Something I don't quite understand.

13»

Comments

• GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Could you? This is the first one who - in a different form / life - already had a link to The Doctor.

All other companions, except Donna, were random choices

Well yes and no. I'm no expert and I might be getting confused in the time stream. But...

If the Doctor hadn't met Amy and taken her on the TARDIS, River would never have been born (at least not as part Time Lord) and she would therefore not have been available to 'die' instead of the Doctor in the Library in series 4. So the Doctor would have died and never met Amy...

So Amy already kind of had a link to the Doctor even though she, he and we did not know that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Well yes and no. I'm no expert and I might be getting confused in the time stream. But...

If the Doctor hadn't met Amy and taken her on the TARDIS, River would never have been born (at least not as part Time Lord) and she would therefore not have been available to 'die' instead of the Doctor in the Library in series 4. So the Doctor would have died and never met Amy...

So Amy already kind of had a link to the Doctor even though she, he and we did not know that.

Good point - but I think she was the one who invited him to the Library in the first place? If she didn't exist, he wouldn't have gone
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point - but I think she was the one who invited him to the Library in the first place? If she didn't exist, he wouldn't have gone

Ah good point.

God this time travelling thing hurts :eek:
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    In that case, the Doctor and Amy meeting is guaranteed - because the consequences of it happening have already happened, the probability of it happening is 1.
    Anything that happens, happens.
    Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
    Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
    It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Could you? This is the first one who - in a different form / life - already had a link to The Doctor.

What about Tegan?

She Travels with the Doctor, leaves him and then randomly meets him again (2 years later I think from her PoV) in Amsterdam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    How do you know Clara didn't remembrer the Doctor? She may have been prtending. She may have kissed the Doctor to find out where he's been since they last met. A kiss with a Time Lord is nt like an ordinary kiss and would make one great interogation method. Perhaps special weapons daleks simply went around snogging Timelords until they found out how to penetrate gallifrey's defenses?
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    tscchope wrote: »
    How do you know Clara didn't remembrer the Doctor? She may have been prtending. She may have kissed the Doctor to find out where he's been since they last met. A kiss with a Time Lord is nt like an ordinary kiss and would make one great interogation method. Perhaps special weapons daleks simply went around snogging Timelords until they found out how to penetrate gallifrey's defenses?

How rude! :eek::o