you shudder at the thought of his ageing body slobbering over her? I must say I find the age gap a bit distasteful. I mean, why can't Tom find someone closer to his age?

Has he got a problem? Does he think he's a 53 year old trapped in a younger man's body?

I shudder at the thought of Tom Cruise slobbering over anyone. But frankly, even if she is insane enough to marry him, I really don't think she'll even be in the room when Tom is going in for his special slobbering time.
  • LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think he looks great at 53 then go on about 'his aging body'? I bet his body's a damn sight better than most 53 year olds'. After all he's a millionaire Hollywood movie star with access to the best diets and personal trainers money can buy.

You can bet your life if it had been a 53 year old woman planning to marry a 22 year old man the papers would have been frothing at the mouth.

If he does marry her, he'll make sure she signs her life over to the Church of Scientology first.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    It's a business arrangement, for which she will be appropriately remunerated, I'm pretty sure she is fully aware of what she is getting into.
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scientology is deeply disturbing, but if I was prepared to be around Tom Cruise at age 22, doing a job that was my dream and he took me out to dinner and fixed me with those brown eyes and was incredibly understanding and interested in me (and in interviews he seems very warm and sensitive and intelligent - Scientology yes I know), I'd probably fall for it.

Marriage might be going a bit far, but here is a star and you might think, he is older, wider and scientology seemed to play a part in the downfall of his last 2 marriages so he won't let that happen this time. So yeah, if you're up for a bit of a gamble, marry him.

Age has nothing to do with it. However, if it was Richard Gere (65) and his 32 year old piece, now they look wrong together, but Tom and Emily Thomas look alright together.
  • TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    cleo petra wrote: »
    Scientology is deeply disturbing, but if I was prepared to be around Tom Cruise at age 22, doing a job that was my dream and he took me out to dinner and fixed me with those brown eyes and was incredibly understanding and interested in me (and in interviews he seems very warm and sensitive and intelligent - Scientology yes I know), I'd probably fall for it.

Marriage might be going a bit far, but here is a star and you might think, he is older, wider and scientology seemed to play a part in the downfall of his last 2 marriages so he won't let that happen this time. So yeah, if you're up for a bit of a gamble, marry him.

Age has nothing to do with it. However, if it was Richard Gere (65) and his 32 year old piece, now they look wrong together, but Tom and Emily Thomas look alright together.

Won't he?
    I don't think he thinks that the failure of his marriages was anything to do with himself or Scientology. I think he places the entire blame on the women. I'd guess that the only thing he might do differently is make sure that the next wife has been well and truly vetted by his weirdo mates well before the wedding. If she is stupid enough to sign up to marrying Tom and joining the church of the space loons, then she must be dafter than he is.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    if it was Richard Gere (65) and his 32 year old piece, now they look wrong together

We'll have to see how Cruise looks when he's 65 and stands next to his 34 year old 'piece'.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think Tom Cruise has a problem because he's marrying a younger woman

However, it is a disturbing age gap and I can't see the relationship lasting
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »

itll last as long as the contract stipulates
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He has blue eyes, famous for them.

Bet is he is fitter than the OP. But the Scientology sy fi so called religion is scary.

By the way last night on Channel 4 they had a very glossy ad for the church(sniggers), we want to help. I nearly wet myself laughing at the idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I don't think any man in Hollywood dates or marries someone age appropriate.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apart from the fact he's tiny and has dyed hair, he doesn't look too bad for his age ... From a distance.

Of course she will marry him. he's a millionaire, he's famous, she'll be famous if she marries him and he's not bad for an old boy.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Age doesnt really mean much IMO. I didnt realise Tom was 53 :eek: He doesnt look it.

The Scientology stuff is disturbing and worries me a bit though.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another lamb to the slaughter.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Age doesnt really mean much IMO. I didnt realise Tom was 53 :eek: He doesnt look it.

The Scientology stuff is disturbing and worries me a bit though.

Small people often look younger than they are. That's not a dig at him, just an observation :p

The Scientology stuff is beyond creepy. Going for a 22 year old just makes it look even more staged and desperate.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty much my thoughts :D
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »

Bruce Forsythe was 54 when he married his 23 year old wife in 1983, they were and still are very happily married.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as long as his boyfriends don't mind, what's the problem?
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    It's not so much his age and how he looks or how gross his slobber is.
    It's the fact he's done so much in his life, he's lived about 4 lives if not more. He's been married, had and raised kids, (how old are the older kids? Late teens, early 20s?)
    Then add in the fact he's a movie star, crazy antics, the religion...

What has this girl got, she's a blank slate compared to him.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Cruise isn't going to marry anyone let alone his PA.

What hasn't been mentioned by the press conveniently enough is that his PA is in a relationship and already has a boyfriend!!! She isn't getting married and it won't be to him.

This is nothing but a publicity stunt to deflect questions off the Scientology documentary Going Clear which was released in cinemas last month and portrays Tom in a negative light. Why ask questions about that when you can ask about his rumoured new FAKE girlfriend! He has a new movie coming out at the end of the month. Don't fall for this BS.

Think of the bigger picture people.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only creepy if he's planning to have sex with her..... So, thats ok then.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not unlike the young attractive ladies that 'date' rich old men.

For some the ££££ override that feeling of "what the bleedin hell I'm I thinking about here ?".
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not unlike the young attractive ladies that 'date' rich old men.

For some the ££££ override that feeling of "what the bleedin hell I'm I thinking about here ?".

Yet you don't see attractive young males with rich old women!