Dave Gorman's Modern Life Is Goodish

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I noticed he is doing a tour in St. Albans next year called 'Dave Gorman's Powerpoint Presentation' or something like that, maybe thats similar to this show :)
    I'm thinking of going actually as I've been pleasantly surprised by the show on Dave, very funny and I do look forward to each new episode :D
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good, the best show of the series so far IMO.

Loved all the greeting card stuff :cool:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I noticed he is doing a tour in St. Albans next year called 'Dave Gorman's Powerpoint Presentation' or something like that, maybe thats similar to this show :)
    I'm thinking of going actually as I've been pleasantly surprised by the show on Dave, very funny and I do look forward to each new episode :D
    That was the poster he showed in the show. A few posters have said that this seems to be a telly version of his stage show.
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

He's touring across the UK next year: http://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/dave-gorman

I've already got my tickets! :D
    Forum Member
    I cant order mine for St. Albans yet but will look out for them... :)
    Forum Member
    Have I read this right?
    On the site for my local venue, it says:
    NEW DAVE GORMAN SHOW ON SALE
    22 NOVEMBER 2014 :eek:

1. Where can you buy tickets? I cant see them 'on sale' at all.
    2. Does it really mean 2014?

http://www.alban-arena.co.uk/news/new-show-on-sale-dave-gorman/
    Forum Member
    I guess if it's for his tour next year then it will be for 2014.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Dave, I have his Googlewack show on DVD, and still find that funny as heck! :D

This show is just right up my alleyway in terms of comedy! :D
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,036
    Forum Member
    I remember he did a show on BBC2 about Astrology quite a few years ago now which was brilliant. I think it was called Dave Gorman's Big Astrology Experiment or something and he had to live his life according to his horoscope. It was very funny and I seem to remember his brother was on it too (his twin I think)

And I loved Are You Dave Gorman?

Edit: noticed someone already mentioned the Important Astrology Experiment :o
  • DuncanEmeryDuncanEmery Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    yes it is 2014 I have my tickets for Stafford - he has stated that he isn't touring for 12 months so he has original things for the show.
    a second series would be good but if there is one expect it not to be until 2015 after his tour.
    Forum Member
    As i've said earlier in the thread it must take an amazing amount of research to complie the show.
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was called Dave Gorman's Big Astrology Experiment or something and he had to live his life according to his horoscope. It was very funny and I seem to remember his brother was on it too (his twin I think
    That was the point of it. He did what his horoscope said to, his brother didn't. Horoscopes rely on the idea your future is based upon when you are born. His twin brother was (obviously) born the same day. If Horoscopes mean anything at all, he should have done better over the period than his brother, who wasn't getting the 'advice' from the horoscope.

As it turns out, he didn't. Amazing, I know :D

Loved the found poem this week.
    Forum Member
    Next week I'll ask at my venue about the tickets and when they go on sale. :)
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,036
    Forum Member
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    That was the point of it. He did what his horoscope said to, his brother didn't. Horoscopes rely on the idea your future is based upon when you are born. His twin brother was (obviously) born the same day. If Horoscopes mean anything at all, he should have done better over the period than his brother, who wasn't getting the 'advice' from the horoscope.

As it turns out, he didn't. Amazing, I know :D

Loved the found poem this week.

Yes of course, I'd forgotten his twin wasn't following the experiment. I'd got it into my head it was just Dave on it following his horoscope and his brother was on as a guest a couple of times oops :o It was over 10 years ago though I have slept since then!
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love this show - a definite highlight of the week! I'm not too sure that Dave G would do a second series though - he seems like he would want to do something different (which would probably be just as good as everything else he's done!)

I am missing his Sunday morning radio show (even though it has been over a year!). I never listened to the show, but downloaded all the podcasts - that's where I first heard the Found Poetry. Pun Street was a work of genius :D
    Forum Member
    I can't help hearing Dave saying 'Everybody knows Badger loves mashed potato' and 'Poor Kate, Poor Kate, its all going wrong for poor little Kate' in my head now :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    The poems are good but each week at 2/3 through he corpses and for me it doesn't seem natural.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched him for the first time last night and switched off. Droning on endlessly about dishwasher tablets? What am I missing?
  • gopher_uk1gopher_uk1 Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Watched him for the first time last night and switched off. Droning on endlessly about dishwasher tablets? What am I missing?

A sense of humour that meshes with Dave Gorman's. I have yet to find a comedian that everyone finds funny.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horses are not made of meat.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Gorman certainly pulls her weight as far as providing material is concerned! :D

Good series - Well done Dave. Embarrassing the main channels again.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,771
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Mrs Gorman certainly pulls her weight as far as providing material is concerned! :D

Good series - Well done Dave. Embarrassing the main channels again.

I think her finest moment was the remark she made after Dave sent that photo to the lookalike agency:

'Ooh, he does look like you, doesn't he?':D
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I burst out laughing at the washing powerball bit where he filmed himself opening up a ball and said "It's a f**king Smartie":D

Loved the bit of the poem "Hence the expression, 'cow-beef'".
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found myself Googling "Finish Powerball Smartie" before he'd revealed it was a lie:o
  • GarethHarrisonGarethHarrison Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    I found myself Googling "Finish Powerball Smartie" before he'd revealed it was a lie:o
    I was about to tweet in disbelief after he showed that the Smartie was the Powerball, but luckily he revealed before I hit the tweet button! But looking online at the time, it seems lots of people had actually opened the tablet before they realised! Very funny!