Tamera is really good, but is so hard to like!

Comments

• gazzatheredgazzathered Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Love Tamera :) the Daily Mail on the other hand :mad:

Thought she was one of the best tonight. Can see her and Rough Copy in the final.

Thank you for confirming what a sad, selfish society we live in. I think if it had been a member your family she degraded and assaulted you may have been singing a different song.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You only don't like her because of what you've read in the papers, I don't see how she's done anything on the actual show to be branded 'unlikeable' :rolleyes:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    You only don't like her because of what you've read in the papers, I don't see how she's done anything on the actual show to be branded 'unlikeable' :rolleyes:

I'd have to say though there's something not quite right with her body language, even if we had never read anything about her.....she doesn't come across as the most likable of people personality wise.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for sure :) if this is her week 1 what will she be like in week 5/6 !!!

You know what...I'm glad she started with a uptempo track and did a good performance. If she does stay longer we will hopefully see her do some ballads:)
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She hasn't done anything on the show that makes her I likeable, but she has confirmed that the stories are true, so its not just "what's in the papers" is it?

Anyway, why does it upset you so much that others don't particularly like her or take issue with her past?
  • MrsSkittlesMrsSkittles Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Wayfarers wrote: »
    The problem is she's being pimped for the finals. The public don't appreciate being told who to like so unfortunately we direct our ire and dislike for her. Kitty was far more likeable imo.

I have to agree, I definitely think they're pushing her, I'm not crazy about her either
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Thank you for confirming what a sad, selfish society we live in. I think if it had been a member your family she degraded and assaulted you may have been singing a different song.

If despising the Mail makes me sad and selfish then I welcome those attributes.

I only watch the show and go on what I see on there and I see a great singer and ready made pop star in Tamera.
  • JelakinsJelakins Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the article in the Daily Mail is true then she is a drug taking, violent bully who should in jail.

Yes IF the article is true.... but it seems you already believe it and are sharing it anyway!!
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know right, i love her as a performer but im finding it hard to like her as a person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jelakins wrote: »
    Yes IF the article is true.... but it seems you already believe it and are sharing it anyway!!

She confirmed it to be true and made a public apology when the story broke. So no "if's" needed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    She hasn't done anything on the show that makes her I likeable, but she has confirmed that the stories are true, so its not just "what's in the papers" is it?

Anyway, why does it upset you so much that others don't particularly like her or take issue with her past?

Umm it clearly is 'what's in the papers' because you haven't pointed out anything she's done on the show that makes her unlikeable, I don't see what the other contestants have done to make themselves so much more likeable...

And because that's not what this show is about, people should be purely judging her on her voice and how she comes across on stage and nothing else.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    This has only happened once before for me - with Kitty.

The person has been really good, but it's so hard to like them. She won't be getting my vote because of that.

Anyone else struggling with it too?

Kitty was rubbish.

Tamera is a star - she just has whatever it is.

But you're right there is something about her that she will have to be really careful doesn't work against her. If we see any Diva behaviour she'll be toast.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I know Tamera can do better but I thought it was a decent performance by her. Doing uptempo tracks and keeping it in tune isn't easy

This has been done far better by other past contestants. Tamera was good, but not worthy of the hype and praise she has been getting from some.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    This has been done far better by other past contestants. Tamera was good, but not worthy of the hype and praise she has been getting from some.

Mate it's only week 1...I'll think she'll get much better as the shows goes on
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mate it's only week 1...I'll think she'll get much better as the shows goes on

But that's just it. Comparing her to others, she hasn't come in as strong as previous frontrunners did in week 1. She will improve, but I don't think she's deserving of the hype.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    They might as well call it The Tamera Show, with support.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Umm it clearly is 'what's in the papers' because you haven't pointed out anything she's done on the show that makes her unlikeable, I don't see what the other contestants have done to make themselves so much more likeable...

And because that's not what this show is about, people should be purely judging her on her voice and how she comes across on stage and nothing else.

I shall chose who I want to support or not by my own standards thanks. If I cannot morally support someone like that, I won't.

I'm not going to pretend she isn't what she is because she is pretty and has a good voice, or because she hasn't gone postal on the show.

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    But that's just it. Comparing her to others, she hasn't come in as strong as previous frontrunners did in week 1. She will improve, but I don't think she's deserving of the hype.

Give her time and we will discuss this later in the weeks (if she is still there). I personally don't agree her being the frontrunner. I rather if she wasn't the early favourite
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give her time and we will discuss this later in the weeks (if she is still there). I personally don't agree her being the frontrunner. I rather if she wasn't the early favourite

It's the producers who promoted her into favouritism. They uploaded an 11 minute clip of her arena audition onto Youtube....maybe the longest clip for an auditionee ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    I shall chose who I want to support or not by my own standards thanks. If I cannot morally support someone like that, I won't.

I'm not going to pretend she isn't what she is because she is pretty and has a good voice, or because she hasn't gone postal on the show.

Thanks.

Um okay I never you couldn't, you asked me why I have such a problem with these threads and I responded...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i liked Tamera tonight..she even looks pop star material
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    It's the producers who promoted her into favouritism. They uploaded an 11 minute clip of her arena audition onto Youtube....maybe the longest clip for an auditionee ever.

I know you love replying to my posts - I was waiting for your responses :D
    Personally I don't agree with the hype and favouritism in any contestants whether they are my favs or not
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2411030/X-Factor-star-Tamera-Foster-threatened-teenager-attacking-high-drugs-Gravesend.html

Is this the article or is there more :confused:

It was in her past and it was dealt with. The police were involved but it wasn't taken any further than a telling off. She is sorry for her behaviour and has publicly apologised so isn't it now time to move on :cool:

Regarding drug taking as she is only now 16 I think that is something for her parents to deal with tbh.

I didn't notice her that much in the audition stages but thought she was great tonight and I agree with Louie she will give Leona and Alexandra a run for their money.
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought she was Lip Syncing badly tonight and did very little of her own singing during her song
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Tamera = ok, but Chaka Khan she ain't - nowhere as good.

This she is a weak singer I don't see what is so great about her.