Options

Recenly got aroun to watching Prison Break...

laurence1870laurence1870 Posts: 213
Forum Member
Well that was intense!

I don't think a show has ever had me on the edge of my seat as much as this one! The first two seasons are great. I'll admit I didn't enjoy season 3 that much and then season 4 was a bit..different, but I still enjoyed it.

Do you think it could have lasted longer than four seasons? And what are some of your favourite moments?

Also, TBag is one of my favourite TV characters ever - Robert Knepper plays is great. Must say something about how good the actor is if you end up liking a murdering psychopath!

:)

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Season 1 Brilliant, Season 2 Good, Seasons 3 and 4 were just awful. The plot of the show was always going to struggle once they actually escaped.
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 1 was excellent but I think I gave up on it towards the end of Season 2 as it got pretty repetitive. Robert Knepper was brilliant as T-Bag, though.
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 1 is high up there as one of the best seasons of tv I've watched. Season 2 was good hell I even liked season 3, season 4 was watchable but the right time for the show to end.

I was also absolutely in love with Wentworth Miller so it didn't matter how crap it got I would probably still watch it :D:blush:
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    Like you i've only recently watched it and fell in love with it. I loved all of the seasons unlike most, season one was the best (and probably my favourite season of any show I've watched, it was just fantastic) season two I really enjoyed, season three was my least favourite but I still loved it and season four was probably my second favourite season.

I do think it ended at the right time though (and honestly I sobbed watching The Final Break). It was getting a little repetitive but I liked the reboot on season four. It was fun.

And it helps immensely that Wentworth Miller is absolutely gorgeous, that accent and that brooding look. Very nice indeed.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first series was excellent but once they'd actually broke out it just got sillier and sillier.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season one was excellent...loved season 2 and I enjoyed 3 and 4. I didn't watch the Final Break as I was pretty upset enough at the ending on season 4 :(
    And yes Wentworth Miller was just sooo good to look at :p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Season 1 was immense television. I thoroughly enjoyed the aftermath and pretty much I've watched it all about four times over now. Highly underrated show despite the intense hype at first.

I hardly ever watch something that is freshly hyped as it brainwashes you. I waited 2-3 years before I started on this boxset.
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 1 Brilliant, Season 2 Good, Seasons 3 and 4 were just awful. The plot of the show was always going to struggle once they actually escaped.

Sums it up pretty well.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first and second series were as good as each other. I thought the second series was unexpectedly brilliant.

The only problems with both, particularly series one was the filler towards the last few shows, around episodes 15-18 they suffer from trying to string it out to the required amount, whereas 3 or 4 episodes less, the quality would have been even higher.

Series 3 and 4 were decent enough but it had gone on a little too long by that point, but I never missed one and enjoyed it always.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't start watching until Season 3 was about to air. My Cousin had been raving about it for ages but back then I only really watched Lost and a few other US shows.

I gave in one day and managed to get hold of season one on DVD, I was hooked and watched season one and two in one week and started watching season 3 that was two episodes in.

Now I tend to watch way to much US shows! I always say Prison break and Lost are the two shows that made me follow US tv instead of UK rubbish.