Is it safe to drink out of a cup that's had mold in it?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I've heard / seen some things at work and the people there still seem to be alive and kicking....

* filling the kettle with hot water
    * eating a half tin of beans left overnight in the kitchen window with tissue stuffed at the top
    * rinsing out a cup of soup and making tea in the same cup with the remains of the soup still inside
    * rinsing dirty cutlery that others have left in the sink and thinking it's clean to use, etc

...the list is so endless and disgusting!
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're in more danger from the bleach that you used to clean the cup with than from the mould.
  • phonex1976phonex1976 Posts: 6,412
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    You're in more danger from the bleach that you used to clean the cup with than from the mould.

That's true. Regular dish-soap and HOT water would have been more than enough to clean the cup.

It will be fine. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you could take a dump in a cup, and wash it, and it would be fine to use

oh dear, I've just been reminded of a certain video... with two girls...
    Now I feel ill...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd much rather buy a new cup for a couple of quid than drink out of anything that has mould or been washed with bleach. Favourite cup or not, it's gotta go - your health surely comes first!
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bubbsy wrote: »
    I'd much rather buy a new cup for a couple of quid than drink out of anything that has mould or been washed with bleach. Favourite cup or not, it's gotta go - your health surely comes first!

Your poor favourite cup. :(:(:(

If I reached into the breadbin and pulled out a green slice of Hovis I wouldn't get a new hand because I'd had something mouldy in it - a quick wash and it'd be back in the breadbin for a slice of Warburtons. So I think it's probably okay just to wash the cup. And cups are much more washable than hands, being all glazed and dishwasher safe and all that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    I once drank from a cup that had mould in it and I turned green like the incredible hulk and went round beating up bad guys. Cost me a bloody fortune in blouses and slacks. True.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *hugs* :(:(
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've often picked the green bits out of a slice of bread before toasting it. I've never got sick from it yet.

:o same here. You'll be fine OP. My plates have gone mouldy before and I've just washed them and ate off them straight after and I've felt OK. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could always ask your parents....if they're back yet that is ;)