Weekly outfits

savedlatinsavedlatin Posts: 178
Forum Member
Don't suppose anyone knows how we can find out where their outfits come from (not the Dorothy outfits!)? I would love to have Jessie's purple/black dress!!

Comments

• MissbegottenMissbegotten Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet you won't want the green wheelie bin the poor girl is wearing today!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Stephanie can keep the giant yellow beach towel they put the poor kid in this week ...:rolleyes:
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Emilie and Sophie would look good in a sack - long, long legs.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    i loved Stephs vest/top tonight but some of the things they put Jessica and Stephanie especially are really bad, Jessica was dressed in a potato sack tonight and Stephanie's wouldn't be that bad if her colour wasn't BRIGHT!! yellow
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Stephanie can keep the giant yellow beach towel they put the poor kid in this week ...:rolleyes:

I think it was recOnstruction of Rachel's bee dress on IDA.
  • lougarrylougarry Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Danielle got a raw deal in her solo number tonight. Maybe that's why she got the blatant gingham plug in the group one.
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really mixed bag of dresses tonight. I try to avert my eyes from some of the atrocities, but the ones that stood out tonight (in a bad way) were those of Stephanie, Jessica and Danielle. Frightful, particularly Stephanie's. Well spotted, Dancing Cake - it must have been a beach towel!

Lauren looked good, as did Emilie, and I have conveniently forgotten the others.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle was dressed as a madam
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was recOnstruction of Rachel's bee dress on IDA.

It wasn't just me who thought that. :D
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lougarry wrote: »
    Danielle got a raw deal in her solo number tonight. Maybe that's why she got the blatant gingham plug in the group one.

I thought Danielle's dress was by far the best tonight and perfect for the sing she was singing.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Danielle's dress was by far the best tonight and perfect for the sing she was singing.:confused:

I thought the top half was lovely but it was too long, kind of drowned her a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    I thought the top half was lovely but it was too long, kind of drowned her a bit.

I thought Danielle looked great actually - very 1940s, even the shoes. I was wondering if they had done it on purpose to show she was like Judy. At least she didn't have the sacks on that some of the poor things had to wear.
    Forum Member
    I just thought it made her look much much older and therefore unDorothy-like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lougarry wrote: »
    I just thought it made her look much much older and therefore unDorothy-like.

Ahh, but I love the old films, so it doesn't bother me.

I can't see Dorothy wearing ANY the solo number frocks (or leggings), tbh! Not even the potato sacks for working on the farm.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like her performance tonight at all but I loved Jenny's dress.
    Forum Member
    redvelvet wrote: »
    Ahh, but I love the old films, so it doesn't bother me.

I can't see Dorothy wearing ANY the solo number frocks (or leggings), tbh! Not even the potato sacks for working on the farm.:rolleyes:

LOL.

Hmmm. I love films from the Golden Age too but I thought Danielle looked like she was channelling Lauren Bacall rather than Judy Garland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Stephanie has gotten a really raw deal with her outfits and her hairstyles so far.

Danielle usually looks quite well, as does Steph. Lauren's hair was not good tonight. Jenny can be hit and miss - thought she was styled well tonight, but wasn't a fan of her dress for 'Songbird'. Sophie would look great in a potato sack, bless her. Although I wasn't too keen on her hair tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clarkia wrote: »
    I didn't like her performance tonight at all but I loved Jenny's dress.

Yeah I loved that. I thought she looked stunning tonight.
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The outfits the girls wear for their solos are mainly hidious, They are nothing like anything girls of that age would wear or even related to the theatrical aspects of the song they are singing, its as though they have been given a dressing up box of old clothes that they have to use!
  • SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    japara wrote: »
    The outfits the girls wear for their solos are mainly hidious, They are nothing like anything girls of that age would wear or even related to the theatrical aspects of the song they are singing, its as though they have been given a dressing up box of old clothes that they have to use!

I'm glad it's not just me that has been thinking that. I was putting it down to my age, and my lack-of-fashion sense, which has been finely honed from birth.
  • looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Danielle's dress is that it could have looked fantastic, as the style was very 40's - but it was too big. It didn't fit her. It needed to be fitted in the skirt and about an inch or 2 shorter. It looked like she was wearing someone elses dress.

Jessica & Stephanie's outfits looked awful, but Sophie's was quite nice - better than last weeks monstrosity. I also liked Lauren & Steph's and Jenny & Emillie's weren't hideous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Stephanie's hair that had me annoyed last night. Perhaps it's fashionable to have totally different hair on each side of your head.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dresses are generally mind-blowingly ugly - how can any sane person think ill-fitting day-glo lycra is flattering?! But the Calamity Jane cowgirl outfits were nice, particularly Stephanie's leather trousers.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    littleRB wrote: »
    It was Stephanie's hair that had me annoyed last night. Perhaps it's fashionable to have totally different hair on each side of your head.

Stephanie's hair was awful. It looked as if they'd just thrown mousse and hairclips at it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I thought in the group numbers, the denim and leather outfits were just terrible.... but actually quite liked the little dresses the Oklahoma group wore. very cute :)