Rihanna - Unapologetic (Album Thread)

123457»

Comments

• digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read the entire thread but what is up with the pronunciation of 'business'?

That put me off the song, it's so annoying.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just reading through some replies here.. How can this album be more personal when Rihanna doesn't write her own songs? She's a sorely untalented pop puppet, nothing more nothing less.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Just reading through some replies here.. How can this album be more personal when Rihanna doesn't write her own songs? She's a sorely untalented pop puppet, nothing more nothing less.

With her Rated R album, some of her songwriters like Ne-Yo were told specifically to write songs about her relationship with Chris Brown. So it is possible for an album to be more personal, even if you don't write it. You see artists all the time covering songs written by other people and making the song personal to themselves (e.g. Adele and Make You Feel My Love).

Personally, I've always been more of an "instrumental" person than a "lyrics" person, so I don't care either way. The album has some catchy as hell beats for me, especially Jump, Numb and Phresh Out the Runway.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how yet again Rihanna called out for lack of her songwriting.

It reminds me of what Eva Cassidy said when she was questioned on why she rarely sung her own songs. I don't know what she said word for word but it was something along the lines of saying that she didn't like to songwriter as she wasn't good at it, but thought herself as more of an interpreter for songs she sings.

Obviously Rihanna is no where in the same league as Eva but just a comment about songwriting i remember very well.