Options

loader download

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
Forum Member
I am running windows XP and purchased a ZP43 connector which I installed the driver for and got the dirver installed massage. I downloaded and saved WDN4AOK from the humax web site and the PSXTF10006 file. I opened WDN4AOK and clicked on file and selected the PSXTF file. It came up waiting for humax connection. I connected the humax with a null modem cable and switched on. It went through its loading cycle but then nothing happened. I am sure that the null modem connections were secure. What am I doing wrong? I intended to download the updateed loader mainly to ensure that I could be familiar with the process for future updates.

David

Comments

• Options
    PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you turn the Humax on from cold or from standby

From memory its

Turn Humax off (Swith at the back)
    Conect cable up
    Run the software on your pc and select the file
    power on the humax
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I turned on from cold and did it in the order you suggest. The humax went through the load sequence and then on to BBC 1 which was the program that it was last on. The computer is in another room so it was certainly from cold.

David
  • Options
    PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happens on the computer

Can you get to the pc quickly after powering the Humax on, you should see a progress bar if the download is working
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse the interruption.

It maybe to do with the Comm Port settings, on the computer.

If I remember correctly when I installed this adaptor, the default was Comm Port 4, had to change it in device manager to Comm Port 1, and whilst you are there check the speed is 115200.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Have you verified that the COM port you selected in WDN4AOK is the ZP43 and is functional and that you had selected 115200bps?

Apologies in advance if you have done all this (shades of grandmothers and eggss maybe!) but :-

You should be able to find the COM port assignment for the ZP43 by right-clicking My Computer on the Desktop, select Properties then the Hardware tab. Press Device Manager and you should see a tree of devices including one titled "Ports (COM &LPT)" If you don't see it ensure that "Devices by type" is selected in the View menu. Expand "ports" by clicking the "+" and you should see the COM port assigned to your ZP43 adaptor.

You can check that it works by setting up a connection to that COM port with Hyperterminal (Start->Programs->Accessories-> Communication), select no flow control, short pins 2 and three together on the 9 pin connector and whatever you type should echo back on the Hyper terminal screen.

If all the above works and your cable is truly a null-modem (crossover) cable then I have no further ideas. I use a Pacific USB to Serial adaptor, probably very similar to yours, on my portable to update my Humax. It is assigned to COM1 and it all worked first time with WDN4AOK for me but that is no consolation for you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks agraham. I checked the com ports and find that the 3 on the front of my computer are com 7 com 8 and com 9. In the drop down menu in WINOAK the com ports only go up to 4 so it would appear that I have got to sort out one on the back of the computer.

David
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Out of interest, and because I'm confused, what are the existing COM1 to COM4 assigned to?

I had assumed that you needed a USB to serial adaptor ecause your machine lacked a serial port like my portable. In Device Manager if you right click on a port and select Properties -> Port Settings ->Advanced you can assign the COM port setting yourself.

You could temporarily reassign whatever COM1 presently is to an unused COM number and assign the now free COM1 to your ZP43 - and undo everything after in case something depended on the original COM1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thankds agraham - I allocated com1 to the port I am using and it downloaded ok with no trouble.

David
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did suggest that at post #5 as that was my experience of using the same adaptor.