Great British Sewing Bee Application Process

Sarah_Jones5Sarah_Jones5 Posts: 1,379
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have always had a keen interest in art, crafts and all forms of design however does anyone know when to apply for the next series of The Great British Sewing Bee and just out of interest will having Qualifications such as Diplomas in Floristry/Flower Arranging up to a Level 3 and a GCSE in Textiles exclude me from applying generally.

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't of thought so, GCSE is pretty low level, they want people with reasonable competence so get practicing with any and all fabrics..

The program i think is produced by a 3rd party so drop them an email but i'd imagine it won't really start much for a few months and if its like a lot of these sort of things you'll need to be able to take a good chunk of time off and then lie to everyone if you do get through to even the first round.
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found a page advertising last year's applications,
    http://sewwhatsnew.co.uk/inspire/apply-for-the-great-british-sewing-bee-series-4/

•you must be over 16.
    •you haven’t obtained any NVQ or other sewing related qualification in the last 10 years or have ever worked as a dressmaker, tailor, pattern cutter etc.
    •Your main source of income must not come from a sewing related job.

Possibly best way to keep up to date is to follow @BBC_Casting and @LoveProdHouse to see if they mention the next series casting.
  • SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My niece was refused due to recent gcse textiles a *