The Big Bang Theory: Unaired Pilot!

iluvjohnsargiluvjohnsarg Posts: 1,437
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello all,

I know someone posted this some time ago on a TBBT link, but I just can't find it right now, and I want to forward it to a friend who's a TBBT fanatic.

Does anyone have a link to the original TBBT unaired pilot? The one without Penny.

I did google it, but only found youtube snippets and not the whole episode.

Thank you all in advance.

x

Comments

• cld92cld92 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    There is another pilot?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.vidxden.com/wc4gcfqf6c8c

Surprising that it was 2006 when it was made. The music and everything, it could pass for the 90s. :D
  • iluvjohnsargiluvjohnsarg Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cld92 wrote: »
    There is another pilot?

Yes, there was a unaired pilot (also started in the hi IQ sperm bank), but the main female character wasn't Penny. She was more ... I suppose "butch" woman.

I'm going to have to trawl throught pages of DS to find if nobody comes up trumps here.
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take me to the pilot.

(I would imagine there is not an audience of braying donkeys attending the pilot so that's a plus right there)
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See post #3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, there was a unaired pilot (also started in the hi IQ sperm bank), but the main female character wasn't Penny. She was more ... I suppose "butch" woman.

I'm going to have to trawl throught pages of DS to find if nobody comes up trumps here.

Is my post invisible or something? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

Surprising that it was 2006 when it was made. The music and everything, it could pass for the 90s. :D
    Oh, it's that Science song from the 80s. That'd be why. :)
  • iluvjohnsargiluvjohnsarg Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is my post invisible or something? :D

LOL

Thanks Joe_Zel - I got distracted whilst posting, so missed your link.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the pilot done with a student audience? If so, why are they laughing so much?!

Galecki is hillariously wooden
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, it's that Science song from the 80s. That'd be why. :)

I know. It's not just that though, it looks like an early Friends episode.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks. I had seen clips from the original pilot before but that was the first time I had seen the whole thing. Recasting the female lead was the right move but it would have been interesting if they'd kept the geeky female friend - especially one with a sexual history with Sheldon - even if that would have changed his character a lot.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, that pilot was not good.

I initially thought that the actress playing Leonard and Sheldon's geeky friend was the same one who plays Amy...but no.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheldon donating sperm, which remained in the final pilot, quickly became completely out of character for him. IIRC he also only knocked once on Penny's door in the pilot.

How gutted must the "old Penny" have been when she read about Kaley Cuoco signing a 3 year $20m contract?! :o
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    That Gilda character was annoying.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching the commissioned version of the Pilot on E4 and noticed that the picture quality is a lot 'crisper', similar to the picture quality used when they show shots through the camcorder in later episodes. Anyone know why?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »
    Also Penny claims to be from Omaha not Nebraska in this episode.

Omaha is a city in Nebraska. :D