Moving House

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Ah well, im off to work soon so i might end up speaking to you later regarding this mate:) Just curious though, did you contact the home movers team to get this sorted or did you contact a different BT department?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raffaz wrote: »
    Ah well, im off to work soon so i might end up speaking to you later regarding this mate:) Just curious though, did you contact the home movers team to get this sorted or did you contact a different BT department?

Hi Raffaz,

I spoke to the BTV Team who spoke to the home movers team on my behalf and then spoke to BB Services as well.

Funnily enough, during my journey to work (about 1 hour) Tracy from the Newcastle office (BTV Home Movers) phoned to sort out my BT Vision Activation :-)

I explained the problems and have said I will call Newcastle and speak to Tracy or Racheal as soon as I get BB installed! Here's hoping they don't take too long in activating it.

You may well speak to me later :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just spoke to BTV Newcastle again as still no BB - Very helpful lady once again who was quite flustered as, apparently, they are having a big outage problem at the moment and it is chaotic - their systems are running very slowly. She couldn't really help much but whilst I was on hold I checked my online account. There is now an order for Broadband showing against my line - It started today and it says the BB is due for activation tomorrow - we will wait and see...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On my online billing/track your broadband order it has just (10 minutes ago) changed to :

Stage 4 Your broadband equipment (if ordered) will arrive and your broadband service will be enabled 29 November 2007

Hmmm.... All *seems* to be going to plan...

BTW, it is definetely the BT Vision team that has sorted this for me - the order number (usually a number ending in MR) is simply "btvision" !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No BB as yet... Just had a call from a chap at the "resolutions" team. He contacted BB and then phoned me back to tell me it was already activated! Explained it wasn't and that the order is still shown as pending for activation today on BT's order tracker.

He told me to wait and see if it activates today and if not to phone support and they would put me through to "offshore technical"............
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snowy2007 wrote: »
    No BB as yet... Just had a call from a chap at the "resolutions" team. He contacted BB and then phoned me back to tell me it was already activated! Explained it wasn't and that the order is still shown as pending for activation today on BT's order tracker.

He told me to wait and see if it activates today and if not to phone support and they would put me through to "offshore technical"............

At this point I would turn into a Jibbering Idiot(Hope Alan is not on line)

When I first had ADSL max was told up to 8pm. Was actually on at 6 am. Work that out:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STILL no BB! Am currently speaking to BT again!!!

SIDE NOTE: Also turns out that they have my house number incorrect in the system!! It beggars belief that they have the wrong house number yet the Openreach engineers turned up at the correct house and BT have mailed a "Welcome To BT Broadband" booklet to the correct address!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SIDE NOTE: Also turns out that they have my house number incorrect in the system!! It beggars belief that they have the wrong house number yet the Openreach engineers turned up at the correct house and BT have mailed a "Welcome To BT Broadband" booklet to the correct address!

Ever thought perhaps you have moved into the wrong house:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VALE07 wrote: »

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmmm.... that could explain the stranger sitting on my toilet this morning.... :-)

Seriously though, the tech I have just spoken to (Indian Call Centre but very helpful) checked lots of things and finally traced the problem to BT-Wholesale - I told him they were at fault at beginning of call but I guess they have to be thorough. They are supposed to be activating today (I told him that as well). He has told me to give it to Midnight and if it still doesn't activate to phone back tomorrow with a call ref num he has given me so I don't have to go through everything again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member

I hope the BT CEO sees your "diary", it sounds like a common experience for many BT Customers, although I believe (bizarrely!) that they are still the best!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alwall wrote: »
    I hope the BT CEO sees your "diary", it sounds like a common experience for many BT Customers, although I believe (bizarrely!) that they are still the best!

I agree that they are still the best - that is the only reason i am persevering. The problem is simply that BT is a huge, sprawling, decentralised behemoth of a corporation. The staff are helpful and polite but are sometimes battling against the very system that employs them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what the "Order Tracking" screen will do if it isn't activated and the 30th clocks along?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I agree that they are still the best - that is the only reason i am persevering. The problem is simply that BT is a huge, sprawling, decentralised behemoth of a corporation. The staff are helpful and polite but are sometimes battling against the very system that employs them!
    .... and I'm convinced that the regulatory regime that enforces this forced "separateness" between different parts of BT plays a part in the sort of problems that you are encountering
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alwall wrote: »
    .... and I'm convinced that the regulatory regime that enforces this forced "separateness" between different parts of BT plays a part in the sort of problems that you are encountering

Couldn't agree more!! It would appear, sometimes, that a corporation that should be integrated and harmonious is being controlled in a manner that enforces departmental seperatism and micro-management!

