For What It's Worth - BBC One

cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A gentle enough afternoon quiz based around antiques. hosted by Fern Britton with a different antiques expert each day.

Would love to know how that gobby knob managed to get on it on Tuesday. After being eliminated he said he nearly fell off his seat laughing when the other couple chose the paperweight. Only turned out to be the most valuable piece on the show at £2500.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Yet more daytime dross to further rot the grey matter.
  • cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boboiseau wrote: »
    Yet more daytime dross to further rot the grey matter.

I take it you watch it to allow you to form that opinion. Nothing at all wrong with it, quite a relaxing 45minutes.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched one and thought it was very slow, boring and Fern looked very uncomfortable, yes, daytime dross >:(
  • LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed with this show. It was interminably long, I know it was only 45 minutes but seemed to drag on and on. Too much swapping of styles from round to round.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... And yet another way for the BBC to exploit the changing hands of old tat....

Boring....
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only antiques show I'll watch.
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this today for the first time, as it's the next up in the Think Tank/Code slot.

Some sort of antiques/quiz mix. Not especially thrilling.

Fern Britton saying, "Pickers make a pick" began to grate on me remarkably quickly.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fern Britton saying, "Pickers make a pick" began to grate on me remarkably quickly.

They were in the Magnus Magnusson Room all day thinking that one up.