Comments

• CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Netflix showed both series 1 & 2 uncut.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with original opening theme music yeah?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David166 wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect and old thread )

Don't worry about that, Two months isn't really that old, I've seen threads that are 13 years old resurrected on here. (and possibly even older than that)
  • harryjr101harryjr101 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    David166 wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect and old thread but I noticed the BBC store is selling OFAH episodes and series. If they are the uncut originals, I'm in... But there is no way of knowing.... Can anyone shed any light on this? (PS the forum search appears to be up the spout!)
    I did email the customer services at the weekend, they said they did not know if they were uncut. They said I could purchase an episode and I was not happy they would credit my account. I have not checked yet,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cuts in Yuppy Love are so galling!!
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the episodes on bbc store are the same as the cut dvd versions?
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 6,987
    Forum Member
    I remember Uncle Albert saying something like "P**i won't give us no credit" after they'd been to the corner shop.
  • ArtfulDodger_ArtfulDodger_ Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with original opening theme music yeah?

No that is missing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As this threads been bumped I'll ask again - anyone got the full yuppy love episode??
  • harryjr101harryjr101 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if the episodes on bbc store are the same as the cut dvd versions?

The BBC store are doing 50% off until today. It would be nice to know if the episodes are uncut. Jolly Boys is 85 mins which is 6 mins longer than the dvd according to Amazon
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the episode where Rodney met Cassandra while he was with his friends Micky and Jevon. They tried to pull her and failed. Rodney went to dance with her and the dance lasted about as long as the record Lady In Red by Chris DeBerg, which was playing. On the DVD, this sequence is cut very short. I guess this is due to music royalties.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the BBC cut racial remarks from their DVDs, otherwise The Young Ones would never be released uncut.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the episode where Rodney met Cassandra while he was with his friends Micky and Jevon. They tried to pull her and failed. Rodney went to dance with her and the dance lasted about as long as the record Lady In Red by Chris DeBerg, which was playing. On the DVD, this sequence is cut very short. I guess this is due to music royalties.

This is the scene I would love to see
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    As this threads been bumped I'll ask again - anyone got the full yuppy love episode??

It is indeed really annoying the cuts made to Yuppy Love. There is some really funny dialogue by Jeavon cut out. He says something like its time to do what i was put on this planet for. To bring pleasure to the females of this earth. All that is missing.

I have posted before about this and the uncut version seems to be impossible to find. Netflix have uncut episodes on there. Jolly Boys Outing is uncut. But Yuppy Love is not on there yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just record them off GOLD? They are uncut I think.

If GOLD are anything like Challenge, they would cut little bits out here and there thinking you can't notice but you can. Obviously you would only notice if you saw the uncut episodes to start with and you were a die hard fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be good if they were more forthcoming with the information, sometimes music scenes are not cut but the music is changed. Sometimes, as previously discussed the scenes are cut but I can't understand why they would cut the dialogue, unless there was music playing in the background, it's been a long time since I saw this episode. The dialogue from Jevon wasn't offensive in any way either, it was egotistical and edging on sexist but nothing I would consider worth editing.
  • TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid the BBC Store version has the normal cuts. All the Jevon stuff has gone and where Rodney asks Cassandra to dance. Waste of time.
  • Steven88Steven88 Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i've got the full version of Yuppy Love downloaded but I got it years ago and the picture quality isn't too good.
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,173
    Forum Member
    Was interesting reading the comments about Grandad on here - and reminded me of two of my favourite Grandad moments...

In the first Christmas special, 'Christmas Crackers', following on from the card mix-up, from Brenda and Terry, and the kids Shirley, Shane and Shaun :) - then moving onto Rodney's choice of cards from a charity organisation...

"I don't know why they want these drug-addiction centres. I mean ain't we got enough drug addicts without them recruiting them?" :D

...and... right at the start of the very first episode, the very first exchange, and still one of my favourites... :D

G: That Sidney Potter's a good actor, ain't he Rodney? He was marvellous in Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.
    R: Yeah, knockout Grandad. Sidney Potter?
    G: Yeah, you know him, always plays the black fella.
    R: It's Sidney Poitier.
    G: Sidney Potter!
    R: Look, it's Poitier.
    G: It's Potter.
    R: It's bloody Poitier I'm telling you.
    G: And I'm telling you it's bloody Potter.
    D: Are you two at it again, are you?
    R: Del, how do you pronounce that fella's name on the telly? Sidney Poitier or Sidney Potter?
    D: Personally I'd pronounce it Harry Belafonte, but you two please yourselves.
    R: You daft old sod, it was Harry Belafonte all along.
    G: Well I wondered why Sidney Potter kept bursting into song...I don't like Harry Belafonte.
  • AndrewSmithAndrewSmith Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone has downloaded all the episodes on itunes as I hear they are all supposed to be the uncut versions is this actually true? I know episodes such as The Jolly Boys Outing & Yuppy Love has extra minutes in them that didn't make the DVDs.

Thanx for any information.

The episodes on GOLD are far from cut... unfortunately! 😤
  • DamnedunitedarebackDamnedunitedareback Posts: 14,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the VHS set in late 90s they are All uncut
  • Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the VHS set in late 90s they are All uncut

Do you still have them? Have you transferred to dvd or hard drive?

They could be worth a few quid now.
  • ThaddeusGriffinThaddeusGriffin Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone has downloaded all the episodes on itunes as I hear they are all supposed to be the uncut versions is this actually true? I know episodes such as The Jolly Boys Outing & Yuppy Love has extra minutes in them that didn't make the DVDs.

Thanx for any information.

The episodes on GOLD are far from cut... unfortunately! 😤

Why have you dug up an almost decade old thread to add that comment??????
This discussion has been closed.