UPDATE: Still no BB..............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Y'know,

I have a brand new drop cable from the local pole to my house.

I have a perfect phone line.

My local exchange is a pretty major one (for a small town).

I am about 800 metres from my exchange.

I don't believe that the copper between my house and the exchange is at fault.

Why can't I have broadband - i'm happy to pay for it !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Totally agree mate, i hope you get this resolved soon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raffaz wrote: »
    Totally agree mate, i hope you get this resolved soon!

Just past midnight... I have stayed up just to see what happened! I am VERY tired now and I am going to bed.

Guess what happened at midnight?

Nothing!

Order status is still the same and BB is not activated.

Raffaz, do you have the name of a person or even a team who can resolve this then please tell me! BT think my line is activated (it's not) - BT Wholesale are blisfully unaware that the line requires activating because BT can't tell them due to the fact that BT think it is already activated! This could go on forever :-)

Good night all...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just past midnight... I have stayed up just to see what happened! I am VERY tired now and I am going to bed.

Guess what happened at midnight?

Nothing!

Order status is still the same and BB is not activated.

Raffaz, do you have the name of a person or even a team who can resolve this then please tell me! BT think my line is activated (it's not) - BT Wholesale are blisfully unaware that the line requires activating because BT can't tell them due to the fact that BT think it is already activated! This could go on forever :-)

Good night all...

Do I detect that you are not happy with BT:D I notice these things. Bright as a button me.Nothing I can say, I know you won't give up. If only, in these circumstances you could find one person to take total responsibility.. I managed that by going to high level complaints.Sorry have no longer got the number.

Good luck and may that flying pig just land;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I detect that you are not happy with BT:D I notice these things. Bright as a button me.Nothing I can say, I know you won't give up. If only, in these circumstances you could find one person to take total responsibility.. I managed that by going to high level complaints.Sorry have no longer got the number.

Good luck and may that flying pig just land;)

I wish the flying pig would land right now actually - I fancy bacon for breakfast :)

Oh well... Another day dawns. I have slept well, got up a little later than usual and feel refreshed and ready to continue the fight!

It really does take a lot of energy to do this. The biggest problem IMHO is having to explain the *WHOLE* situation *EVERY* time you call!! Even when the calls are 30 minutes apart. One person to speak with who would take responsibility would be amazing and certainly take away the stress of this. Instead of running through everything again maybe, every time I call, I should just refer them to this thread :)

I am kind of hoping that someone from BT is following this thread and maybe they will look at changing procedures in future - but the pig hasn't arrived so I guess they aren't ;)

Time for a cup of tea (ran out of coffee for the machine) and then I will start hitting the phones - I feel like a telesales operator!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a thought! The following domains are available :

iwantmybroadband.co.uk
    btfiasco.com & .co.uk
    btfails.com & .co.uk

I might register one and post a little site detailling this - or then again, is it worth the effort ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok - my calls have started - I have now been in the queue for 20 minutes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just answered - standard ID check - have given the OP my call ref number from yesterday (twice because he kept repeating 666 instead of 667 as the first 3 digits - ominous)

I am speaking to someone in, I think, "Offshore Technical". I have been quite firm (but still polite) with him and explained that there MUST be a resolution today. I don't want to be told at the end of the call "Oh just give it another day and it will work".

He has promised that if he can't resolve the problem by the end of the call then he will find for me the person who can!

The "On Hold" music is HORRIBLE - it sounds like a cross between Jean Micheal Jarre and Mike Oldfield played on a "My First Xylophone"!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just come off the phone after speaking with a chap called Jackson. He has done some line tests whilst speaking to me on my mobile - during one of them my router rebooted itself but still no BB. He has now escalated this to Wholesale to diag and test. He has also given me a phone number and pin number to check on progress.....

This is getting to be a bigger saga than bloody Star Wars!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I would try the number and pin combination - I am currently speaking to a lady at, I think, wholesale!

BLOODY GOOD JOB I DID!!! Jackson had logged my call as a fault with BB working but dropping the line!

She is now changing the fault to state there has NEVER been broadband activated!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS WHOLE THING I AM NOW ANNOYED!

She is currently speaking to the engineers to try and find some more information....

I think I may ask my wife to get me the CD of BT's hold music for christmas... I'm getting used to it now...

EDIT: She has just popped back on the line to tell me she is currently trying to get the engineers to change the fault code to the correct one and to explain that she needs to put me on hold for 3-4 minutes.

Hmmm.... She takes me off hold to tell me she has to put me on hold and apologise for it!?!?!